AU will lose again but Gus is going to beat Bama this year, right?

RunInRed

On 11/2/2020 at 9:20 AM, woodford said:

There are certainly Auburn fans who saw them spank LSU, the defending national champions, and applying zero nuance to the situation. LSU is very young and inexperienced. They lost pretty much the entire production from last year's team. They are not the same team they were in 2019.

Alabama's offense is rolling. They are going to be at least a 16 or 17 point favorite against Auburn. Let's get real, the Bams are going to destroy the Tigers.

As much.as I would like see proved wrong you're probably right,.damn it.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It'll probably play out like 2018...and then next year we maybe beat them.

Basically, I see roughly the same odd year-even year sequence repeating until the contract gets low enough.

Sure, Auburn could end up 6-4. But with 4 games left, Gus could take the Tigers to 5-5 or 4-6. If Auburn goes 4-6 or 5-5, Jimmy Rane should write a check and pay off Malzahn's buyout? I say YES. By all means. We need a proven winner.

10 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

Sure, Auburn could end up 6-4. But with 4 games left, Gus could take the Tigers to 5-5 or 4-6. If Auburn goes 4-6 or 5-5, Should Jimmy Rane write a check and pay off Malzahn's buyout? I say YES. By all means.

He should be bought out regardless. We know what he is. This recruiting class this year is going to suck and the gap between us and Bama/UGA will only get wider. Hell, TAMU has caught up recruiting wise and will pass us with a victory this year. 

Can’t get enough of the LSU game. I mean I get it we’re all excited. It’s been cathartic but it’s all a facade. 

8 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

IMO, Gus will lose 2 more and could even be 3.

Starting to gain a little more faith against Tennessee after last night. Seems like they have trouble with the run. If Tank has a big day Auburn should be in a good position to win. 

Auburn will probably be a top 15-20 team when they roll into Tuscaloosa. We still have a couple weeks for things to play out, but as of today I’m still in the camp of Auburn has no shot against Alabama. 

The gap between Auburn and the SEC teams and even Clemson and many others is getting wider and wider with each passing year with Gus at Auburn.

What if? What if Gus and company know their jobs are safe and using this as an “install”year for the team?  I think the talent is in the locker room and I’m not buying the recruiting gap excuse. What if the team is playing loose and having fun knowing eligibility isn’t at stake? 

I’m playing devils advocate here. 

13 hours ago, Bo Didley said:

What if? What if Gus and company know their jobs are safe and using this as an “install”year for the team?  I think the talent is in the locker room and I’m not buying the recruiting gap excuse. What if the team is playing loose and having fun knowing eligibility isn’t at stake? 

I’m playing devils advocate here. 

You're saying Gus is taking advantage of his employer for self gain? He would never do that.

The heck he wouldn't. But hopefully the powers at be with deep pockets will make the move to pay that buyout and get Malzahn's ash out the door.

If they keep the 7 million dollar man, then look no further then another 7-6, 8-5 or 9-4 record. But Most likely, he'll take us to yet another 7-6 or 8-5 mark.

On 11/12/2020 at 7:33 PM, auburn4ever said:

The heck he wouldn't. But hopefully the powers at be with deep pockets will make the move to pay that buyout and get Malzahn's ash out the door.

lol I was being sarcastic in my post

Archived