Iron Men!

aubiefifty

auburnwire.usatoday.com

Iron Men! Two freshmen earn weekly award from Auburn coaching staff

Brian Stultz
2 minutes

A new part of the Bryan Harsin era is the introduction of the Iron Men of the Week, an award given by the Auburn coaching staff to one offensive and one defensive player each week for their accomplishments in the weight room.

Two freshmen — Wesley Steiner and Keiondre Jones — earned that honor this week.

Steiner is a 4-star inside linebacker from Warner Robins, Ga. who was considered one of the top athletes at his position in the 2020 class.

Jones, a 4-star offensive guard from Hogansville, Ga., is expected to battle for playing time on a reformed offensive line.

Really looking forward to seeing Steiner play this year.  He seems like a great kid and was a beast in high school.  

10 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

Really looking forward to seeing Steiner play this year.  He seems like a great kid and was a beast in high school.  

i was sent to warner robbins afb for a month twenty or twentyfive years ago and went to a football game. i forgot who was playing but maybe houston county? they had a big ol devil past one end zone and everytime the home team would score they would shoot fireworks from his arm or something. it was a lot of fun. it was the first time i had seen like thirty cheerleaders on one team before.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i was sent to warner robbins afb for a month twenty or twentyfive years ago and went to a football game. i forgot who was playing but maybe houston county? they had a big ol devil past one end zone and everytime the home team would score they would shoot fireworks from his arm or something. it was a lot of fun. it was the first time i had seen like thirty cheerleaders on one team before.

Was stationed there from 2012-2017 and the WR vs HOCO rivalry is still a pretty good one. 

Archived