Malzahn: Better days coming soon for Auburn football

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

i nominate golf to fill in for me when i am benched for adversity..

Nah, you stay in and work through it.....šŸ˜ƒ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

every year it seems like he is putting out a different fire of some kind.

Most of his own creation....

ā€œSnakebitā€ is one or two years where the ball doesnā€™t bounce your way or you get hit by a rash of injuries. 8 years of ā€œsnakebitā€=incompetenceĀ 

So to paraphrase, the future is ā€œbrightā€!

Seems like weā€™ve heard this before and it just never quite comes true, so Gus will have to forgive me for not believing it this time Ā Ā 

Fool once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you!

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

ā€œNext year, I think itā€™s really set up. Iā€™m really excited about that. I think we are going to be right in the mix next year and end up being one of the most experienced teams coming back.

Yep, most will have a year experience. But when your recruiting especially on the OL is not up to par with the top tier teams in the league, how do you compete against them?(we have already seen some results this year)Ā Gus has recruited a Sun-Belt conf. OL, and he probably only has 1 or 2 that would start at Vandy or Moo State. I'm not even going to mention the Def. particularly the DL and LB. He can recruit and sign all the 4 & 5 star QB's, WR's, and DB's he desires, but without the LINES(and his atrocious play-calling at times)Ā to start off with we are going to continue to see the results of a Guster coached team until he is gone off the Plains. I don't give a rats arse how high his recruiting classes are or have been rated,Ā without filling the positions that he has neglected year after year such as the OL, Auburn is not winning to much of nothing in the future with Gus at the helm. I'll not go into the lack of player development.Ā 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Next year is NEVER the year for Gus. He has shown us time and time again.

Jokes on you, the future is bright!

They'll have a year of Gus experience. Gus experience and regular experience is two different deals. Gus experience should be measured in dog-years, only backwards.Ā 

Ā 

1 hour ago, AUFlyer99 said:

I figured Gus for a teetotaler. Ā  That interview proves he does imbibe. Ā 

His own kool-aid

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

His own kool-aid

Gus, the internal optimist.Ā 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

Gus, the internal optimist.Ā 

I have to admit, for him to be able to maintain that level of optimism year in and out in spite of the mountain of data pointing to the opposite, is admirable. Seriously, the level of focus and dedication necessary to ignore all of the glaring roster issues while simultaneously dismissing the mounting abject performance failures, is down right super human. I can't think of another coach that is skilled enough to pull it off...and he does it all with a smile. Truly impressive.

I mean honestly, at this point I'm not even mad at Gus. Talk is cheap, what he says has little to zero impact on anything. He has to say something to appease the masses as he somehow retains his job each year. It's our damn fault for not getting someone better.Ā 

9 hours ago, bigbird said:

I have to admit, for him to be able to maintain that level of optimism year in and out in spite of the mountain of data pointing to the opposite, is admirable. Seriously, the level of focus and dedication necessary to ignore all of the glaring roster issues while simultaneously dismissing the mounting abject performance failures, is down right super human. I can't think of another coach that is skilled enough to pull it off...and he does it all with a smile. Truly impressive.

Pathological opportunist or psychotic optimistĀ Ā 

5 minutes ago, chizhead said:

Pathological opportunist or psychotic optimistĀ Ā 

Delusions of grandeur or incapable of honest self-evaluation.

THANK GOD I GREW UP 15 MINUTES FROM CLEMSON!

Ā 

I'm an Auburn man through and through and want nothing but success and victory for Auburn and my Auburn FamilyĀ but not for Clemson these days I'd turn college football off entirely. Except Army/Navy week. GO ARMY BEAT NAVY. ;)

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Because he's allowed to do it. That's why..

12 hours ago, bigbird said:

Makes me think of simple Jack, then i see this...

AAA.jpg

aaa1.jpg

Experience counts, that's a fact. And having a full spring for Morris and Bicknell to teach the offensive skill players and line will be a big help. And Kevin Steele's young defense will be a year older, more seasoned and better as well. It could be a very good season come 2021.

War Eagle!

And then what? Back to 4 losses per year? He is what he is. This is the best moment for a new young coach to make a splash and get recruits excited.

1 hour ago, CleCoTiger said:

Experience counts, that's a fact. And having a full spring for Morris and Bicknell to teach the offensive skill players and line will be a big help. And Kevin Steele's young defense will be a year older, more seasoned and better as well. It could be a very good season come 2021.

War Eagle!

Ā 

21 minutes ago, AUBourne said:

And then what? Back to 4 losses per year? He is what he is. This is the best moment for a new young coach to make a splash and get recruits excited.

Ā 

The comments and the article were about next season. So were mine.

There is no article linked in your comments.. Even soĀ my comments were also about next year. I said so what? Winning 9 games next eason doesn't mean anything if Gus is coach. He is what he is. Even if he could talk recruits into ignoring the plight of other top recruits that signed at AU under Gus he still couldn't develop them.Ā 

6 minutes ago, CleCoTiger said:

The comments and the article were about next season. So were mine.

Ā 

Archived