A Case for Bill Clark to AU

tigeraddikt

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

“Hi recruit’s parents! I’m Nick Saban, I’ve had success at LSU and Bama obviously and put hundreds of players in the NFL”

“Hi recruit’s parents! I’m Kirby Smart, I’ve had success at UGA and learned from the guy who you just talked to who was also successful!”

“Hi I’m Bill Clark I was a good high school coach and resurrected UAB”

one of these is unlike the other two. 

How is that any different from, for instance, Napier. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Lesssee.......Napier coached under Dabo, was hired twice by Saban, took Louisiana from 7-7 to 9-1 in three years.     Pedigree, experience in the SEC, A-list recruiter, HC results - anything I'm missing?

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Napier has a far more impressive background at power5 schools.  Bill Clark does not have any power 5 experience.  Clarification i am not a supporter of Napier for HC because I believe there are a lot better canadiates for HC but to point out that Napier is at least qualified and Clark is not.

11 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Lesssee.......Napier coached under Dabo, was hired twice by Saban, took Louisiana from 7-7 to 9-1 in three years.     Pedigree, experience in the SEC, A-list recruiter, HC results - anything I'm missing?

7 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Napier has a far more impressive background at power5 schools.  Bill Clark does not have any power 5 experience.  Clarification i am not a supporter of Napier for HC because I believe there are a lot better canadiates for HC but to point out that Napier is at least qualified and Clark is not.

You guys are making distinctions without a difference. Par for the course for a fan base locked into absolute freakout mode, I guess.

Guys, it's getting counterproductive.

i wish auburn would get off their high horse and make another pass at nap. give the man a fair shot to win on his own terms and give him a good pay raise loaded with incentives. and as much as i hate to see some folks lose their job let him bring his own guys in. it is not going to haappen. i remember gary at tcu came out and said he was interested years ago and changed his mind quick which tells me people want to interfere.

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

1. He built Prattville into a team that was able to beat Hoover when Propst owned 6A HS football in the state. I think we can all see the parallel to Saban and Bama.

2. He kept the JSU machine rising after Jack Crowe got it launched about 10 years ago.

3. UAB was buried under Garrick McGee. He was a horrible HC that put them behind even further than where they were under Neal Calloway. For Bill Clark to come in and resurrect that entire thing top to bottom, THEN keep it on life support when they were self-buried, to win multiple CUSA titles with a bunch of 1 and 2 star players...are you kidding me? 

He would have AU relevant and able to consistently hold their own against the Bama machine. Wouldn't happen overnight, but this AU program is nothing close to a total rebuild. What he provides, accountability, is what Gus sorely lacked and what AU surely needs.

No

1 hour ago, tigeraddikt said:

1. He built Prattville into a team that was able to beat Hoover when Propst owned 6A HS football in the state. I think we can all see the parallel to Saban and Bama.

2. He kept the JSU machine rising after Jack Crowe got it launched about 10 years ago.

3. UAB was buried under Garrick McGee. He was a horrible HC that put them behind even further than where they were under Neal Calloway. For Bill Clark to come in and resurrect that entire thing top to bottom, THEN keep it on life support when they were self-buried, to win multiple CUSA titles with a bunch of 1 and 2 star players...are you kidding me? 

He would have AU relevant and able to consistently hold their own against the Bama machine. Wouldn't happen overnight, but this AU program is nothing close to a total rebuild. What he provides, accountability, is what Gus sorely lacked and what AU surely needs.

Thanks, I feel we can do better than Clark but sorry to see the juvenile palm to face and thumbs down emojis under your solid thoughts. 

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

You guys are making distinctions without a difference. Par for the course for a fan base locked into absolute freakout mode, I guess.

Guys, it's getting counterproductive.

I don't know how you can say without a difference unless you were in a shell the last 8 year when Gus was running those high school coaches in to be OC in the SEC.

As good of a man that Bill Clark seems to be, why in the world would he give up control now? Don't be surprised if he turns them down, too.

24 minutes ago, Carnell said:

I don't know how you can say without a difference unless you were in a shell the last 8 year when Gus was running those high school coaches in to be OC in the SEC.

