Odds Released on Next Football Coach

aubiefifty

Odds Released on Auburn Next Football Coach
Huge Freeze, Liberty HC (+150)
Billy Naper, Louisiana HC (+300)
Billy Clark, UAB HC (+500)
Mario Cristobal, Oregon HC (+700)
Brent Venables/Tony Elliott, Clemson DC/OC (+900)
Bill O’Brien (+1000)
Steve Sarkisian, Alabama OC (+1800)
Kevin Steele, Auburn DC (+2000)
Matt Campbell, Iowa State HC (+1500)
Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina HC (+1200)

this kind of confusing as it is not in order. also i cannot get in touch with the auburn group that posted this to see who actually put this out. but it is fun to speculate etc. has anyone else seen this and know who put the list out? and this was facebook and not the rant.

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:
Bill O’Brien (+1000)

this kind of confusing as it is not in order. also i cannot get in touch with the auburn group that posted this to see who actually put this out. but it is fun to speculate etc. has anyone else seen this and know who put the list out? and this was facebook and not the rant.

I found what looks like the same list but it also has Kiffen at +2500 and Mike Gundy at +3000.

Next Auburn Head Coach Odds

WDE!

1 hour ago, auburn4ever said:

Surely we're not talking to Mike Gundy. What in samhill has he done at Oklahoma State.

Its been a while so...

He's 50. He's a man!

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:
Bill O’Brien (+1000)

I have seen that list.  However, IDK how reliable it is.  I really do like the idea of Bill OBrien.  Well connected in both college and the NFL.  Great offensive mind.  Recruit players for a pro style system that will get them ready for the NFL.  Excellent developer of QBs.  Close with the Patriots QB coach.  Only doenside is he might try and bring Ted Roof in as DC, but Bill has a lot of solid connections.

16 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

I have seen that list.  However, IDK how reliable it is.  I really do like the idea of Bill OBrien.  Well connected in both college and the NFL.  Great offensive mind.  Recruit players for a pro style system that will get them ready for the NFL.  Excellent developer of QBs.  Close with the Patriots QB coach.  Only doenside is he might try and bring Ted Roof in as DC, but Bill has a lot of solid connections.

We gonna act like he hasn’t been the laughing stock of the league for two years?

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

We gonna act like he hasn’t been the laughing stock of the league for two years?

image.png

Please clarify.  For Starters that is a better record than Saban, Spurrier, or Kelly had in the League.  Also, last two year?  I know people that have coached alongside both Cristobal and O'Brien they would give the nudge to Obrien.  But hey, Cirstobal is the hot new name.  I get it.  Just like a young new hot offensive coordinator that took the college football world by storm and in the opinion of some is was the hottest new prospect.  You can act like Obrien is a laughing stock all you want.  The people I know speak very highly of him and have for the last two decades.  Out of that entire list he is arguably the most respected within coaching circles, and does not have baggage 

11 minutes ago, ToomersStreet said:

image.png

Please clarify.  For Starters that is a better record than Saban, Spurrier, or Kelly had in the League.  Also, last two year?  I know people that have coached alongside both Cristobal and O'Brien they would give the nudge to Obrien.  But hey, Cirstobal is the hot new name.  I get it.  Just like a young new hot offensive coordinator that took the college football world by storm and in the opinion of some is was the hottest new prospect.  You can act like Obrien is a laughing stock all you want.  The people I know speak very highly of him and have for the last two decades.  Out of that entire list he is arguably the most respected within coaching circles, and does not have baggage 

For starters: their star QB is BETTER after he left. Dude had oodles of talent at the Texans and he 💩 it away. He gave 75 million dollars to Brock Osweiler who had EIGHT career starts under his belt! He spent half of 2018 complaining to the media that Rick Smith hadn’t given him enough tools to work with which is absolutely bananas. The reason he couldn’t give him the tools Bill needed was because the QB HE wanted destroyed their cap space. He then appointed himself GM and then traded JADAVEON CLOWNEY for Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, and a 3rd round pick. Guess who won that trade? Seattle. Know why no one talked about it at the time? Because Houston was winning. In spite of him. The thing that did him in? Imagine trading a generational talent in Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson and 2nd round pick. Wanna know why he traded him? Because he compared him to Aaron Hernandez and felt that DHop had too many baby mamas around. 

JJ Watt is one of the most likeable dudes in the league and he hates the guy. 

He’s a “everything is their fault and not my fault” type of guy. He’s a failure of a head coach and a laughing stock. I don’t want him anywhere near Auburn. 

2 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

How can somebody have odds when the committee is still developing criteria? Asinine. 

Vegas just sets the odds. It's up to the public to drive them up or down. They have their info as well.

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

For starters: their star QB is BETTER after he left. Dude had oodles of talent at the Texans and he 💩 it away. He gave 75 million dollars to Brock Osweiler who had EIGHT career starts under his belt! He spent half of 2018 complaining to the media that Rick Smith hadn’t given him enough tools to work with which is absolutely bananas. The reason he couldn’t give him the tools Bill needed was because the QB HE wanted destroyed their cap space. He then appointed himself GM and then traded JADAVEON CLOWNEY for Barkevious Mingo, Jacob Martin, and a 3rd round pick. Guess who won that trade? Seattle. Know why no one talked about it at the time? Because Houston was winning. In spite of him. The thing that did him in? Imagine trading a generational talent in Deandre Hopkins for David Johnson and 2nd round pick. Wanna know why he traded him? Because he compared him to Aaron Hernandez and felt that DHop had too many baby mamas around. 

JJ Watt is one of the most likeable dudes in the league and he hates the guy. 

He’s a “everything is their fault and not my fault” type of guy. He’s a failure of a head coach and a laughing stock. I don’t want him anywhere near Auburn. 

Even with everything you pointed out I will still take him over Gus.  I am not even going to say you didn't make some good points, however, he still had a couple of good seasons, and I believe he could do way better at the college level. 

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:
Bill O’Brien (+1000)

I posted the original article on AUFAMILY Raw and Unedited it was on 247sports.

6 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

How can somebody have odds when the committee is still developing criteria? Asinine. 

Thats called gambling. Sort of like how an NFL team can be 0-8 yet still can get odds on them winning SuperBowl.

Odds updated yesterday:

Kevin Steele +125

Mario Cristobal +250

Hugh Freeze +350

Billy Napier +650

Bill Clark +1200

Steve Sarkisian +1200

Billy Elliott +1600

Brent Venables +1600

James Franklin +1600

Mark Stoops +1600

Matt Campbell +1600