Election Day

AUDub

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

But we're specifically talking about what a social media platform should do and whether they have been fair.  Not what you think he may have said in a debate or on the campaign trail.  Twitter has zero control over such things.  Can you point to anything Biden or Harris have posted on their social media accounts that rises even close to the level of lying that Trump just did last night, and the owner of the platform failed to factcheck it?

That's what you're talking about. I'm simply tired of the attempts made by social media and the MSM to suppress voices and information. It's not as simple as the two men Trump and Biden.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think we can all agree that America was the loser last night no matter the declared winner as this is embarrassing for our country.

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Keep saying this whether it's true or not. It dulls the heartburn. Seriously.

I'm standing to win about $100 on this election thanks to betting markets being stupid last night.  It's all good

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

I think we can all agree that America was the loser last night no matter the declared winner as this is embarrassing for our country.

Pretty much. LMAO

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

That's what you're talking about. I'm simply tired of the attempts made by social media and the MSM to suppress voices and information. It's not as simple as the two men Trump and Biden.

You're complaining that Twitter flagged a bald-faced lie from the President, claiming that they are doing so unfairly, but can't point to a single example from Biden or Harris where they did something similar but didn't get flagged.  You're moving the goal posts.

The bottom line is, Trump isn't owed a stage and a megaphone to blare his latest shitstorm of made up nonsense.  Twitter was right to point that out.  If Biden or Harris were to do something similar, they would deserve the same.

4 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

So you finally watched the first debate?

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Yes, this country has been humiliated by electing trump and then almost electing him again. The fact that over 60 million people actually made a conscious attempt to retain his services is deeply problematic and it will take a very long time to regain our standing in the international community and to rebuild trust in this country as a world leader. 

Just now, TitanTiger said:

You're complaining that Twitter flagged a bald-faced lie from the President, claiming that they are doing so unfairly, but can't point to a single example from Biden or Harris where they did something similar but didn't get flagged.  You're moving the goal posts.

The bottom line is, Trump isn't owed a stage and a megaphone to blare his latest shitstorm of made up nonsense.  Twitter was right to point that out.  If Biden or Harris were to do something similar, they would deserve the same.

You had the W wrapped up as soon as you posted Biden's twitter link. The backtracking is going exactly as expected. 

16 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

That sort of score indicates a 99%+ chance of winning, but I don't think we're there quite yet. Some weirdness is happening in AZ despite the AP calling it, and Pennsylvania is a tossup. I'm definitely feeling more pessimistic than logical at the moment though.

PA may not matter.  That's the biggest thing right now.

As long as Biden holds on to AZ and NV, this is done.

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

So you finally watched the first debate?

Watched it live, but nice shot out of....leftfield, of course.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, this country has been humiliated by electing trump and then almost electing him again. The fact that over 60 million people actually made a conscious attempt to retain his services is deeply problematic and it will take a very long time to regain our standing in the international community and to rebuild trust in this country as a world leader. 

Half the country is always wrong, huh? What specific policies of Trump's do you despise or is it totally his personality?

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Agreed, but, like I said, the pessimistic part of my brain isn't happy with the questions floating around in AZ.

5 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

There's also the censorship of the Matt Mackowiak and Matt Walsh tweets and no it wasn't as simple as one more click to view them. They stopped them from being liked, share, or retweeted. 

6 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

There's also the censorship of the Matt Mackowiak and Matt Walsh tweets and no it wasn't as simple as one more click to view them. They stopped them from being liked, share, or retweeted. 

Specifics please

7 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

You had the W wrapped up as soon as you posted Biden's twitter link. The backtracking is going exactly as expected. 

Yeah, the nebulous “it’s about all the censorship everywhere ever” crawfishing is entertaining. But no one is fooled. 

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Half the country is always wrong, huh? What specific policies of Trump's do you despise or is it totally his personality?

Lordy, you embarrass yourself further with every post. When you decided to show up out of nowhere and start acting like a douche because you thought your horse would win, you should have maybe decided to do something else instead.

But to answer your question, I disagree with his immigration policies, his reckless deregulation,  his inability to do literally anything with healthcare, his inability to appoint people of competence and character to important government roles, his outrageous nepotism and insistence upon complete sycophancy from his subordinates, his stunning lack of knowledge and curiosity about numerous critical issues.... I could go on.

You really thought you were gonna get me with the "orange man bad" thing. Heads up: that's always been a lazy, dumb ass take and it remains resoundingly so today. 

14 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Mackowiak's tweet was a blatant falsehood rightly flagged that Mackowiak himself retracted after why it was made in error was pointed out. 

Put down the shovel. 

13 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not sure Biden hangs on to NV though. I have looked at it county by county and Trump has a legit chance of pulling it off.

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

There is only about a 2% "majority" advantage at the moment. Not as big as you make it seem like.

It will balloon. Lot of Biden voted out there in already called states. Biden probably wins 80,000,000ish to 75,000,000ish.

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Not sure Biden hangs on to NV though. I have looked at it county by county and Trump has a legit chance of pulling it off.

He's got a chance for sure.  But most everything out in NV is from Vegas.  That should bode well for Biden

17 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Specifics please

If he's referring to what I'm thinking he is, Mackowiak tweeted an obvious bit of bull**** about how 100000+ votes rolled in from Wayne County Michigan and they were all, like 100%, for Biden. Walsh RT'd. Twitter flagged them both. 

Mackowiak was told he made the tweet in error and had the decency to walk it back. 

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

There is only about a 2% "majority" advantage at the moment. Not as big as you make it seem like.

What does that have to do with specific Biden policies being politically popular?

For example, let's examine the issue of global warming:

“The percentage of Americans who say global warming is personally important is now at a record high, 72 percent, up 9 percentage points since March 2018,” said Anthony Leiserowitz, the director of Yale’s program on climate change communication."

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/environment/2019/01/climate-change-awareness-polls-show-rising-concern-for-global-warming/

Archived