Miss St. Game Set for 6:30 On SEC Network

aubiefifty

al.com

Kickoff time, TV channel set for Auburn vs. Miss State

By Tom Green | tgreen@al.com

Auburn will close out its regular-season schedule under the lights at Davis-Wade Stadium.

The SEC announced Sunday that Auburn’s game at Mississippi State next weekend will kick off at 6:30 p.m. and will be broadcast on SEC Network.

Auburn (5-4) is coming off a second straight loss to a top-five team, losing its home finale to Texas A&M, 31-20, on Saturday. Mississippi State (2-6) did not play last weekend after its originally scheduled game against Missouri was postponed. The Bulldogs last played on Nov. 28, when they lost the Egg Bowl to rival Ole Miss.

The Tigers lead the all-time series with the Bulldogs, 61-29-3, and won the last meeting between the two SEC West foes, 56-23, last season in Jordan-Hare Stadium. Mississippi State won the last meeting in Starkville, 23-9. Auburn is 4-3 against Mississippi State under head coach Gus Malzahn, including wins in three of the last four matchups.

Auburn is 18-10-1 all-time in Starkville.

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

this is going to be a weird game because gus will be fighting for his life. but i have a buddy from the old vle forum and he is a wsu fan and he claimed auburn somehow cheated in the game to win and he claimed the whole team to include the pirate wanted to play them again. it probably does not matter but i wonder if leech wants revenge. you can bet he smells blood in the water concerning gus.

Unfortunately I think we blow them out and Gus saves his job yet again.  The thing about our D is our run D and MSU has NO run game.  The Pirate can't want all he wants to, but he does not have the talent needed for his O.  In the next few years, this may be a different story, but I do believe this team wins and wins big on Sat.

6 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Unfortunately I think we blow them out and Gus saves his job yet again.  The thing about our D is our run D and MSU has NO run game.  The Pirate can't want all he wants to, but he does not have the talent needed for his O.  In the next few years, this may be a different story, but I do believe this team wins and wins big on Sat.

i am not taking anything for granted. our secondary has what looks like issues to me. i will pull for auburn hard but i have no confidence anymore.

• ellitor changed the title to Miss St. Game Set for 6:30 On SEC Network

Georgia escaped Mississippi State in Athens.Auburn got clobbered as always in Athens.It seems this game might be an upset specialAU at -5 (don’t bet but would take the over)

if gus loses this it will be three in a row. the university will have to make some kind of statement but it will probably be what no one wants to hear.

4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Cue the,

'We deserve this timeslot, we suck' replies 

:lol: 

Or is 6:30 too late for those?

This year I was looking forward to the 11:00 AM game as it got the pain over early in the day.

Archived