Context to AU's 42nd-ranked class

aubiefifty

And regardless of who the next coach is I expect some of our top returnees to be hitting the Transfer Portal.

Just now, autan said:

And regardless of who the next coach is I expect some of our top returnees to be hitting the Transfer Portal.

ALL of them. 

On 12/16/2020 at 9:31 PM, keywest said:

In October I stated this recruiting class wouldn't be in the top 20 and I wouldn't be remotely surprised if it didn't finish in the top 30! This season, the players, Gus's AU career and this recruiting class were ALL lost during the USC game.

@keywestThe cycle still ain't over yet. Gotta wait til February for a final assessment.

On 12/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, Tigger1985 said:

Very stupid to get rid of Gus before signing day. Why wouldn’t you wait? Especially if you have NO clue who the replacement is. Eat up with the stupid we are as Yoda would say. 

@Tigger1985The guys who got Gus fired, the boosters,  had their replacement. They were going to get Steele named HC immediately. Thank God Greene stepped in & took over & didn't back down from his stance on No Steele.

On 12/21/2020 at 1:57 PM, auburn4ever said:

Depending on the next hand picked by the BOT's, Auburn's 2021 class will continue to fall. Most likely 80 or 90 something.

Epic epic fail GIF on GIFER - by Shaktishicage

5 hours ago, ellitor said:

@Tigger1985The guys who got Gus fired, the boosters,  had their replacement. They were going to get Steele named HC immediately. Thank God Greene stepped in & took over & didn't back down from his stance on No Steele.

I wonder if the #stopSteele really turned the tables on them and allowed Gouge and Greene to step in and interview the list they had come up with?

I just wondered who allowed Greene to step in? It's hard to tell the chain of command when their are BOT and Boosters involved.

I heard without a good source to back it up, that Greene may not be able to stay, and could be forced out?

TO me, this hire seems to make me feel Greene is on solid ground as long as Harsin stays.

47 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I just wondered who allowed Greene to step in? It's hard to tell the chain of command when their are BOT and Boosters involved

Not sure anyone allowed it. He just did it after Gus was fired which he was not in favor of supposedly.

49 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

I heard without a good source to back it up, that Greene may not be able to stay, and could be forced out?

That’s the going  rumor but some believe his strength here Will allow him to truly have control of the A.D.

12 hours ago, ellitor said:

Glad that they didn’t get their way. Kudos to Greene on this one as I like the hire the more I find out about him. Didn’t want Steel. Still not giving him a pass on Flo. 

5 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Glad that they didn’t get their way. Kudos to Greene on this one as I like the hire the more I find out about him. Didn’t want Steel. Still not giving him a pass on Flo. 

Flo wasn't his call. That was Leath that gave her the extension.

Archived