Bill Clark has been in CFB for over a decade now and has effectively rebuilt the trash program he inherited from scratch since he's been a HC. Hasn't had a losing season.

He's every bit the risk Napier is sure. For some reason having coached under Saban and Dabo gives him superpowers or something.

Blech. This forum has gone full stupid. 

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Bill Clark has been in CFB for over a decade now and has effectively rebuilt the trash program he inherited from scratch since he's been a HC. Hasn't had a losing season.

He's every bit the risk Napier is sure. For some reason having coached under Saban and Dabo gives him superpowers or something.

Not super powers.   A coaching tree. Mentoring from some of the best.   Note Gus - no coaching tree.  More like a twig.  Clark - high school, S Alabama, UAB.   Not gonna scare anybody. 

6 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

Not super powers.   A coaching tree. Mentoring from some of the best.   Note Gus - no coaching tree.  More like a twig.  Clark - high school, S Alabama, UAB.   Not gonna scare anybody. 

Sooooo superpowers. Duly noted. 

23 minutes ago, AUDub said:

No this forum has not gone full stupid only the ones that think Auburn equates to UAB.  No maybe it is not full stupid if you have your way then Auburn will be UAB.  AUBURN C USA champions.

1 minute ago, Carnell said:

No this forum has not gone full stupid only the ones that think Auburn equates to UAB.  No maybe it is not full stupid if you have your way then Auburn will be UAB.  AUBURN C USA champions.

Hell we're pretty much all over Napier based upon a couple of year of success in the sunbelt. 

And having coached under Saban and Dabo, but whatever. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m not worried about Bill Clark the coach . More worried about the stipulations that might be put on him.

100% and that goes with anyone who would take the job and ‘would”being the key word. The selfish so called PTB have to get out of the way OR it’s back to the same ole same ole no matter who they convince to take this job. 

The funniest thing. People were scared of becoming Tennessee lol. Their fear was we couldn't find a coach to do better than Gus. Well....HERE WE ARE! The most frustrating part is it's the University intentionally doing it to itself. Not that we couldn't find a coach...there are several to choose from,  only they want control over their football team. I mean who would've thought a successful coach would want his own support staff? No....the GOBs know better. Anyone that gets hired with these clowns in charge will be nothing but yes men. Or....as some say "Auburn Men". What a s*** show this University is becoming in the public eye.

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hell we're pretty much all over Napier based upon a couple of year of success in the sunbelt. 

And having coached under Saban and Dabo, but whatever. 

I was upfront i said I did not want Napier as a HC because there were a lot of better HC canadiates out there.  I was comparing the qualification of Napier to Clark and that is all.

2 hours ago, ToomersStreet said:

Please go into depth on what would lead you to believe that?

I have no idea how clark would do recruiting at Auburn, but according to 247, UAB's averaged about the 8th place recruiting class in C-USA every year Clark's been there. Napier and Louisiana for reference has had the top Sun Belt class for 2 of his 3 years. 

Does that mean anything? Probably not, but its a data point regardless. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m not worried about Bill Clark the coach . More worried about the stipulations that might be put on him.

This. I'd be over the moon if we reeled him in and gave him free rein. If conditions are dictated though. Ugh. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

This. I'd be over the moon if we reeled him in and gave him free rein. If conditions are dictated though. Ugh. 

Correct l. I don’t care what anyone says, his rebuild of UAB is remarkable. Majority of coaches would have the CKS record at UAB. I firmly believe if Auburn gives him the autonomy and resources needed to be successful he absolutely can be. I think he is smart enough to know he needs “sharks” at this level. My issue is the leaders don’t seem to want to do that or give anybody that flexibility and want to force people on our coaches. Heck supposedly they did the same thing with Bruce Pearl. The problem was nobody would touch BP as a HC, so he had no leverage .

This clown show is not going to end anytime soon until the fat a$$ boosters give up the idea of keeping certain people on the staff and NOT allowing a coach to have control over his program. It is utterly ridiculous that we are even having to say this.  

Archived