How important is the TN game?

gr82b4au

21 hours ago, DAG said:

. Let's see if he pulls a 64 (Where are you buddy?) and slides out of this one with the tricks!

Really though- what happened to that guy?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, DAG said:

Apparently you have mastered the art of deflection . Don’t snow flake out on me now. So you are saying Gus needs Auburn to close the deal? 

Every coach that's ever been here needed Auburn to close the deal. The reasons have been mentioned numerous times in the recruiting forum. Go, educate yourself. Return to the discussion when you have accomplished that.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Every coach that's ever been here needed Auburn to close the deal. The reasons have been mentioned numerous times in the recruiting forum. Go, educate yourself. Return to the discussion when you have accomplished that.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296be5db9b771a2aac65

That is so sad. Now you understand why folks want a coach who DOES NOT NEED THAT. I can tell you the elite coaches can flip players and recruit with the best even during Covid . Look at Ryan Day. Just flipped the #1 player in the nation and the big ten just got started. Educate yourself, return to reality when you acknowledge that. 

It’s been a well documented thing over the years that Auburn does better with recruiting when they visit campus, so I’m not sure why there’s an argument over this. Our beautiful campus and friendly atmosphere have changed the perception of many recruits over the years who thought wrongly about Auburn and the small town feel being a negative.

18 minutes ago, toddc said:

It’s been a well documented thing over the years that Auburn does better with recruiting when they visit campus, so I’m not sure why there’s an argument over this. Our beautiful campus and friendly atmosphere have changed the perception of many recruits over the years who thought wrongly about Auburn and the small town feel being a negative.

How do other schools do it then? Lol. Lame excuses. Gus needs the campus chik fil a to get those 5 star players huh? I am glad you guys are finally admitting the school makes the coach now. If I am paying a coach top dollar then he better be able to recruit even in a pandemic. Otherwise, why is he here? I mean how is Jeremy Pruitt doing it? How is Arkansas slightly behind us in recruiting ? ARKANSAS

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Every school recruits better when they can get recruits on campus. However, there are quite clearly coaches all around the country who can recruit based off of their own ability to sell themselves, their vision, their program, and their accomplishments. Do none of you realize that Clemson has the exact same "stigma" as Auburn? So much so that its moniker for years has been "Auburn with a Lake". Clemson, South Carolina is even smaller than Auburn - with a population of a whopping ~18,000. It is not a bustling urban metropolis with flash and excitement. They have historically faced the same requirement to win over recruits by getting them on campus...until Dabo Swinney came along. Their recruiting under COVID restrictions has not fallen off at all, because the head coach has established a culture and program that sells itself. Mario Cristobal is doing the exact same thing at Oregon with what is currently the 3rd rated recruiting class in the nation. Do you believe that elite football recruits are naturally drawn to Eugene, Oregon of all places? The city is most well known for its anarchist activity LMAO.

Now, that excuse would hold some validity for Malzahn if he were being paid $3 million a year, because the compensation would be in line with the results and thus expecting more would be unreasonable. But in reality, he is being paid a salary which stipulates that he should be able to recruit regardless of what outside parameters are present. Recruiting is half of the job at the college level: if you willingly accept a salary that comes with a certain expectation of performance, then you don't get to use this "oh but its hard to sell Auburn without getting recruits on campus" narrative. His salary dictates that he should be able to recruit even while blindfolded and with an arm tied behind his back. As DAG just pointed out, we are currently recruiting at the level of Arkansas. Their head coach makes less than 50% of Malzahn's current salary and this is his first season EVER as a Div-1 head coach. When has Arkansas ever recruiting to our level, historically? That should tell you all you need to know.

36 minutes ago, metafour said:

Every school recruits better when they can get recruits on campus. However, there are quite clearly coaches all around the country who can recruit based off of their own ability to sell themselves, their vision, their program, and their accomplishments. Do none of you realize that Clemson has the exact same "stigma" as Auburn? So much so that its moniker for years has been "Auburn with a Lake". Clemson, South Carolina is even smaller than Auburn - with a population of a whopping ~18,000. It is not a bustling urban metropolis with flash and excitement. They have historically faced the same requirement to win over recruits by getting them on campus...until Dabo Swinney came along. Their recruiting under COVID restrictions has not fallen off at all, because the head coach has established a culture and program that sells itself. Mario Cristobal is doing the exact same thing at Oregon with what is currently the 3rd rated recruiting class in the nation. Do you believe that elite football recruits are naturally drawn to Eugene, Oregon of all places? The city is most well known for its anarchist activity LMAO.

