The strange “reality” of Trump World

TexasTiger

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

"Free stuff" is a code phrase that means "I don't want to see anyone get something that is unavailable to me or that I had to pay for in the past".   Waaaaaaah!

Never mind that it's policy designed for the general benefit of the country (everyone) and is available to everyone.

For Trump and MAGAs it always comes down to one thing:  what's in it for me?

Rather spend $1000 on themselves than get the same thing for half the price if it helps someone else. 

Insanely expensive private school, insanely expensive private insurance, insanely expensive car payments instead of funding more public transit and using it... yeah... doesn't make much sense to me. I'd rather just pay a little more in taxes and not have to worry about all that. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Antifa/Biden website? Huh?

And yeah, that was the joke. Mikey is as predictable as Gus Malzahn calling plays. 

Go to antifa.com and it redirects you to Biden’s website. Two websites I don’t see Mikey wanting to visit. 

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Go to antifa.com and it redirects you to Biden’s website. Two websites I don’t see Mikey wanting to visit. 

Would love to know who antifa.com is registered to. But I bet they spend more time on Parler than they do on antifa.com. 

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Would love to know who antifa.com is registered to. But I bet they spend more time on Parler than they do on antifa.com. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/us/elections/visitors-to-antifacom-are-redirected-to-bidens-website-his-campaign-is-not-happy.amp.html

This idea that the two are tied together because of their website re-direction was shot down a while ago. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/09/02/us/elections/visitors-to-antifacom-are-redirected-to-bidens-website-his-campaign-is-not-happy.amp.html

This idea that the two are tied together because of their website re-direction was shot down a while ago. 

Besides, Antifa, Inc., the very formal group that exists and has a name and has members and stuff, is much too busy murdering people and burning down cities and, wait a second, was it the Antifa Armed Services in that spaceship over the White House in that Will Smith movie oh wait now it's really making sense I'm going to find the contact information for their Board of Directors on their website and get some answers, and I'm going to demand that they be sent to me on Antifa letterhead

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Parler is the new Twitter right? Lol 

I can’t keep up. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Rather spend $1000 on themselves than get the same thing for half the price if it helps someone else. 

Insanely expensive private school, insanely expensive private insurance, insanely expensive car payments instead of funding more public transit and using it... yeah... doesn't make much sense to me. I'd rather just pay a little more in taxes and not have to worry about all that. 

More specific to Biden’s plan are you fine will paying higher taxes to send other people’s kids to college for free? What about a family that pays those higher taxes and say makes $126,000 and their kids don’t get a free 4 year ride but their neighbors do that make $125,000? Pretty sure one of those families will think it’s unfair and the other think it’s the greatest thing in the world. 

Just now, wdefromtx said:

More specific to Biden’s plan are you fine will paying higher taxes to send other people’s kids to college for free? What about a family that pays those higher taxes and say makes $126,000 and their kids don’t get a free 4 year ride but their neighbors do that make $125,000? Pretty sure one of those families will think it’s unfair and the other think it’s the greatest thing in the world. 

You can be sure about whatever you want to be sure about. Just know that you can be sure and be very wrong at the same time.

I'm well aware of how taxes work. And yes. I am happy to pay my fair share of taxes. And yes, I fall in the >$125k household bracket. I would really love to help the less fortunate become more fortunate because that is how staying educated, safe and healthy in this country becomes not only possible but less expensive for everyone. 

Biden's plan is a step forward. Once the buy-in is there, we take another step forward. It's called progress. I'm happy to be part of it even if I don't get the immediate rewards. 

Shame to see you make assumptions about other people just because of how you look at things.  

30 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Actually "straw men" don't think at all. :rolleyes:

And if you are going to toss in words like "specific" in the context of "Biden's plan" you need to provide some specific references, not imaginary, straw man scenarios.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You can be sure about whatever you want to be sure about. Just know that you can be sure and be very wrong at the same time.

I'm well aware of how taxes work. And yes. I am happy to pay my fair share of taxes. And yes, I fall in the >$125k household bracket. I would really love to help the less fortunate become more fortunate because that is how staying educated, safe and healthy in this country becomes not only possible but less expensive for everyone. 

Biden's plan is a step forward. Once the buy-in is there, we take another step forward. It's called progress. I'm happy to be part of it even if I don't get the immediate rewards. 

Shame to see you make assumptions about other people just because of how you look at things.  

WTH are you talking about with me being sure about things? I asked you a question, actually two questions to see how you felt about something. That isn’t making assumptions, that’s asking for what you you think. So get off your high horse trying to act all mighty and shame someone. 

So do you expect the scenario I presented and think everyone feels the same way you do? Or would the one family just barely excluded be justified to feel upset or mad about not getting to have their kids a free ride? With regard to Biden’s (or anyone’s platform with such proposals) this would happen to many families. I’m sure some one say it’s ok, it’s for the greater good and some would be upset about it. And both sides have valid reasons for feeling the way they do. 

