Election Day

AUDub

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Fox is afraid if they do, Trump will buy OANN and all their looney viewers will jump ship.

That's probably already going to happen, and most of the FOX editorial side probably goes over there. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

So they’ll be forced to have integrity?

Maybe not.  Reports already coming out that Fox anchors are being instructed to not call Biden "President-Elect" even after they project 270+.

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

Maybe not.  Reports already coming out that Fox anchors are being instructed to not call Biden "President-Elect" even after they project 270+.

I imagine Wallace will defy that instruction. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

Chuck Todd from NBC saying they won't call the state until 99.5% of the vote is in, making it a mathematical impossibility for Trump to win it.

Pansies. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I think this is probably the point Trump's inner circle is probably trying to get through to him now.  He has no cards left.  Even if he somehow flips NV and AZ back in his favor.  Even if he were to win a recount in GA.  He's done.  There's no path without PA and if Biden is winning without the one 'challengeable' set of ballots even being in the mix, he's lost.

First post-mortem. People absolutely must quit bagging on Nate Silver. His model did exactly as it should have.

Silver: "Biden’s favored in our final presidential forecast, but it’s a fine line between a landslide and a nail-biter. Trump could still win, but Biden's lead can probably survive a significant polling error."

The masses: "OMG NATE SILVER SAYS BIDEN IS GOING TO GET 400+ EC VOTES!"

[Significant polling error, Biden still wins]

The masses: "OMG NATE BRONZE GET A NEW JOB"

He's basically the personification of "did you actually read the article?"

Not matter how you slice it, his model still got 49/51 (as of right now) correct. In fact this exact scenario was there:

Tv1hj0o.jpg

I get that people want clear, concise answers on pretty much everything. That's human nature. But Silver doesn't deal in that. Probability is a messy thing. 

8 minutes ago, AUDub said:

First post-mortem. People absolutely must quit bagging on Nate Silver. His model did exactly as it should have.

Silver: "Biden’s favored in our final presidential forecast, but it’s a fine line between a landslide and a nail-biter. Trump could still win, but Biden's lead can probably survive a significant polling error."

The masses: "OMG NATE SILVER SAYS BIDEN IS GOING TO GET 400+ EC VOTES!"

[Significant polling error, Biden still wins]

The masses: "OMG NATE BRONZE GET A NEW JOB"

He's basically the personification of "did you actually read the article?"

Not matter how you slice it, his model still got 49/51 (as of right now) correct. In fact this exact scenario was there:

Tv1hj0o.jpg

I get that people want clear, concise answers on pretty much everything. That's human nature. But Silver doesn't deal in that. Probability is a messy thing. 

Nate was talking his s*** on Twitter and it was good to see. You guys have converted me. 

Dems need to shut up and start listening to Latinos. I've learned a ton in the last 48 hours myself. I never claim to be woke, but I am unwoke AF on that one. First step is understanding that it's not just one group of people. There is no "the Latino vote".

Not sure the exact strategy to shed the coastal elite image, but it needs to happen. The party can be socially progressive and champion the working class (including straight, Christian whites) at the same time. 

That's all I got. 

I just hope they call this soon so Nate can get some damn sleep. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

That woman needs to be running the DNC by 2022. 

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

God he looks like a zombie right now

Coffee can only do so much. 

Archived