How important is the TN game?

gr82b4au

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Well how do you believe in Auburn and our hype?

That would be called be bias. He also said he doesn’t think Texas A&M has a good QB yet look at his stats 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DAG said:

That would be called be bias. He also said he doesn’t think Texas A&M has a good QB yet look at his stats 

Yeah, it trips me outbecause they always post from such a perceived intellectual peak but it doesn't add up when you look at what they post. Like how can you really say that while telling everybody they are wrong to doubt Auburn? It's literally the same thing.

18 hours ago, Mikey said:

AU still scored 24 points. Now, if somebody was calling out our defensive sets I could understand giving up 30 points to a Tennessee team that scored 13 on Vandy, 14 on Charlotte and 17 on Mizzou. But, they hung 30 on AU. Overall a sad performance but the defense stunk it up as bad or worse than the offense did.

The entire team stunk that day but the offense turned the ball over three times and was directly responsible for 7 of those 30 points of UT with a fumble recovered for a TD, i.e. the defense surrendered 23 points which was enough for a win when it was all said and done. I wouldn’t say that the offense was  better than the defense in any fashion

On 11/17/2020 at 11:30 PM, Mikey said:

AU still scored 24 points. Now, if somebody was calling out our defensive sets I could understand giving up 30 points to a Tennessee team that scored 13 on Vandy, 14 on Charlotte and 17 on Mizzou. But, they hung 30 on AU. Overall a sad performance but the defense stunk it up as bad or worse than the offense did.

Offense committed 3 TO's that day, so neither offense or defense had a good showing in that game. 

Based on history between Pruitt/Malzhan I think we can say Pruitt knows how to scheme and defend Gus.  Hopefully NOT this Saturday.  

9 hours ago, keesler said:

Offense committed 3 TO's that day, so neither offense or defense had a good showing in that game. 

Based on history between Pruitt/Malzhan I think we can say Pruitt knows how to scheme and defend Gus.  Hopefully NOT this Saturday.  

So, if the offense does poorly it will be because Pruitt knows how to scheme Gus, and if the offense does great it will be because Morris is running the offense. ... Got it!

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

So, if the offense does poorly it will be because Pruitt knows how to scheme Gus, and if the offense does great it will be because Morris is running the offense. ... Got it!

OH MIKE MIKE MIIIIIIKE. How do you always find yourself in these situations man?! I mean I KNOW why! You have got to much Gus Fanboy in you. You just refuse to see what is right in front of you. A Jeremy Pruitt defense has gone against Gus 6 times since Pruitt became a DC. Gus is 1-5 in those games. He owns Gus just as much if not more than Kirby. A Gus offense has scored in those games : 31, 7, 13, 12, 26 and 24. Until Gus can prove otherwise Pruitt OWNS his ass. Hopefully that changes this weekend. It sure as hell should. But 2018 AU should of killed that terrible TN team but we did not. We lost at home........ SMH.

6 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

H MIKE MIKE MIIIIIIKE. How do you always find yourself in these situations man?

Because I can identify silliness when I see it and I'm not too shy to point it out. I like pointing out the fallacies of the Gus bashers and I do welcome the many opportunities to do so.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Because I can identify silliness when I see it and I'm not too shy to point it out. I like pointing out the fallacies of the Gus bashers and I do welcome the many opportunities to do so.

Gus bashers? bruhhhhh that is damn near everyone now. It is called the Auburn fanbase man. Open your eyes. The time to defend Gus is no more. He is done. It is just a matter of when the gun will be pointed his way at this point. Most likely 2021. Sadly I can even see 2022. But one way or another the man is done and there is not coming back from the abject failure and recruiting malpractice that has been done on the OL. We are setting ourselves up for a FSU like season on the OL soon.

12 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is called the Auburn fanbase man.

I call it a bunch of whiners and crybabies. The recruiting under Malzahn, overall, has been the best Auburn has ever had. This year is a disaster because moreso than other schools, AU needs to get the kids on campus and that's not happening due to the virus.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I call it a bunch of whiners and crybabies. The recruiting under Malzahn, overall, has been the best Auburn has ever had. This year is a disaster because moreso than other schools, AU needs to get the kids on campus and that's not happening due to the virus.

hmmm does not seen to be effecting our rivals much. But You are whining right now about the virus when the schools we compare ourselves to as the measuring stick are doing just fine.

BRUHHHH if we do not sign a HS OT in this class that will make 4 straight classes of doing so. BUT HEY! LETS JUST GO GET ANOTHER TIGHT END!! WOOO!!! We do not have enough of those yet.....

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I actually tend to agree with you for the most part. Recruiting is not the problem honestly. It is the wasting of said talent when they get on campus losing 4 games every year besides one that is the problem.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

I call it a bunch of whiners and crybabies. The recruiting under Malzahn, overall, has been the best Auburn has ever had. 

You don't see the problem with that statement?

Gus is recruiting better and winning at basically the all-time average of .667. Basically that's doing less with more. 

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

hmmm does not seen to be effecting our rivals much.