Now, that excuse would hold some validity for Malzahn if he were being paid $3 million a year, because the compensation would be in line with the results and thus expecting more would be unreasonable. But in reality, he is being paid a salary which stipulates that he should be able to recruit regardless of what outside parameters are present. Recruiting is half of the job at the college level: if you willingly accept a salary that comes with a certain expectation of performance, then you don't get to use this "oh but its hard to sell Auburn without getting recruits on campus" narrative. His salary dictates that he should be able to recruit even while blindfolded and with an arm tied behind his back. As DAG just pointed out, we are currently recruiting at the level of Arkansas. Their head coach makes less than 50% of Malzahn's current salary and this is his first season EVER as a Div-1 head coach. When has Arkansas ever recruiting to our level, historically? That should tell you all you need to know.

Don’t be surprised when you don’t get a response to this 

1 hour ago, metafour said:

I like this post to infinity ♾ 

I am beginning to worry some people might injure themselves with the genuflecting they do to make excuses for Gus’ various failures. I appreciate the brand loyalty but just, damn

3 hours ago, DAG said:

How do other schools do it then? Lol. Lame excuses. Gus needs the campus chik fil a to get those 5 star players huh? I am glad you guys are finally admitting the school makes the coach now. If I am paying a coach top dollar then he better be able to recruit even in a pandemic. Otherwise, why is he here? I mean how is Jeremy Pruitt doing it? How is Arkansas slightly behind us in recruiting ? ARKANSAS

We “do better” is not the same as saying “we have to have “ in order to recruit. CGM has been a really good recruiter over the years except missing on the oline. People on this forum have been saying this exact same thing for years (we do better when recruits can see the campus) and I’m agreeing with that. Recruiting hasn’t ended yet in case you missed that and we’ll see where we end up this year. You are just arguing for arguments sake because you know this has been the case in recruiting at Auburn for all our coaches, not just CGM. 

With two weeks to prepare for a weak Tennessee team that's looked terrible their last 4-5 games. There's no excuses, Gus an Auburn have to play terrific and role. Sure, UTK can compete, but Auburn should put them away. It shouldn't be a game late in 4th if they really have prepared for this lackluster program.

1 hour ago, toddc said:

We “do better” is not the same as saying “we have to have “ in order to recruit. CGM has been a really good recruiter over the years except missing on the oline. People on this forum have been saying this exact same thing for years (we do better when recruits can see the campus) and I’m agreeing with that. Recruiting hasn’t ended yet in case you missed that and we’ll see where we end up this year. You are just arguing for arguments sake because you know this has been the case in recruiting at Auburn for all our coaches, not just CGM. 

Let me ask you this again. How is it that Tennessee and Arkansas is recruiting at our level or better under the same circumstances then? And this time try to answer the question instead of repeating the same old tired line. Wouldn’t Arkansas be feeling this same issue, especially at Fayetteville? How the heck is he a really good recruiter of you are saying we “do better” when we recruits can visit? Shouldn’t someone who is a really good recruiter not be as affected by this situation? Yet, he is having one of his worst years and others are at the same or better. What gives ? Again, try to answer instead of repeating the same tired line. 

21 hours ago, DAG said:

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296be5db9b771a2aac65

That is so sad. Now you understand why folks want a coach who DOES NOT NEED THAT. I can tell you the elite coaches can flip players and recruit with the best even during Covid . Look at Ryan Day. Just flipped the #1 player in the nation and the big ten just got started. Educate yourself, return to reality when you acknowledge that. 

If you talking about that Qb. That kid flipped himself. Texas is all over the place, and far far worse than Auburn IMO. Ryan Day and tOSU was already on his list, they just had to seal it once he de-committed .

On 11/19/2020 at 11:32 PM, GwillMac6 said:

hmmm does not seen to be effecting our rivals much. But You are whining right now about the virus when the schools we compare ourselves to as the measuring stick are doing just fine.

