Seth Williams expected to enter NFL draft

aubiefifty

Auburn Football

Auburn standout wide receiver expected to enter NFL draft

Updated 11:20 AM; Today 11:08 AM

Seth Williams led Auburn in receiving yards this season.AP

By Matt Zenitz | mzenitz@al.com

Auburn is on the verge of losing another one of its top wide receivers to the NFL.

Seth Williams is expected to enter the NFL draft, a source told AL.com.

The Tuscaloosa native had 47 catches for a team-high 760 yards and four touchdowns as a junior at Auburn this season after leading the team with 59 catches for 830 yards and eight touchdowns in 2019.

Williams is viewed in the NFL scouting world as a potential Day 2 NFL draft pick.

The news means the Tigers are expected to enter next year without their top three wide receivers from this season — Williams, Anthony Schwartz as well as No. 3 wide receiver Eli Stove.

Schwartz, the team-leader with 54 catches, recently declared for the NFL draft.

Matt Zenitz is a senior SEC football reporter for the Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @mzenitz.

24 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I appreciate your efforts aubiefifty, but there is already a thread on this very subject.  Probably would have been better added to that thread.

i understand and do that on occasion but if something is new i hate to look back through pages i have already read to get an update. i was hoping folks would see it and then the mods would add it to the seth thread. maybe there is a better way but i am not sure what it is. if the mods dislike it they will move it i am sure. thanx for letting me know.

• WarTiger changed the title to Seth Williams expected to enter NFL draft

Archived