Cost/Benefit of Gus

auburnphan

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Folks this is a $150 milllion a year business for AU and another $150 million for local businesses in AU. Now when you think about that does $21 million now versus what we could lose over the next year or two, does it sound like a really big number ?

18 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Folks this is a $150 milllion a year business for AU and another $150 million for local businesses in AU. Now when you think about that does $21 million now versus what we could lose over the next year or two, does it sound like a really big number ?

I still have no clue if Greene is a good AD or not.  I will have my answer 30 days from now.   No way he doesn't understand that keeping Gus is a much worse proposition in regards to the financial health of the program.  Like you've alluded, keeping Gus will cost a helluva lot more than $21 million to Auburn and the community.  That should be an easy sell while trying to get the buyout.  I know folks that are willing to pony up money to help with buyout and have emailed this to Greene.  I already know folks who have with held their yearly donations to the program, but would be glad to send it in now to help with buyout.  Myself included.  

19 hours ago, USATiger said:

I still have no clue if Greene is a good AD or not.  I will have my answer 30 days from now.   No way he doesn't understand that keeping Gus is a much worse proposition in regards to the financial health of the program.  Like you've alluded, keeping Gus will cost a helluva lot more than $21 million to Auburn and the community.  That should be an easy sell while trying to get the buyout.  I know folks that are willing to pony up money to help with buyout and have emailed this to Greene.  I already know folks who have with held their yearly donations to the program, but would be glad to send it in now to help with buyout.  Myself included.  

I agree but only when those others step up can Alan do his job. I’m not saying Alan is the problem he is just the front face we see. It really depends on those on the Board to step up and support him. I think this year outed to everyone that when you take in real teams like we played this year instead of regular years where we have up to 4 patsy teams that are guaranteed wins usually, then we see Gus is really a 50/50 winner. Not great and not acceptable at Auburn. When your first year is your best like Chizik or Gus and then downhill from there then my thought is you had a lucky first year. Gus needs to be gone now. So we have time by bowl season maybe to secure a good coach that can salvage recruiting and prepare us for a good year and building year next season. 

On 12/3/2020 at 12:51 AM, ToomersStreet said:

Gus has averaged 1.75 high school offensive linemen for the last 5 recruiting classes and currently only has two with the current class.  IMO 2022 will be Malzahns last season and it will be a disaster.  There will not be an o-line, and YES the next coach will have to rebuild that, and we will have to be patient.  Thank You Jay Jacobs

I have kept in the back of my head that JJ continues to haunt us.  Perhaps this was his AMF moment before he left.

I say we round up a posse, get a long rope and find us as short tree and get us some revenge!!

Archived