Defensive performance

Swamp Eagle

14 minutes ago, japantiger said:

Games under Saban in Tuscaloosa have been decided by Bama winning by an average of 25 points.  One of those is a one point Auburn win (10 years ago).  

The margin won't be that big this year. Doubtful our Tigers win, but they do make bama earn it. Like I said, the game will be decided by 14 or less. That's my position as an Auburn fan. 

6 hours ago, CleCoTiger said:

The margin won't be that big this year. Doubtful our Tigers win, but they do make bama earn it. Like I said, the game will be decided by 14 or less. That's my position as an Auburn fan. 

Oh, I get it. Now...what is your position as a cognitive thinker?

bama's o line is their MVP. Jones is a great QB, so was Tua. But nobody ever gets close to getting pressure on Mac. He has at least 6 seconds to find open receivers on each play. We barely get pressure against average o lines, much less an elite o line like Bama. Our only hope is Mac has an off game and we can somehow score with them like we did last year. Otherwise it's Blowout city.

14 hours ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Oh, I get it. Now...what is your position as a cognitive thinker?

I only engage in cognitive thinking when evaluating other teams. I'm an Auburn fan, and fan stands for fanatic. Fanatics aren't known for cognitive ability. (Seriously, as I always say, when it comes to AU I go with my heart and not my head. War Eagle!)

UAT's better in the trenches, they've established a solid run game and they have NFL 1st round WR's and a QB that gets them the ball.  Auburn absolutely must scored with them go neck and neck on the score board to even have a chance to win this game.  I simply don't see our defense slowing them down, so Chad better have a solid plan to score in the upper 50's.

On 11/22/2020 at 12:49 PM, CleCoTiger said:

I wish I had your confidence.  This will look worse than the ua/UK game Saturday.  If they can score 70, they will.

That is my position as an Auburn fan, unfortunately

The DBs have played really well as the season’s progressed.  Hopefully they can cause a couple problems for Mac.  Bama torched Auburn defensively last year so it’s going to take turnovers and more missed Fgs to keep this one competitive.

Archived