Pleeeese no Freeeeeze

AURex

23 hours ago, keesler said:

There's something about Freeze leaving OM with a 2 yr bowl ban and the loss of 32 scholly's over a 4 yr period that make me shy away from him.  Those sanctions just ended this month and they are still crippling OM and will for years to come.  I'm not weighing the hooker debacle, just the terrible situation he left OM in when they canned him. ouch

Shying away from bowl bans and scholarship limitations should be standard practice. It was far worse than lying about an innocent back yard bbq and Ole Miss paid dearly for it.

23 minutes ago, countoff said:

I don't understand why people are gung ho for Freeze but be dead set against Art Briles.  Isn't their situations similar?

No - research it.  Briles is much worse and the same issues could be headed towards LSU/Ed Orgeron's way with the alleged coverup and lack of proper reporting for multiple rape and sexual abuse allegations.

Freeze sat back and allowed his coaching staff to operate outside the recruiting rules.  Went so far as to let the Asst AD (Barney Farrar) organize a communication system line between OM recruits and OM boosters.  OM boosters over-stepped their boundaries and Freeze was charges with a couple of Level I infractions, loss of 32 scholarships, 2 yr bowl ban, and tough recruiting restrictions.  He was ultimately fired for the hooker/company cell phone evidence that was later found. 

Just now, keesler said:

No - research it.  Briles is much worse and the same issues could be headed towards LSU/Ed Orgeron's way with the alleged coverup and lack of proper reporting for multiple rape and sexual abuse allegations.

Freeze sat back and allowed his coaching staff to operate outside the recruiting rules.  Went so far as to let the Asst AD (Barney Farrar) organize a communication system between OM recruits and OM boosters.  OM boosters over-stepped their boundaries and Freeze was charged with a couple of Level I infractions, loss of 32 scholarships, 2 yr bowl ban, and tough recruiting restrictions.  He was ultimately fired for the hooker/company cell phone evidence that was later found. 

So, y'all wanted to fire our moderately successful, 9-4 averaging coach because he wasn't winning enough, but y'all don't want to hire an offensive minded coach who is most likely to beat Saban even more often and take Auburn to the next level? 

I understand the concerns about the NCAA sniffing around Auburn more if Freeze is hired, and that's a real concern, but the complete and total opposition I'm seeing from some folks, who also wanted Gus fired, is a bit silly. 

Freeze would almost certainly be successful at Auburn, especially in developing Bo and Demetrius Davis, who are both more talented than Malik Willis, who Freeze has turned into a star. 

So do we want to win more, or not? Because Cristobal is highly unlikely, and Freeze is the second best option (would be first if not for his NCAA trouble), and so unless theres a candidate coming that is a surprise, we are not going to get a proven winner, and thus... are more likely to become the next Tennessee, Nebraska, Arkansas, etc... than we are to average better than 9-4 every year. 

Archived