AU will lose again but Gus is going to beat Bama this year, right?

RunInRed

I am surprised we are favored as much as we are against A&M. Mond has come on and they have a really good O-line. At this time they are playing better than us.  We will be playing at home but without our normal crowd maybe we should do a Georgia and exceed our home quota of fans for that game. LOL.

As for bama to many people are trying to convince themselves we are a good team because of the LSU game. They have the best Offense in the SEC even without Waddle. Mac is the real thing last year he had turnovers but that was against last years D-Line this years D-Line has gotten a little better but is still not great. Even with the turnovers last year bama almost beat us. bama's D is not great but they have improved a lot since beginning of the year they shut down the Georgia running game and since the one real bad game against Ole Miss have been solid. Add to that we are playing in their stadium.  

I am predicting we end up 6-4 as it will be really hard to play A&M after getting beat soundly by bama.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Not this year.  His accuracy this year is astounding... better than Burrow’s. 

I have been impressed by his instincts in the pocket.  It's been pointed out how good his 'one-step' move is when under pressure. That alone makes a great receiving corp look superhuman.

5 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

I have been impressed by his instincts in the pocket.  It's been pointed out how good his 'one-step' move is when under pressure. That alone makes a great receiving corp look superhuman.

I don’t see any player this year running away with the Heisman, but Jones is in the conversation. 

It took the greatest player in Auburn history / Top 2 greatest in NCAA history to win at Tuberville-Denny last time. Not going to happen this year unless Harris & Smith test positive.

6 minutes ago, Viper said:

It took the greatest player in Auburn history / Top 2 greatest in NCAA history to win at Tuberville-Denny last time. Not going to happen this year unless Harris & Smith test positive.

Who you got for the other one? I won't argue, just curious. 

Not this year, it is in Tuscaloosa and Gus has no urgency.  Next year will be the year he plays to keep his job.

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Well I would have never been convinced that a team that loss to a horrid UT team in 2017 would have beaten back to back number 1 teams in 3 weeks. Gus has a bit of an MO for starting slow and building game by game. 

Wrong season. Auburn lost to Tennessee in 2018. 2017 is when they beat UGA and Alabama.

37 minutes ago, woodford said:

Wrong season. Auburn lost to Tennessee in 2018. 2017 is when they beat UGA and Alabama.

Thanks for correcting me there. The point still stands. I didn't see a team that lost to a mediocre LSU team that year would do that. 

I don’t predict a win, but the improvement of our DLine against a LSU O line that’s considered to be a good O Line is encouraging.

The thought of a KJ Britt playing linebacker with his skill set and leadership is also encouraging.  

The AL receivers are not very encouraging though.  We got a secondary that’s pretty good though.

The recent offensive line improvement and qb play improvement and offensive play calls are encouraging.  

I’m not counting us out quite yet.  

Anything less than a decisive win against Miss State will be disappointing.  If Gus can overcome his Jeremy Pruitt voodoo then I think you could see Auburn being very competent against Bama.  I said this a couple weeks ago and got some flack but Bama’s defense is built for pro style offenses like UGA and struggles against offenses like Auburn and Ole Miss’s.  Texas A&M looks better each week.  I wish we could have flip flopped the TaMu and UGA games.  I think Auburn would give UGA problems if they played now.

Say what you will about lswho offense, but realize they averaged 42 points a game before us and our first team defense gave up three!

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Think how much exciting this would be had we not collapsed at USCe......

Exactly . This is why you can’t have losses to bad teams and why I still am not on board with the staff. We are going to be really pissed of the USCe game keeps us out of the SEC championship game if we were to luck out and go on a streak 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Exactly . This is why you can’t have losses to bad teams and why I still am not on board with the staff. We are going to be really pissed of the USCe game keeps us out of the SEC championship game if we were to luck out and go on a streak 

Reminds me of 2017, when people dismissed the terrible early losses against Clemson and LSU. We could have won both and should have won one of them, and winning either possibly- both definitely- would have had us in the playoff.

I'm glad to see less of that this time.  

Oh, and it's not just USC. Not directing this at you... but maybe it's "ok" that we lost to uga, but it's absolutely not okay that we let them whip our asses like that. 

Just now, McLoofus said:

Reminds me of 2017, when people dismissed the terrible early losses against Clemson and LSU. We could have won both and should have won one of them, and winning either possibly- both definitely- would have had us in the playoff.

I'm glad to see less of that this time.  

Oh, and it's not just USC. Not directing this at you... but maybe it's "ok" that we lost to uga, but it's absolutely not okay that we let them whip our asses like that. 

Agreed . It will go back to how the hell were we whooped by UGA but can beat both Bama and aggies ?

I already know the built in excuse will be because of COVID and a new OC

It was we don’t have talent on the line but the last couple of games the line has mysteriously lived up to its name. So what gives ? In my mind, it is mainly the coaching staff and a small amount on execution. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Agreed . It will go back to how the hell were we whooped by UGA but can beat both Bama and aggies ?

I already know the built in excuse will be because of COVID and a new OC

It was we don’t have talent on the line but the last couple of games the line has mysteriously lived up to its name. So what gives ? In my mind, it is mainly the coaching staff and a small amount on execution. 

Yup. And uga had even more personnel turnover than we did on offense, but their Zamir White was able to outperform our Tank Bigsby and their walk-on QB was able to outperform our 2nd-year starter. Not acceptable. 

21 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Thanks for correcting me there. The point still stands. I didn't see a team that lost to a mediocre LSU team that year would do that. 

Fair enough. 17 OL was much better than this one.

You really believe Auburn will beat Alabama on the road? sorry, but I just don't see that happening. That game could get ugly real fast. If little Nicky has the chance to run the score up, he will do it.

On 11/2/2020 at 11:31 PM, jared52 said:

Too soon to tell. My head tells me that AU can possibly make it a game, but my heart screams "road Bo" plus they want redemption for the embarrassing end to last year. If the DBs can find a way to stay with the litany of uat receivers, it can be a game, but they can't cover them for 10 sec while the DL looks like they are playing tennis with a brick wall. 

worrisome road Bo?   if AU is unranked again before THE game, we may very likely win like we did it last week.  it's a trend of the team

On 11/3/2020 at 2:58 PM, woodford said:

Fair enough. 17 OL was much better than this one.

They were also not very good at the beginning though. Every year it seems the OL in particular takes until middle of the season to gel, at least under Gus.

21 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

A&M will be just as tough as playing Bammer at their place. I don't see Auburn winning either game.

I know I should feel this way, but I honestly think we win A&M either way. Gus historically has done well against A&M. Kellen Mond doesn't exactly instill fear in me.

Archived