Coach Harsin on Corn

aubiefifty

he says he likes it at least twice a week with his meals................boo hiss. lol

247sports.com

Auburn hires Troy's Cornelius Williams as wide receivers coach

ByNathan King
3-4 minutes

Auburn has hired Troy wide receivers coach Cornelius Williams in the same role for its 2021 staff, Tigers head coach Bryan Harsin announced Saturday morning.

"Cornelius is a great fit for the staff we are assembling," Harsin said. "He's a strong teacher of the game on the field and has been developing recruiting ties in Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi during his time at Troy. As a Birmingham native, and his state of Alabama roots, he understands what Auburn football is all about and the type of player and high character individuals we want bring in and develop. I'm excited to see his energy and passion for the game guide our wide receiver room."

Williams replaces Kodi Burns as Auburn's wide receivers coach. Burns, an Auburn alum, held the position since 2016.

In six seasons at Troy, Williams' wide receivers were named All-Sun Belt 14 times. In 2020, the position group saw the 100-yard receiving mark eclipsed 11 times, breaking Troy's single-season program record.

"He's one of the brightest young coaches in America," Troy coach and former Auburn offensive coordinator Chip Lindsey told Auburn Undercover. "Very detail-oriented, has a great relationship with his players. Works extremely hard, and he'll do a great job there for Coach Harsin."

Sign up for the Auburn Undercover Newsletter and get Auburn breaking news in your inbox

Troy finished No. 12 in college football in total passing offense this

as bad as my memory is i remember his name getting some buzz during his playing days. they were discussing his name of course but if he can coach half as good he can play we are gold.

Archived