inquiring minds want to know

aubiefifty

We get run out the building. They carry their defensive coordinator on their shoulders at the end of the game.  Every coach except Cadillac and twill relieved on Sunday

4 hours ago, cctiger said:

I don't know about exercising or exorcise, or reign/rein, its/it's. I'm liking the grammar police posts though. I hated English in school, it was my worst subject. Diagraming a sentence for instance: I once asked my English teacher in high school, what good was diagraming a sentence going to do me in the navy and being a gunner mate, since she knew that's where I was headed after I got out of school(I joined on the 180 day delay way back then). I received a look of stunned silence from her(got some yeah's from a few others in class). I have never diagramed a sentence, not once since I graduated high school. Not saying that English is not important, i was just a lot younger way back then and thought that English stuff like that was just stupid. Just exercising/exorcising one of them there demons here this evening. Flame away now folks with corrections to my post. I'll enjoy reading them. LOL!!!

It’s ‘diagramming’.  Just saying....(BTW,  I was an Electrician’s Mate in the Navy- served on 2 nuclear submarines.)

1 hour ago, triangletiger said:

It’s ‘diagramming’.  Just saying....(BTW,  I was an Electrician’s Mate in the Navy- served on 2 nuclear submarines.)

a bubblehead.........and all i got a radioman in the pentagon making a ton of coffee.i mean a lot of coffee. i heard you guys got the best chow in the military other than the big wigs. i did get some great time offs. six mids and five days off. six evenings and four and six days with three days off. i lucked into that because i was ncsc and we had a captain on our crews. this was in the seventies and washington and the surrounding area's were hard on servicemen because of nam.

2 hours ago, triangletiger said:

yeah, left out an "m"...LOL! (Gunners Mate on a PBR and Destroyer). One of my best friends was a ST on a Sub at one time. I preferred the surface!!!

19 hours ago, cctiger said:

I don't know about exercising or exorcise, or reign/rein, its/it's. I'm liking the grammar police posts though. I hated English in school, it was my worst subject. Diagramming a sentence for instance: I once asked my English teacher in high school, what good was diagramming a sentence going to do me in the navy and being a gunner mate, since she knew that's where I was headed after I got out of school(I joined on the 180 day delay way back then). I received a look of stunned silence from her(got some yeah's from a few others in class). I have never diagrammed a sentence, not once since I graduated high school. Not saying that English is not important, i was just a lot younger way back then and thought that English stuff like that was just stupid. Just exercising/exorcising one of them there demons here this evening. Flame away now folks with corrections I took en 101, en 102, ato my post. I'll enjoy reading them. LOL!!!

No one is perfect and I got your point. I took EN 101, EN 102 and American Lit I & II, but I still use Grammarly because I'm better at math and physics. Everyone has weaknesses. In Japan. they choose their weakness to improve themselves. Typing is another of my weaknesses, however, I've been pecking for about 20 years so that's improved somewhat. I'm the comma splice king.

https://www.grammarly.com/

With spell Chech it's a wander we don't Seymour incorrect words used and I'm being Sirius win I say that to. 

On 12/30/2020 at 5:25 PM, TigerTale said:

I think it's safe to say Gus won't be calling the plays.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Word is that Northwestern is gonna be missing 19 players for the game with 4 or 5 others "questionable." Some are opt-outs, some are injuries.  Either way, it looks like AU has no excuses here with our opt-outs.

A lot of changes to handle in 2 weeks with time off, personnel, coach shuffle, and possible playbook tinkering. Not a lot of reps to keep the system tuned up. Expect a lot of procedure penalties. Scoring in 1st half is mostly field goals :( Pegues doing some short yardage handoff runs from the backfield? Pretty conservative play calling to run clock and not let the game "get out of hand" if strategy is influenced by Steele. If NW can score touchdowns it'll be a frustrating time trying to keep up. Hoping not to see Nix grounding the ball every time he sprints out of the pocket. Hope Nix+Stove, Nix+Schenker score points. Hoping Tutt does not get burned for easy touchdowns. If team is disciplined and does not look silly, it's a victory, and might turn into a victory. WDE!

Archived