That's because AU, more than most, depends on getting the kids on campus. But you already know that, it's been mentioned and discussed time and again in the recruiting forum.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

That's because AU, more than most, depends on getting the kids on campus. But you already know that, it's been mentioned and discussed time and again in the recruiting forum.

Weak 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Weak 

No, real. I'm not going to post the reasons again, it's been hashed over enough already. In the unlikely event that you haven't seen this discussed before, just think about it. If you don't follow the recruiting forum, then maybe you should start.

Just now, Mikey said:

No, real. I'm not going to post the reasons again, it's been hashed over enough already. In the unlikely event that you haven't seen this discussed before, just think about it. If you don't follow the recruiting forum, then maybe you should start.

I do and I see how all of these other coaches have no problem getting players without using the excuse “we have to get them on Campus.” Weak. Lol

Just now, DAG said:

I do and I see how all of these other coaches have no problem getting players without using the excuse “we have to get them on Campus.” Weak. Lol

Well then, inform yourself.

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

But one way or another the man is done and there is not coming back from the abject failure and recruiting malpractice that has been done on the OL. We are setting ourselves up for a FSU like season on the OL soon.

I would say give it time with the OL recruiting.  I know you are rolling your eyes at that, but I like what Jack Bicknell, Jr. is doing with your guys on the development side.  Recruits need to see us developing who we have, and once we do that higher rated guys will come.  Bicknell, Jr. needs more than 5 months with our guys to be able to show the recruits what he can do with them.  We won't see results this year on the recruiting trail but the next cycle we should.

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Well then, inform yourself.

Using your logic now.

So you are saying Gus needs Auburn more than Auburn needs Gus to get recruits. Got it. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Using you logic now.

So you are saying Gus needs Auburn more than Auburn needs Gus to get recruits. Got it. 

I don't think he realizes he backed himself into a corner with that one. But yes, that is essentially exactly what his statement implies. If our head coach is as elite as Mikey makes him out to be, then why would recruits need to "see Auburn"? Tuscaloosa isn't by any definition a beautiful city - and yet Alabama's recruits sign there because of Nick Saban. Does anyone actually believe that those 5-stars are signing with Alabama because of the campus?  

This actually isn't a surprising outcome. When Malzahn was hired, he was NOT seen as an "elite recruiter" - and in fact that was going to be one of the biggest question marks with him, hence why the invisible hand pushed guys like Garner and D.Craig onto his staff. Now that we are seeing Malzahn recruit WITHOUT the physical element of Auburn itself, his recruiting is looking considerably more pedestrian. Hmmmm....

1 minute ago, metafour said:

I don't think he realizes he backed himself into a corner with that one. But yes, that is essentially exactly what his statement implies. If our head coach is as elite as Mikey makes him out to be, then why would recruits need to "see Auburn"? Tuscaloosa isn't by any definition a beautiful city - and yet Alabama's recruits sign there because of Nick Saban. Does anyone actually believe that those 5-stars are signing with Alabama because of the campus?  

This actually isn't a surprising outcome. When Malzahn was hired, he was NOT seen as an "elite recruiter" - and in fact that was going to be one of the biggest question marks with him, hence why the invisible hand pushed guys like Garner and D.Craig onto his staff. Now that we are seeing Malzahn recruit WITHOUT the physical element of Auburn itself, his recruiting is looking considerably more pedestrian. Hmmmm....

It is pretty telling tbh.  I don't see how other people don't see this or just plain excuse it. Don't sell Mikey short though. Let's see if he pulls a 64 (Where are you buddy?) and slides out of this one with the tricks!

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

Okay, Mikey, you know I've been as ardent a supporter of Malzahn as most anybody, but come on, man. The recruiting under Malzahn has been better overall, at least by the rankings, than it was under Tuberville, but before that, there aren't recruiting rankings to go by. If we go by draft picks, I'd be willing to bet Pat Dye paces Malzahn pretty heavily. Terry Bowden might get a nod, too, considering how many of Dye's players he was coaching.

What's more is that if we go by class ranking, Chizik outpaces Malzahn, as well. In the recruiting site era, we've had 3 finishes in the top 6, and two of them were under CGC.

I agree with your reasoning about why this season had such a bad start for us, at least if you're talking about missing spring practice and the struggles of fall camp with COVID going on. Of course, I also think that if we have success against Tennessee, it will be further evidence that Morris is actually in charge of the offense. And if Malzahn loses to UT, we may well be headed for the disaster that would sink Gus even amidst the COVID season. But that's just me.

14 hours ago, DAG said:

It is pretty telling tbh.  I don't see how other people don't see this or just plain excuse it. Don't sell Mikey short though. Let's see if he pulls a 64 (Where are you buddy?) and slides out of this one with the tricks!

Apparently you haven't been following the recruiting comments as well as you claim, or you'd know what has been discussed concerning recruits and their campus visits to AU.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Apparently you haven't been following the recruiting comments as well as you claim, or you'd know what has been discussed concerning recruits and their campus visits to AU.

Apparently you have mastered the art of deflection . Don’t snow flake out on me now. So you are saying Gus needs Auburn to close the deal? 

Archived