Election Day

AUDub

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

That is a pretty narrow way of thinking, surely you don't think all 67 million of his voters all act the same. I guess the flipside is true with some people that think all 69 million Biden supporters want free stuff and to riot, etc. This way of thinking is part of what is wrong with our country right now, no matter which side of the isle one is on.

No, I don't. But I can only know what I know. My main point is that there is more to it than just some image the big bad evil media created. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think there's a non-insignificant number of people who crossed over between voting for president and for senator in various places.  They tired of Trump and voted third party or for Biden, but voted for their Republican senator (yes, just because there was an R behind their name) for the express purpose of hopefully getting Trump out but having a GOP Senate prevent the Dems from having complete power.   It was a calculation that was less about the specific Senate candidate and more about the bigger picture of one party control.

I don't see an important distinction with regards to what I was responding to. 

I've said all along that trump is a symptom, not the disease. This isn't about the quality of the candidates. It wasn't in 2016, either. Many folks convinced themselves otherwise and I won't be changing their minds. 

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

No, I don't. But I can only know what I know. My main point is that there is more to it than just some image the big bad evil media created. 

That is correct, both sides aren't as bad as the media tries to make it out to be.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't see an important distinction with regards to what I was responding to. 

I've said all along that trump is a symptom, not the disease. This isn't about the quality of the candidates. It wasn't in 2016, either. Many folks convinced themselves otherwise and I won't be changing their minds. 

I do.  It wasn't just "I'd vote for a corpse if it's Republican," because they didn't do that for President.  It was a decision to keep the government divided between the parties.  It's a difference of motive.

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I do.  It wasn't just "I'd vote for a corpse if it's Republican," because they didn't do that for President.  It was a decision to keep the government divided between the parties.  It's a difference of motive.

Not to the point that this becomes a presidential election primarily dictated by the quality of the candidates. The number might be "non-insignificant" but I contend that "non-insignificant" was indeed a better way to qualify that on your part than "significant". 

40 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Can you confirm or deny?

That’s what I am hearing but no official confirmation. Back at 6 am they were pretty much saying joe has it with the Milwaukee county absentee ballots left but it was off the record rumbling 

11 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

That is correct, both sides aren't as bad as the media tries to make it out to be.

I don't agree that the media is trying as hard as you say they are to, and definitely not succeeding in "playing everyone for a bunch of fools". 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That’s what I am hearing but no official confirmation. Back at 6 am they were pretty much saying joe has it with the Milwaukee county absentee ballots left but it was off the record rumbling 

I've seen it reported several other places now. Seems almost close to official. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

EDIT: I'm PDT, so I assume this tweet happened 20 minutes ago.

Trump campaign signaling they will request a recount in WI.  He's well within his rights to do that.

Funny though - he won WI in 2016 by roughly the same margin as Biden has now...and opposed a recount by Hillary Clinton then.  The recount in 2016 didn't shift the final result by any noticeable margin.

Been following the court drama with USPS this morning. 

Judge Sullivan is going to end up with somebody's corpse strapped to the hood of his car. He is furious. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

As expected, kinda feels like we're just getting started. Let's see what our democracy is made of. 

Fear not. Biden is in good shape. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Keep saying this whether it's true or not. It dulls the heartburn. Seriously. 

Don't fret over urgency. This may take time, but just know that Biden is pretty much up 2 touchdowns with 30 seconds on the clock with the ball. 

13 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Been following the court drama with USPS this morning. 

Judge Sullivan is going to end up with somebody's corpse strapped to the hood of his car. He is furious. 

What's this about?

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

What's this about?

Sullivan ordered the USPS to sweep yesterday for pending ballots. They defied his order. 

7 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Don't fret over urgency. This may take time, but just know that Biden is pretty much up 2 touchdowns with 30 seconds on the clock with the ball. 

Wish I felt that confident.

Probably doesn't matter. If this election is putting even half as many years on Trump and Biden as it is me, they'll both be dead before the count's finished.

11 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Not so much urgency as shenanigans. However, I'm heartened by how his attempts thus far have been rebuffed. 

10 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That sort of score indicates a 99%+ chance of winning, but I don't think we're there quite yet. Some weirdness is happening in AZ despite the AP calling it, and Pennsylvania is a tossup. I'm definitely feeling more pessimistic than logical at the moment though.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Tell you what, here's Joe Biden's Twitter account:  https://twitter.com/JoeBiden 

Why don't you show me which tweets make the sort of outlandish claim that Trump did last night?  Show me the tweets that Twitter should have fact-checked or censored and didn't.  Show me this evidence of unfair and uneven treatment.

Never said Biden did last night, but let's not pretend he's never lied, made outlandish claims, or fostered the like, either. 

If you'd just take a look around outside of your bubble, you'd see the unfair and uneven treatment by "Big Tech" and it started loooong before this election cycle.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

Whoa.

There's also a large number of ballots that have not been scanned as delivered. USPS contend that they weren't doing the scan to increase delivery speeds so it's unclear whether or not those ballots were just lost: https://www.vice.com/en/article/5dppad/why-the-post-offices-last-minute-ballot-crisis-isnt-as-dire-as-it-seems

2 minutes ago, ValleyTiger said:

Never said Biden did last night, but let's not pretend he's never lied, made outlandish claims, or fostered the like, either. 

If you'd just take a look around outside of your bubble, you'd see the unfair and uneven treatment by "Big Tech" and it started loooong before this election cycle.

But we're specifically talking about what a social media platform should do and whether they have been fair.  Not what you think he may have said in a debate or on the campaign trail.  Twitter has zero control over such things.  Can you point to anything Biden or Harris have posted on their social media accounts that rises even close to the level of lying that Trump just did last night, and the owner of the platform failed to factcheck it?

Archived