Malzahn: Better days coming soon for Auburn football

aubiefifty

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

There is no article linked in your comments.. Even so my comments were also about next year. I said so what? Winning 9 games next eason doesn't mean anything if Gus is coach. He is what he is. Even if he could talk recruits into ignoring the plight of other top recruits that signed at AU under Gus he still couldn't develop them. 

LoL's! I replied to the post that started the thread. I didn't quote because I didn't need to. Are you having some sort of difficulty right now or what?

On 12/8/2020 at 7:36 PM, AUGoo said:

Fool me once or twice, 

Shame on you.

Fool me another dozen or so times, 

Then I'm a F@#%^^ idiot!

Gus, don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining.

Your reply is on page two. And again, who cares if Gustav has a chance at less than 4 losses next year? Overall it is still a detriment to the programs long term health if he is coach next year. 

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

LoL's! I replied to the post that started the thread. I didn't quote because I didn't need to. Are you having some sort of difficulty right now or what?

I understand why you laugh. But I'm sure many people thought the same thing in 2003 about Tuberville. But a lot of us knew that the schedule set up perfect for him in 2004. We were stuck with that snake oil salesman for much longer than necessary. I really hope that doesn't happen again.

1 hour ago, jAUSon said:

source (1).gif

19 hours ago, bigbird said:

I have to admit, for him to be able to maintain that level of optimism year in and out in spite of the mountain of data pointing to the opposite, is admirable. Seriously, the level of focus and dedication necessary to ignore all of the glaring roster issues while simultaneously dismissing the mounting abject performance failures, is down right super human. I can't think of another coach that is skilled enough to pull it off...and he does it all with a smile. Truly impressive.

It is almost admirable in a laughable way. Reminds me of this old cat that used to come pick up cans at the river. This man literally was his own worst enemy and caused himself so much trouble. He was the type that would have the light in his oven go out, and he try to fix it and by the time he is done, the light works but the oven is shot. Just always made things worse. Point is...no matter what this fella always had a smile and never worried about a thing. I think he was comfy in his own incompetence. 

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I think he was comfy in his own incompetence. 

Growing old makes one that way. Light goes out in my oven?...simple: wife uses a flashlight...BOOM!

5 hours ago, AUBourne said:

I understand why you laugh. But I'm sure many people thought the same thing in 2003 about Tuberville. But a lot of us knew that the schedule set up perfect for him in 2004. We were stuck with that snake oil salesman for much longer than necessary. I really hope that doesn't happen again.

Yeah and having 4 first round draft picks doesn't hurt either. Two in the top 5 and 3 in the top 10. Come on man, Auburn might win 4-5 games next year with Gus at the helm. Everyone is getting better except Auburn.

If he stays I would go ahead and set the spread for UGA and Alabama at home for -11 and -14 respectfully and would put the mortgage on Auburn not covering either game. If JT Daniels stays holy moly they will score as much as they want.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:19 AM, bigbird said:

I have to admit, for him to be able to maintain that level of optimism year in and out in spite of the mountain of data pointing to the opposite, is admirable. Seriously, the level of focus and dedication necessary to ignore all of the glaring roster issues while simultaneously dismissing the mounting abject performance failures, is down right super human. I can't think of another coach that is skilled enough to pull it off...and he does it all with a smile. Truly impressive.

Yeah it's called lying 

I think 9 wins are very possible out of these 11 games. Even for Gus. JMO. 

Akron

Penn State

Georgia State

Alabama State

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Ole Miss

LSU

South Carolina 

Texas A&M

Bowl Game

18 minutes ago, woodford said:

Yeah and having 4 first round draft picks doesn't hurt either. Two in the top 5 and 3 in the top 10. Come on man, Auburn might win 4-5 games next year with Gus at the helm. Everyone is getting better except Auburn.

If he stays I would go ahead and set the spread for UGA and Alabama at home for -11 and -14 respectfully and would put the mortgage on Auburn not covering either game. If JT Daniels stays holy moly they will score as much as they want.

7 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Akron

Penn State

Georgia State

Alabama State

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Ole Miss

LSU

South Carolina 

Texas A&M

Bowl Game

I see three gimmes. At the moment, the rest of these games will be against programs who are getting better like I already mentioned. LSU looks bad but their 21 recruiting class will be light years better than ours and who knows what hires Coach O will make in the off-season. Re PSU, I have no idea what they're bringing back but I have zero faith a Gus/Bo led Auburn team waltzes into Happy Valley and leaves with a W. If that's a night game (white out perhaps?) Auburn will get their asses kicked.

16 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

Akron

Penn State

Georgia State

Alabama State

Arkansas

Mississippi State

Ole Miss

LSU

South Carolina 

Texas A&M

Bowl Game

😳 Which 9?

On 12/9/2020 at 6:19 AM, bigbird said:

I am convinced that Malzahn has had extensive training in psychological warfare. Or, at the very least, studied the history of the USSR, Stalin, and the tactics of the Communist party there. Gus is a failure as a HC but would have been very successful in the Soviet Union back in the day

On 12/9/2020 at 6:19 AM, bigbird said:

I could feign optimism out my arse if I'd already pulled close $50million from my employer in 8 yrs. 

A snake oil salesman is only good if he has a willing buyer and the Auburn Administration buys his schtick every year.  

I think Auburn can win any of those 11 games that I listed. With the least likely being Penn State and Texas A&M. But right now PSU is not having a great year and I have no idea what they will look like next season. I have never been impressed with Franklin mostly due to his in game coaching decisions. We know Gus struggles on the road and is under 500 vs all ranked opponents. But not sure how many of those teams on that list are actually top 25 type teams.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

😳 Which 9?

Gus says the same crap every year, but has only delivered one time...and he screwed that up by losing the final two games. 

Gus is the AU HC now ONLY BECAUSE OF THE BUYOUT!

10 hours ago, AUBourne said:

i would think the folks at auburn would look at his whole body of work. he has one outstanding year and one decent one to me and the rest of the time we have had losses other coaches would have won. bad losses. but i bet he was told he would get a pass this year because of covid. the whole not having a spring and summer workouts to turn bo into a better player. now that same excuse is coming around on a recruiting article i just posted a few moments ago.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i would think the folks at auburn would look at his whole body of work. he has one outstanding year and one decent one to me and the rest of the time we have had losses other coaches would have won. bad losses. but i bet he was told he would get a pass this year because of covid. the whole not having a spring and summer workouts to turn bo into a better player. now that same excuse is coming around on a recruiting article i just posted a few moments ago.

And his decent year still had 4 losses

Archived