BRUHHHH if we do not sign a HS OT in this class that will make 4 straight classes of doing so. BUT HEY! LETS JUST GO GET ANOTHER TIGHT END!! WOOO!!! We do not have enough of those yet.....

Just my opinion....but one of Auburn strong suits in recruiting is getting the kid to visit Auburn. Probably moreso than a lot of other SEC schools. Gus may or may not be the great salesman talker, ala Nick and Kirby.  So maybe he leans on the getting the kid to Auburn formula too much. Not making an excuse because he has to innovate like the others but I do see some validity in this. 

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

If you talking about that Qb. That kid flipped himself. Texas is all over the place, and far far worse than Auburn IMO. Ryan Day and tOSU was already on his list, they just had to seal it once he de-committed .

Yes but they sealed it without him coming to Columbus is my point. People are saying guys who aren’t even committed one way or another who is on our list have to come to Auburn for the deal to be sealed. I call that crap. Look at Tennessee right now. I should be seeing some of those battleground recruits flipping to us.

12 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Clowns arguing with clowns man it's crazy. Go in a game thread it's literally talk about everybody but don't say anything about the QB.......You literally can't talk objectively about the team on here anymore. It's crazy. 5 people at the most. 

This week somebody will make a dumb thread with an agenda, the person that actually talks from a football perspective will be jumped.....then when things play out everybody will forget about it and next week another dumb thread.

The most youcan get objectively in game threads is, we need to run hard, our defense is getting pushed around, and wait for the time an o line guy mess up so it can be said the o line sucks. Forget that most of the game the o line was decent of course. 

It was literally smoke is too slow our db's are horrible to yeah smoke!!!!

QB play is make a good throw....where are all of the Bo haters!!!!!! Then next play miss wide open read next play throw behind guy then you say Bo needs to get more consistent.......man people hate on Bo all the time! Now these are the same people that say the linebackers and secondary sucks mind you.....

You have guys who really think they can dictate and bully what can be discussed on this board. And the sad thing is these people aren't even well versed in football. Guys that really can explain stuff gets no play on here.

You might want to try this again after you sober up.

Just now, Mikey said:

You might want to try this again after you sober up.

You don't talk to me remember? I know you're very old so that can be problematic. 

Just now, cole256 said:

You don't talk to me remember? I know you're very old so that can be problematic. 

You are the one who quoted me. Again, come back when sobered up.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

You are the one who quoted me. Again, come back when sobered up.

Ahhh I did quote you..... My bad let me fix that. I don't drink. It's disgusting to me

On 11/20/2020 at 7:30 AM, McLoofus said:

Every. Single. Post.

Clowns GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Clowns arguing with clowns man it's crazy. Go in a game thread it's literally talk about everybody but don't say anything about the QB.......You literally can't talk objectively about the team on here anymore. It's crazy. 5 people at the most. 

This week somebody will make a dumb thread with an agenda, the person that actually talks from a football perspective will be jumped.....then when things play out everybody will forget about it and next week another dumb thread.

The most youcan get objectively in game threads is, we need to run hard, our defense is getting pushed around, and wait for the time an o line guy mess up so it can be said the o line sucks. Forget that most of the game the o line was decent of course. 

It was literally smoke is too slow our db's are horrible to yeah smoke!!!!

QB play is make a good throw....where are all of the Bo haters!!!!!! Then next play miss wide open read next play throw behind guy then you say Bo needs to get more consistent.......man people hate on Bo all the time! Now these are the same people that say the linebackers and secondary sucks mind you.....

You have guys who really think they can dictate and bully what can be discussed on this board. And the sad thing is these people aren't even well versed in football. Guys that really can explain stuff gets no play on here.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Yes but they sealed it without him coming to Columbus is my point. People are saying guys who aren’t even committed one way or another who is on our list have to come to Auburn for the deal to be sealed. I call that crap. Look at Tennessee right now. I should be seeing some of those battleground recruits flipping to us.

tOSU had been recruiting him. It’s possible he had been there before. He also considered Auburn and a few others. I also believe UT has recruiting tactics Auburn may not be willing to fully invest in...just my opinion.

Archived