Men vs Appalachian St.

Zeek

Williams inside for 2. 57-45 AU

Good defense from Powell and rebound for Williams and is fouled. Auburn is now in the bonus.

Powell fouled going to the basket and hits both FTs. 59-45 AU

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

Big thing right now is Johnson's play. Kid is playing great on both sides and has a +33.

His best game as an AU tiger by far. We need him to play like a veteran

Just now, gravejd said:

His best game as an AU tiger by far. We need him to play like a veteran

I was really hard on Johnson at the end of last year because he was not shooting well. Very impressed by him this season and he's an anchor off the bench for us.

Thats pretty much game! Great win to finish the OOC schedule. App St came in with a plan and executed it well and we still got the win. Can't believe we are 6-2 without Coop

App State stayed in this game because of FTs. They haven't made a FG in over 7 minutes. 65-53 AU.

Maasdorp with the drive and the TOUGH basket!!! 67-53 AU. Cook with the rebound and will dribble it out.

Auburn wins!

We should’ve beaten UCF to be 7-1. I feel like we beat them 7-8 times in a 10 game series. We’ve gotten a lot better since that game though. When/if Sharife comes back, we’ll be a whole different animal. 

I feel for Turbo. Got 0 minutes today. I expect him and Franklin to be gone next year. 

With the Maasdorp layup, Auburn covers. lol Williams, Flan, and Powell balled out again. Johnson joined the scoring parade. And Cambridge needs to be coming off the bench, IMO. 0 points and 0-4 from 3 with a -19 +/-

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

App State stayed in this game because of FTs. They haven't made a FG in over 7 minutes. 65-53 AU.

Maasdorp with the drive and the TOUGH basket!!! 67-53 AU. Cook with the rebound and will dribble it out.

Auburn wins!

Thanks for the updates. WAR EAGLE!!!

20201222_155302.jpg

War Damn. This team is fun. I'm glad it wasn't too stressful but stayed interesting the whole time.

Those final two points were golden.

1 minute ago, WarEagle2423 said:

I feel for Turbo. Got 0 minutes today. I expect him and Franklin to be gone next year. 

I wouldn't be surprised. The freshman are better and they're only going to improve.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

20201222_155302.jpg

War Damn. This team is fun. I'm glad it wasn't too stressful but stayed interesting the whole time.

Those final two points were golden.

Glad you and the wife got to go to the game and enjoy the W. War Eagle!

With that W Auburn now has the best non-conference record in the SEC over the last 5 years. And it also puts Bruce Pearl at number 4 in wins at Auburn. War Eagle!

On to SEC play and the never ending question of when Cooper will be eligible!

Really enjoyed the game. We didn't play particularly well, but we're showing some toughness and getting contributions up and down the rotation.

Really encouraged by Jamal and Dylan off the bench. Powell has to be more assertive and look to get himself involved in the offense. He's passing up open looks too often. I understand the desire to initiate offense and get people involved. That's good, but he has to balance that with taking open looks. Flanigan is the best player on this team. Incredible improvement. That's a credit to him and the staff.

No one wants Turbo to succeed more than myself or any other AU basketball fan on here, it just seems like it might not happen this year.  He has great speed and you can tell that he has the ability to handle the ball well, but in the games it seems like he is constantly trying to do too much.  Maybe that is not the best way to describe it but I can't think of a better term.  He forces passes that are not smart, he lacks the right touch on others (too hard or soft), and he forces himself to drive the lane sometimes when often there is no space.  I think he wants to play so badly that he forces the issue when he gets minutes rather than letting the game come to him.  That is just my .02 cents.  The Auburn team as a whole this year just keeps on impressing me.  They really have gotten better every game it seems like.  It really is a huge shame that AU can't play in the tourney, as I am almost certain they will be a team NO ONE wants to play in another month.  Should they get Cooper back sometime soon this year, they will be even more formidable.  Here's hoping that we will get everyone back next year with tons of experience and confidence to make a deep run in the NCAA Tourney.      

Auburn is slowly rounding into a decent team. They have improved defensively over beginning of the year and unlike previous Auburn Teams under Pearl are more comfortable playing in various zones while like all Pearl teams play tough man to man.  Still young and make defensive errors but they all work hard and are getting better. At times today defense really locked down the other team forced them to end of shot clock even though a few teams let teams off the hook near end of shot clock. We are starting to getting more balanced scoring with Williams, Flanagan, and Johnson is double figures Powell with 9 points, 8 Boards (team Leader) and 5 assists even though he missed some shots he will usually make. Cardwell is slowly becoming a force he is a big body with 5 boards, 6 points, and an assist. He is defensive presence he is big enough to body people away from the basket and plays hard and with a lot of joy. 

I am seeing a lot of potential from Thor but I am really waiting for a breakout game. Williams is becoming more consistent every game. So far this year Cambridge is my biggest disappointment I thought he was the player from last year that would show most improvement but by far it is Flanagan.  That said last year Cambridge was streaky I am hoping he finds his touch as another scorer would off the bench would really help this team.  Moore works hard and will be the Jaylin Williams type by end of year. I have not seen enough of Franklin to have an opinion. 

Archived