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

WTH are you talking about with me being sure about things? I asked you a question, actually two questions to see how you felt about something. That isn’t making assumptions, that’s asking for what you you think. So get off your high horse trying to act all mighty and shame someone. 

So do you expect the scenario I presented and think everyone feels the same way you do? Or would the one family just barely excluded be justified to feel upset or mad about not getting to have their kids a free ride? With regard to Biden’s (or anyone’s platform with such proposals) this would happen to many families. I’m sure some one say it’s ok, it’s for the greater good and some would be upset about it. And both sides have valid reasons for feeling the way they do. 

LOL! :laugh:

There's no doubt the world is full of selfish people who are adverse to contributing to the welfare of our society as a whole if it costs them anything -  even if that contribution generally benefits them indirectly as well. 

Look in a mirror for an example.

You are no different that those who feel entitled to a government voucher for sending their kids to a private school.

20 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Actually "straw men" don't think at all. :rolleyes:

And if you are going to toss in words like "specific" in the context of "Biden's plan" you need to provide some specific references, not imaginary, straw man scenarios.

Hell you don’t even know Biden’s platform so you really wouldn’t know how specific I need to be be would you? 

Make public colleges and universities tuition-free for all families with incomes below $125,000.”

Did you want me to get a family name for you? An address to show they are neighbors? Their tax returns? Maybe throw trumps in their as well for you? 

If you read his plan you’d realize that I’m just about as specific as his. 

On 11/12/2020 at 3:21 PM, wdefromtx said:

Hell you don’t even know Biden’s platform so you really wouldn’t know how specific I need to be be would you? 

Make public colleges and universities tuition-free for all families with incomes below $125,000.”

Did you want me to get a family name for you? An address to show they are neighbors? Their tax returns? Maybe throw trumps in their as well for you? 

If you read his plan you’d realize that I’m just about as specific as his. 

So show me where it says taxes will be raised on people making $126,000 to pay for it?  :dunno:

31 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I suggest you go back and reread how you phrased it the first time. 

17 minutes ago, homersapien said:

LOL! :laugh:

There's no doubt the world is full of selfish people who are adverse to contributing to the welfare of our society as a whole if it costs them anything -  even if that contribution generally benefits them indirectly as well. 

Look in a mirror for an example.

Thankfully you didn’t procreate.

I look at myself in the mirror everyday, I have no problem with a little sacrifice to benefit others. I’m blessed, I make a helluva good income and pay a crap ton of taxes. But, I do know there would be a lot of families that do believe in helping less fortunate ones that would be upset if they were right at that cutoff line. You act like that person or family would be so evil to feel that way. I can see both sides to that coin. 

18 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Thankfully you didn’t procreate.

I look at myself in the mirror everyday, I have no problem with a little sacrifice to benefit others. I’m blessed, I make a helluva good income and pay a crap ton of taxes. But, I do know there would be a lot of families that do believe in helping less fortunate ones that would be upset if they were right at that cutoff line. You act like that person or family would be so evil to feel that way. I can see both sides to that coin. 

And that's exactly the problem we have as a country regarding polarization of wealth:  People making in excess of $400k resent paying a more taxes - even when those taxes help the country as a whole, including them - by allowing poor or less privileged people the opportunity to better themselves with education.  The resulting productivity fueled by education benefits us all, including the wealthy.

You are a small-minded, self-centered person.  It's no wonder you are a MAGA.

And you are undoubtedly raising your children in your image.  That's a shame for everyone's future, including theirs.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I suggest you go back and reread how you phrased it the first time. 

Yeah, I asked you if you are fine with paying higher taxes for other families kids college and then immediately presented a scenario with two families with a $1,000 difference in income and  how would one expect they might feel. Your position on it is admirable, but put yourself in the scenario I presented. You may not feel like you’re getting “hosed,” but just because someone would doesn’t make them selfish or bad as you and Homer try to lump everyone into.

Two questions, no assumptions about you or your situation. 

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Yeah, I asked you if you are fine with paying higher taxes for other families kids college and then immediately presented a scenario with two families with a $1,000 difference in income and  how would one expect they might feel. Your position on it is admirable, but put yourself in the scenario I presented. You may not feel like you’re getting “hosed,” but just because someone would doesn’t make them selfish or bad as you and Homer try to lump everyone into.

Two questions, no assumptions about you or your situation. 

You still either misunderstand or misrepresent your own words. Done here.

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

And that's exactly the problem we have as a country regarding polarization of wealth.

People making in excess of $400k resent paying a more taxes - even when those taxes help the country as a whole, including them - by allowing poor or less privileged people the opportunity to better themselves with education.  The resulting productivity makes  all of us wealthier.

