Harsin wants to expand recruiting footprint

aubiefifty

3 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

I never have understood any kid wanting to go to turdville(well, they have been winning lately I guess). It literally smells like a sewage dump and its not just that im an Auburn fan. Get away from the campus and that place is a dumpster fire. I can imagine what the families of players from all over think when they go to visit. Unless they make them ride in cars with blacked out windows so they cant see. 

It is not just that they have been winning lately, it is that they put a lot of players in the NFL.

16 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

It is not just that they have been winning lately, it is that they put a lot of players in the NFL.

They win and they're consistently in championship contention. They have a top shelf evaluation & development program as evidenced by the # of players they funnel to the early rounds of the NFL every flipping year.  They have a proven and sustained process and every top recruit and his parents know it.

Look up "Top 10 <football position>s in the NFL" and you're going to find a bama player on every list except QB, kicker and punter. (And Tua's making a case to change one of those.)

As for Tuscaloosa being a dump, most college kids don't care. That town is fun as hell to party in when you're that age. 

7 minutes ago, keesler said:

They win and they're consistently in championship contention. They have a top shelf evaluation & development program as evidenced by the # of players they funnel to the early rounds of the NFL every flipping year.  They have a proven and sustained process and every top recruit and his parents know it.

Exactly.  For an 18-year-old 5-star recruit, aspiring to the NFL dream, it is one of the best programs to commit to.  I hope Harsin gets Auburn heading in that direction.

35 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Exactly.  For an 18-year-old 5-star recruit, aspiring to the NFL dream, it is one of the best programs to commit to.  I hope Harsin gets Auburn heading in that direction.

🍻Here here!

On 12/28/2020 at 7:16 PM, Zeek said:

Our recruiting class this year

Florida - 3

Alabama - 2

Georgia - 1

Texas - 3

Missouri- 1

Kansas - 1

Oklahoma - 1

Australia - 1 (technically Chapman counts to this class)

We've done a weird job of not getting Georgia and Bama kids this year.

so Gus's staff and Gus did as well in GA  as he did in Australia and KS for that matter?   Utterly ridiculous. 

What would we look like in 3 yrs if Gus had stayed?   OMG that is a scary thought.

8 hours ago, AUnCullman said:

I never have understood any kid wanting to go to turdville(well, they have been winning lately I guess). It literally smells like a sewage dump and its not just that im an Auburn fan. Get away from the campus and that place is a dumpster fire. I can imagine what the families of players from all over think when they go to visit. Unless they make them ride in cars with blacked out windows so they cant see. 

My Dad's a Bammer and agrees with this!

Archived