Flomaton Police captain placed on administrative leave after “put a bullet in their skull” comment about elections

aubiefifty

cbs42.com

Flomaton Police captain placed on administrative leave, could be fired after “put a bullet in their skull” comment about elections

by WHNT / Nov 6, 2020

by: Chris Best

Posted: / Updated:

UPDATE: Captain Scott Walden has been placed on administrative leave and “the internal investigation could and may be pending termination,” according to Chief Charles Thompson. 

FLOMATON, Al. (WKRG) — A Flomaton police captain is defending himself after social media posts that called to “put a bullet in their skull” in response to political posts on Facebook. Captain Scott Walden says he was referring to people who commit treason, not “liberal democrats.” In the original post, Walden commented on a post from another person who said that people who voted for Biden were idiots who voted to “throw the country away.” In his comment, he wrote, “they need to line up ev1 of them and put a bullet in their skull for treason.”

Inkedflomaton_LI.jpg

In a separate post on his personal page Walden said he was not calling for violence against “liberal democrats,” but punishment for traitors:

“Well apparently someone, and I know who you are as well as the others jumping on the “ gonna get them fired “ train is circulating a comment I made about TREASON. The comment even says TREASON but someone has run rampant saying I was meaning liberal n Democrats. Well #1 I don’t care who you vote for, #2 the comment was about treason and what should happen to the ones who are charged for committing treason . So either you trying to stir the pot or you are ok with someone committing treason but not ok with someone who says they should be shot. This is the world we live in.”

walden-respnse.png

The Flomaton Police Chief, Charles Thomson, posted on the department’s Facebook page that the statements are under investigation.

123583436_1270018913331859_2385916092769

LATEST STORIES:

That wasn't to bright. Police captain...hmmmm more like Barney from Mayberry.

20 hours ago, creed said:

That wasn't to bright. Police captain...hmmmm more like Barney from Mayberry.

you have crossed the line buddy....never ever diss the barn.................he always ended up doing the right thing.

Archived