You are a small-minded self-centered person.  No wonder you are a MAGA.

You are undoubtedly raising your children in your image.  That's a shame for everyone's future, including theirs.

Are you really this dense? At what point did I say I was against any or all of this? In fact I chimed in because everyone was saying Biden doesn’t want free stuff and I said otherwise since you obviously can’t remember things anymore or don’t even bother to look on your guys website. I point out facts and it makes me a maga? I should have known that would be a response since I know that’s typical left wing psycho rhetoric. 

I’ve only said how I can see that one family could be upset if they were at the cutoff. And you must be way out of touch if you think $125K is poor or underprivileged. 

In fact, I don’t have a problem with the taxing. The difference between you and I is that I am not gullible like you and think that only the super wealthy get the brunt of the taxation. One day maybe you will pull your head out of the sand and see that the super wealthy (both parties) weasel their way out of such taxes and ultimately it’s the middle class who gets screwed over. When Dems say tax the rich what happens is the middle class sees higher taxes and when the Republicans say lower taxes what happens is the middle class sees higher taxes. 

So to answer your question about the taxes on the $126K income, I don’t care what party you like it isn’t ever going to come from the wealthy. The real trickle down economics is the trickle down of higher taxes. 

I’ve got a friend who bought the new iPhone 12 and it doesn’t come with a charger or cable. He thought it was great because Apple is pushing it as “Eco friendly, or reducing the carbon footprint.” Then as we were talking he started to order a new adapter and cable from Amazon. He got mad when I told him I am all for reducing global warming, but pointed out that the “eco friendly” iPhone was more or less a bill of goods he got sold. Apple has no intention of saving the planet. They knew they could market something as such and they’d have gullible folks buy it and also have to still get a charger. All in the name of money. If they really wanted to do good, that plant where they manufacture the phones wouldn’t be in China where there are no virtually no regulations. This is simply  how you and many others fall to the fake promises from your cult leaders whether that is Biden or Trump. So before you try to call someone else small minded you seriously need to open your eyes to the reality of what really happens. 

But if being skeptical of politicians and being able to do my own research on candidates and more importantly remember what I’ve learned makes me a maga, that I suppose that’s a hell of a lot better than whatever the hell you are. 

55 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You still either misunderstand or misrepresent your own words. Done here.

You made the inference, not me and I can’t help you with that so yeah, I guess we are done here if you can’t answer a simple question. 

7 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I would really love to help the less fortunate

Do it. Lot's of opportunities out there.

13 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I would really love to help the less fortunate become more fortunate

PM me and I'll get you my address. 

16 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Are you really this dense? At what point did I say I was against any or all of this? In fact I chimed in because everyone was saying Biden doesn’t want free stuff and I said otherwise since you obviously can’t remember things anymore or don’t even bother to look on your guys website. I point out facts and it makes me a maga? I should have known that would be a response since I know that’s typical left wing psycho rhetoric. 

I’ve only said how I can see that one family could be upset if they were at the cutoff. And you must be way out of touch if you think $125K is poor or underprivileged. 

In fact, I don’t have a problem with the taxing. The difference between you and I is that I am not gullible like you and think that only the super wealthy get the brunt of the taxation. One day maybe you will pull your head out of the sand and see that the super wealthy (both parties) weasel their way out of such taxes and ultimately it’s the middle class who gets screwed over. When Dems say tax the rich what happens is the middle class sees higher taxes and when the Republicans say lower taxes what happens is the middle class sees higher taxes. 

So to answer your question about the taxes on the $126K income, I don’t care what party you like it isn’t ever going to come from the wealthy. The real trickle down economics is the trickle down of higher taxes. 

I’ve got a friend who bought the new iPhone 12 and it doesn’t come with a charger or cable. He thought it was great because Apple is pushing it as “Eco friendly, or reducing the carbon footprint.” Then as we were talking he started to order a new adapter and cable from Amazon. He got mad when I told him I am all for reducing global warming, but pointed out that the “eco friendly” iPhone was more or less a bill of goods he got sold. Apple has no intention of saving the planet. They knew they could market something as such and they’d have gullible folks buy it and also have to still get a charger. All in the name of money. If they really wanted to do good, that plant where they manufacture the phones wouldn’t be in China where there are no virtually no regulations. This is simply  how you and many others fall to the fake promises from your cult leaders whether that is Biden or Trump. So before you try to call someone else small minded you seriously need to open your eyes to the reality of what really happens. 

But if being skeptical of politicians and being able to do my own research on candidates and more importantly remember what I’ve learned makes me a maga, that I suppose that’s a hell of a lot better than whatever the hell you are. 

It's really a shame you procreated. <_<

Archived