Auburn adds analyst with offensive coordinator experience

aubiefifty

Auburn Football

Auburn adds analyst with offensive coordinator experience

Updated 9:07 AM; Today 8:28 AM

Bodie Reeder was Utah State's offensive coordinator last season.

By Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com

Bryan Harsin has added another coach with coordinator experience to his Auburn staff.

Bodie Reeder has been hired as an offensive analyst and is already in town working for the Tigers, a source told AL.com.

Reeder, a former quarterback at Eastern Illinois, joins Auburn’s staff after serving as the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Utah State last season.

Reeder was previously the offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at North Texas (2019) and Eastern Washington (2017-18).

In 2018, Reeder led the way for an Eastern Washington offense that ranked third in the FCS in total offense and helped the team reach the FCS championship game. His 2019 North Texas offense ranked 27th nationally in passing with an average of 283.3 yards per game.

Matt Zenitz is a senior SEC football reporter for the Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @mzenitz.

Impressive! The fact that we can pull in an "analyst" with that type of experience shows that we have the right man in charge.

i believe we have always gotten decent talent over the years. some super talent as well and i just believe he will have better talent to work with at auburn once he gets going. in about five years he will have us playing in the superbowl against the pro's. call me auntie cleo and BOOK IT! lol

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Impressive! The fact that we can pull in an "analyst" with that type of experience shows that we have the right man in charge.

Agree. This move is very impressive. It’s the kind of move made by a program with a winners mentality.

Im excited about our future 

4 minutes ago, Bro Johnny Mac said:

Agree. This move is very impressive. It’s the kind of move made by a program with a winners mentality.

Im excited about our future 

18 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Very similar to what a certain team across the state does. THAT'S impressive, only 1 month in.

this question is screaming at me to ask. this is not a bash either. if gus basically had four offensive plans what in the world did all his offensive GA's do? i know it is not quite that simple but i still wonder?

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

this question is screaming at me to ask. this is not a bash either. if gus basically had four offensive plans what in the world did all his offensive GA's do? i know it is not quite that simple but i still wonder?

Ball duty in practice. The guys that catch the ball for the QBs. The guy that snaps it to the QBs. Man what a gravy job.

100% shocked

I really am.

Now can we replace Rocker if needed?

2 hours ago, WDE_OxPx_2010 said:

Very similar to what a certain team across the state does. THAT'S impressive, only 1 month in.

Reeder hasn’t even been fired for cause or lost at a game of head coach musical chairs. No black marks on the resume. No outstanding warrants. No rehab required. Can’t be a “splash hire” without those qualifications, right?

I’m still thinking/hoping there’s a moneyball level of sophistication shaping up here that creates an asymmetric advantage. Wish i could fast forward 24 months and have my hopes/biases confirmed. 

So was he fired from the OC position at Utah State? Or does an analyst gig pay so much it induces an OC at another school to take an off field analyst position?

6 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

So was he fired from the OC position at Utah State? Or does an analyst gig pay so much it induces an OC at another school to take an off field analyst position?

9 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

How’d he end up as an analyst? It looks like he was doing well at his previous stops. 

Tried to find this out as well.  He made 275,000 at North Texas.  Assume more at Utah State.  We don't pay that much for an Analyst.  I can't imagine he took a pay cut.

Now we just need another 2 dozen of these and we should be able to compete with that other team and reach the $2.1MM recruiting mark!

Maybe it’s a chance to be at an SEC program and use as a stepping stone. That’s what happens all the time at uat and I hope AU can get to that place with coaching/analyst hires.

48 minutes ago, toddc said:

Maybe it’s a chance to be at an SEC program and use as a stepping stone. That’s what happens all the time at uat and I hope AU can get to that place with coaching/analyst hires.

Bama is different.  They are taking failed head coaches and revitalizing their careers.  A damn ex-NFL coach is their OL coach.

I could see an OC at Utah State maybe become a position coach.  But going from OC to off the field assistant is a downgrade 

Looks like he wasn't retained by the new staff at Utah State.  Black Anderson was hired and he's an offensive guy, so not surprising he isn't going to keep the OC.

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Those guys get fired and go to Bama basically as a gap year. Did our guy get fired?

47 minutes ago, TigerCatcher said:

Between Harsin, Bobo and Reeder we should be able to get Bo to use his hips on his throws.  I once roomed with Ron Veal on a mission trip to the DR, maybe I can get him involved as well....

Gentlemen,   

Archived