Election Day

AUDub

27 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Birmingham is starting to sort of catch up on food, thankfully. 

I actually almost mentioned Bham, which I missed when I moved to Atlanta, and to which I'm finding some similarities in Savannah. Sooooooo many mom-and-pop places with perfectly made whatever at an affordable price. And you can park, and walk in, and get a table, and it's no big deal. Not nearly as many places like that in Atlanta- at least not in the city proper- and the ones there are always seem to be super packed. 

I would say your bang for the buck in Bham or Savannah is better than in Atlanta, unless you're looking for ethnic or high end, progressive cuisine. More is not always better. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Any validity to this or the votes that would be cast?

Possibly resulting from the sweep that the USPS (Trump's handpuppet postmaster general) initially failed to perform?

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Possibly resulting from the sweep that the USPS (Trump's handpuppet postmaster general) initially failed to perform?

I’m not sure I totally understand what happened there. Hasn’t really been on the front page. 

Just now, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m not sure I totally understand what happened there. Hasn’t really been on the front page. 

Real quick, evidently the postmarked date doesn't matter in GA. Only the delivery date. So technically these votes wouldn't be counted, but who knows. 

As for the USPS sweep, they were ordered to, I guess, go around their facilities collecting undelivered mail-in ballots. They failed to comply. DeJoy is likely in very deep doodoo. Hopefully prison. I mean, he's a trump guy, so prison seems the likely outcome based on a 4-yr trend. 

CNN kills me with these key race alerts. Like stop alerting us for minimal results. Breaking news 1000 ballots have been counted out of 250k. Biden has went up .00001% points now. It's narrowing.  

Jeez

23 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Real quick, evidently the postmarked date doesn't matter in GA. Only the delivery date. So technically these votes wouldn't be counted, but who knows. 

As for the USPS sweep, they were ordered to, I guess, go around their facilities collecting undelivered mail-in ballots. They failed to comply. DeJoy is likely in very deep doodoo. Hopefully prison. I mean, he's a trump guy, so prison seems the likely outcome based on a 4-yr trend. 

If accurate that these showed up late, I could see the court forcing them to count the votes.  The judge overseeing the USPS case was pissed that they defied his order.  There's a legit obstruction argument to be made.

Update from GA.  50,401 votes left to be counted.

Biden trails by about 13,600.

He would need roughly 65% of the outstanding vote to overtake Trump, which is highly possible.

Going to be so close there.

22 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Update from GA.  50,401 votes left to be counted.

Biden trails by about 13,600.

He would need roughly 65% of the outstanding vote to overtake Trump, which is highly possible.

Going to be so close there.

Not going to be close. I bet he overtakes without issue. I have been checking it with the downloadable data. It is curtains for certain. LOL 

By the way ... the Senate is not done yet ... based on how Georgia votes are coming in, Ossoff and Purdue are heading to a runoff.  Which mean there will be 2 runoffs in GA to determine the control of the Senate.  Dems need both (and the Presidency) to take full control.

1 minute ago, wdefromtx said:

Not going to be close. I bet he overtakes without issue. I have been checking it with the downloadable data. It is curtains for certain. LOL 

It will be close but you'd much rather be Biden. 

Just now, RunInRed said:

By the way ... the Senate is not done yet ... based on how Georgia votes are coming in, Ossoff and Purdue are heading to a runoff.  Which mean there will be 2 runoffs in GA to determine the control of the Senate.  Dems need both (and the Presidency) to take full control.

Yep. Get ready for the craziest senate election ever. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Anything solid out of PA lately? Anyone care to offer gut feel opinion? 

Their SoS said there’s 500k left and they hope to be done by the end of the day. Biden down like 113k but still looking good in terms of ratios. 

9 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Still can't stand her, but she nailed him on this four years ago:

I don't say this to be combative, but literally not a single person should have needed Hillary to tell them this. 

There's some comfort in what's happening now because it's the first thing to happen this year that we actually saw coming, lol.

18 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Still can't stand her, but she nailed him on this four years ago:

If any one pol has seen their reputation rehabilitated in this mess, it's her lol. 

Trump lawsuits are getting chucked out of court left and right. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Trump lawsuits are getting chucked out of court left and right. 

He's used to the business world where you can overwhelm a less-moneyed opponents with a flood of legal actions that they don't have the manpower or money to keep up with.  That's not how it works in this arena.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

He's used to the business world where you can overwhelm a less-moneyed opponents with a flood of legal actions that they don't have the manpower or money to keep up with.  That's not how it works in this arena.

Isn’t his campaign out of money anyway?

2 hours ago, DAG said:

CNN kills me with these key race alerts. Like stop alerting us for minimal results. Breaking news 1000 ballots have been counted out of 250k. Biden has went up .00001% points now. It's narrowing.  

Jeez

Archived