Election Day

AUDub

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

The bible got it wrong about Megiddo, it's actually going to be in Allegheny county instead. 😂

Just save Primanti Bros while people take down Allegheny.  I need my damn sandwich!

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AUFriction said:

The Libertarian Party really hoses themselves with their primary rules. By rule, whomever comes in second is automatically the running mate. Jorgensen was a decent candidate, but she got paired up with a guy that is best described as a professional internet troll. 

Trump was on her ticket too? 

Trump better hope there's a few more votes in friendly counties because Biden is favored to take the lead at this rate. . 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

No.  Perot got nearly 20% of the vote nationwide.  That's a really different scenario than JJ's roughly 1 percent.

I agree that he didn't claim the numbers that Perot got, but the effect of his presence, like Perot's, has played a role in making the races break one way or the other.

1% in any of those 5 or 6 would be a huge help for either of the candidates right now. 

The Libertarian Party really hoses themselves with their primary rules. By rule, whomever comes in second is automatically the running mate. Jorgensen was a decent candidate, but she got paired up with a guy that is best described as a professional internet troll. 

To me, as someone who has voted Libertarian before, the party's biggest issue is that it doesn't know what it wants to be.  Remember in 2016, a dude who was running for the nomination showed up to the convention naked and spouting off some crazy stuff.  Want to be taken seriously?  Act like serious folks.

Just save Primanti Bros while people take down Allegheny.  I need my damn sandwich!

tenor.gif

Voted Libertarian in every presidential election in which I've participated.

Until yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

To me, as someone who has voted Libertarian before, the party's biggest issue is that it doesn't know what it wants to be.  Remember in 2016, a dude who was running for the nomination showed up to the convention naked and spouting off some crazy stuff.  Want to be taken seriously?  Act like serious folks.

If they were smart, in 2024 they'd try to find a split ticket of coherent moderates to try to legitimately run a 3rd party.

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Voted Libertarian in every presidential election in which I've participated.

Until yesterday. 

I can say I've never voted for a libertarian

Until a couple weeks ago.

Biden is in very good shape in GA. 

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

It's the biggest story that I feel like no one is talking about enough.

Yah no doubt 

Now I m going to play among us for an hour until they finish counting. 

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

If they were smart, in 2024 they'd try to find a split ticket of coherent moderates to try to legitimately run a 3rd party.

@Brad_ATX, any party that would run a split ticket of moderates would win in a landslide, IMO. What do you think?

Something like a Crenshaw/Gottenheimer ticket.

Just now, bigbird said:

@Brad_ATX, any party that would run a split ticket of moderates would win in a landslide, IMO. What do you think?

I would love to think so, but it has to be one of the major parties.  Too many road blocks for a 3rd party to get in there.

@AUDub, what would you think of a ticket like that?

4 minutes ago, bigbird said:

28 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I would love to think so, but it has to be one of the major parties.  Too many road blocks for a 3rd party to get in there.

Not to mention the system corruption. While third parties aren’t banned, the major parties sure love to leave them out of debates. Gary Johnson was far from a perfect candidate in 2016, but he would’ve dominated against Trump and Hilary in those debates. 

36 minutes ago, bigbird said:

@AUDub, what would you think of a ticket like that?

Realize a lot of you aren't as online as I am, but I'm putting this bluntly.

Crenshaw is a ****head. 

11 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Not to mention the system corruption. While third parties aren’t banned, the major parties sure love to leave them out of debates. Gary Johnson was far from a perfect candidate in 2016, but he would’ve dominated against Trump and Hilary in those debates. 

Uhhhhh

Biden further closes the gap

That being said, they're still going to be counting tomorrow. Time for sleep. You won't miss too much. 

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Uhhhhh

???

If you are referring to the Aleppo incident, that was so pointless. Most of America didn’t know where that was  or why it was significant until after he flubbed the question. And, quite frankly, I was fine with him asking. As a leader, you are never going to have all the info. His background was being a governor. As governor, you have little involvement in foreign policy. Presidents rely on advisors a lot. Had he managed to get elected and he needed to know something about that, he would’ve been briefed. The other two candidates had similar circumstances with other topics, and they just dodged the questions by twisting the question into something they wanted to talk about, which sends the wrong message.

???

If you are referring to the Aleppo incident, that was so pointless. Most of America didn’t know where that was  or why it was significant until after he flubbed the question.

I, a foreign policy layman, knew, and that alone was a disqualifier for me.

Sorry, man. The LP doesn't take s*** seriously enough to do basic homework. I will not vote for them in a serious election until they do. 

7 hours ago, bigbird said:

First, I'm not saying it will or won't happen. But could y'all imagine the circus that would kick off.

Imagine, just for now (yes, I know they are tightening and breaking Biden's way), but if Trump held onto GA and NC while Biden takes NV, WI, and MI. That would put them both at 259 with only PA left.  Good Lord! Personally, I'd want no part of counting any votes in PA in that scenario.

You haven't been imagining (assuming) a circus this entire time?

12 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Accepted, I understand your passion. War Damn Eagle. 

i forgot to add i was super mad at someone else and not you.

Georgia is going to resume counting this morning. Trump's lead stands at 18,000.

I think Biden passes him this evening. 

Archived