Men vs Appalachian St.

Zeek

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnson misses the wide open 3 but Moore gets fouled going for rebound. Thor Misses the three but Stretch is fouled on the rebound. And Powell throws the ball away. Still 27-22 with 4:44 left in the first half.

Powell with his 6th rebound and then gets his 4th assist with the cross court pass to Flan for the 3! 30-23 Auburn and then Flan gets the Technical chirping to the bench and App goes 1-2. 30-25 Auburn

Powell throws another pass away. Looks like he expected Cambridge to be somewhere else. App hits the 3. Tied game at 31. Auburn struggling to close the half again. Gotta do better.

Edit: Cambridge with another missed 3. He's killing us with these 3s now. And Stretch misses the front end of a 1 and 1. No points in the last 2+ minutes for AU

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I’d be fine if Cambridge quits shooting 3’s. 

Pretty sure they said he was shooting around 24% this year from 3. And with 4 more misses today that might go under 20% before the game ends.

Edit: Yep, 24.4% from 3 before this game. Also shooting 35% from FT. At this point, I'd like to see him come off the bench to wake him up.

Nice job to go into the half up by 3. Getting some clutch shots from Jaylin and Jamal to keep us in this. App St is playing very solid bball. Their playing a kind of 2-3 zone but its kind of a matchup zone in that they are not giving Powell any breathing room at all. He has forced some bad passes and bad shots due to that. But he has also made some really good passes to break the zone. App St is not a great offensive team so if we can play solid D in the second half and not get too frustrated on offense we should be able to over whelm them. They are not going to give it to us though...we gotta play well and take it. 

My dude Powell needs to get going. He's not shooting. We need him to widen the gap. 

Some things I've noticed. Bruce is thinner than the TV screen makes him look.

Cardwell is even bigger in person.

We're playing decent defense. They're just making some silly shots at a clip they shouldn't.

Foul calls have felt really questionable today. I think a full crowd or at least a full Jungle would make this not even competitive. 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

My dude Powell needs to get going. He's not shooting. We need him to widen the gap. 

This is the second game in a row where he's not taking many shots. He's only taken 1 this game, so far. Wonder if he's doing it on purpose to try to show that he can facilitate in the 1 position. I think he needs to take at least 4-5 shots each half because he's passing on some wide open shots.

Just now, tgrogan21 said:

This is the second game in a row where he's not taking many shots. He's only taken 1 this game, so far. Wonder if he's doing it on purpose to try to show that he can facilitate in the 1 position. I think he needs to take at least 4-5 shots each half because he's passing on some wide open shots.

Yeah like someone else mentioned I think other teams are focusing on slowing him down

On 12/19/2020 at 1:04 PM, chizhead said:

There has been a time change for ap st if I heard Andy right before the game...be sure and check to make sure

Just getting caught up on this thread, so someone may have already mentioned it, but I'm surprised to see App State have a b-ball game at the same time as their football team's bowl game. 

And now you're telling me they changed the schedule last minute to make this happen? Seems even... stranger.

1 minute ago, looney said:

Just getting caught up on this thread, so someone may have already mentioned it, but I'm surprised to see App State have a b-ball game at the same time as their football team's bowl game. 

And now you're telling me they changed the schedule last minute to make this happen? Seems even... stranger.

The UCF football game is at 7 tonight

1 minute ago, gravejd said:

The UCF football game is at 7 tonight

Not sure I follow.

App State is playing North Texas in the Myrtle Beach bowl now, no?

1 minute ago, tigers23 said:

App State football game was yesterday

Ahhhhhhh... It's showing up as "Live" right beside this b-ball game on my YouTube TV app. Sorry!!

Just now, looney said:

Not sure I follow.

App State is playing North Texas in the Myrtle Beach bowl now, no?

I'm lost and don't know where i am....pls disregard lol

Just now, gravejd said:

I'm lost and don't know where i am....pls disregard lol

Apparently I was, too. 

Can we blame the coaching search threads?

🤣

Oof. Thor spun outside instead of inside. Would have had an easy layup/dunk but he turns it over. And then ANOTHER Auburn turnover. 3 turnovers on 3 possessions.

4 turnovers in 5 possessions for Auburn this half. Thor with the block and Powell with the quick pull-up 3. Glad he's taking the shots this time. 39-31 AU

1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

4 turnovers in 5 possessions for Auburn this half. Thor with the block and Powell with the quick pull-up 3. Glad he's taking the shots this time. 39-31 AU

Good news is, App St. can't even make a dunk, so...

Archived