Men vs Memphis

AUBourne

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AU Marsh said:

Powell straight up ran away from contact under the goal rather than contesting the shot.  Not a good personality trait for a leader.  

Trash take. Kid is the one person leading this team as a freshman out of position. 25 points 8 rebounds.

1 minute ago, AU Marsh said:

Powell straight up ran away from contact under the goal rather than contesting the shot.  Not a good personality trait for a leader.  

Do you mean against that 6’11” freak under the basket?

Not sure what he coulda done.,?

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

Reminds me of divencenzo (sp) when he was at Villanova 

Yep, a little bit. Both are pure shooters but DV was a bit more of a natural ball handler. Also more athletic, but not a bad comparison. 

Just now, GTNupe11 said:

Yep, a little bit. Both are pure shooters but DV was a bit more of a natural ball handler. Also more athletic, but not a bad comparison. 

Powell is still young too. I think he has ability to grow into that. Not to mention coming off a missed season with a groin injury.

4 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Do you mean against that 6’11” freak under the basket?

Not sure what he coulda done.,?

Contest the shot without fouling? attempt to strip the ball on the way up?  Stand in the way?  Honestly, anything besides give up. 

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Powell is still young too. I think he has ability to grow into that. Not to mention coming off a missed season with a groin injury.

Is the groin injury the reason more schools (especially KY) didn't recruit him? No way after watching him play anyone wouldn't want him on their team.

Archived