How important is the TN game?

gr82b4au

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How important is the Tennessee game? Well I'll put it this way. It won't look good for Malzahn if he loses to UT in 2018 and again this year.

This game has big implications for recruiting.  Jboy mentioned a couple names on his podcast from Sunday.  Didn't Auburn lose out on some guys during the summer to Tennessee?  The way things are going for them I'd say there is a good chance you could get some guys questioning their choice if Auburn could put a pounding on UT.

2 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

when this happen?

According to rivals the SEC was thinking about switching opponents to divisional games. Seems like it is too late, right? 

20 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

You are probably right but if he loses out, including a loss to ms st, it would be catastrophic for his career. 
I think this TN game could be a chance to prove to everyone, including recruits, that we have turned the corner. 

Beating a 2-4 UT team is evidence that Auburn has turned the corner? 

IMHO, if someone needs evidence of what this coaching staff can do all they have to do is look at the last 5 yrs to see what they are capable of achieving/underachieving. 😒

29 minutes ago, keesler said:

Beating a 2-4 UT team is evidence that Auburn has turned the corner? 

IMHO, if someone needs evidence of what this coaching staff can do all they have to do is look at the last 5 yrs to see what they are capable of achieving/underachieving. 😒

Just trying positivity for once. I have been hammering Gus and have wanted him fired for years so I thought I would give this a try. Haha seems like we are stuck with him. 

12 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Just trying positivity for once. I have been hammering Gus and have wanted him fired for years so I thought I would give this a try. Haha seems like we are stuck with him. 

I think we beat the s*** out of ut. If we don’t have to go without too many key players. 

Nothing would make Pruitt happier than to beat Auburn!   Their QB looked like Peyton Manning the last time they beat AU.  I remember so many third and longs and TN completing fade routes left and right.   

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I think a win means almost nothing but a loss means a whole lot. 

And that’s a helluva predicament to be in with a $49 million Head Coach.

3 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Nothing would make Pruitt happier than to beat Auburn!   Their QB looked like Peyton Manning the last time they beat AU.  I remember so many third and longs and TN completing fade routes left and right.   

Gus better hope that Chad doesn’t revert to Gus’ terminology this week.  

14 hours ago, aubaseball said:

In a perfect world, that would've been Gus' last game at Auburn.

5 hours ago, woodford said:

In a perfect world, that would've been Gus' last game at Auburn.

Especially when cameras panned over to Pruitt calling Auburn's offensive playcall's out to his defenders on the field.  That baldheaded goob read Gus like a book.:realmad:

On 11/15/2020 at 10:01 PM, AURex said:

Hey, I actually live in Knoxville. I am completely surrounded by UT fans. Do I hope Auburn wins? YES! OF COURSE!

Do I think it makes any difference? Um, NOPE!

Auburn will not fire Malzahn for the same reason Michigan will not fire Harbaugh.

Just let the contract run out. No extensions. No buyout. Use tghe next 14 months to do your search for a new head coach. Goodbye GM with no loss.

I have the same fate of living in Knoxville surrounded by the putrid Big Orange.  I dread going into work the Monday following a loss to UT.  It's because of having to listen to the UT fans after a loss I almost dread this game more then most others...

On 11/16/2020 at 9:56 AM, woodford said:

I respect that. Personally, I don't think Auburn can beat a team that beat Florida, but we have had TAMU's number lately. I'm hesitant to think that AU will bounce back after getting clobbered by Alabama.

I think that was more a case of UF underperforming. I’m just not sold on the TAMU hype. I don’t think they have a QB, and I don’t think Jimbo Fisher is a good coach. They’re going to have to win more than 1 game against a good opponent for me to buy the hype. If the team really has gotten better and continues to do so, I think we’ll handle TAMU.

8 hours ago, keesler said:

Especially when cameras panned over to Pruitt calling Auburn's offensive playcall's out to his defenders on the field.  That baldheaded goob read Gus like a book.:realmad:

AU still scored 24 points. Now, if somebody was calling out our defensive sets I could understand giving up 30 points to a Tennessee team that scored 13 on Vandy, 14 on Charlotte and 17 on Mizzou. But, they hung 30 on AU. Overall a sad performance but the defense stunk it up as bad or worse than the offense did.

22 hours ago, AUFriction said:

I think that was more a case of UF underperforming. I’m just not sold on the TAMU hype. I don’t think they have a QB, and I don’t think Jimbo Fisher is a good coach. They’re going to have to win more than 1 game against a good opponent for me to buy the hype. If the team really has gotten better and continues to do so, I think we’ll handle TAMU.

Well how do you believe in Auburn and our hype?

Archived