Shivers this year

TigerHorn

42 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I think the best thing to do is having a strong RPO game, where Bo has multiple options both running and passing. You don't have to have both RBs on the field at the same time to keep them guessing like that.

And if you notice, Chad DID use the eye candy fakes to garner some big gains yesterday.

The RPO is the best thing for Bo. It gives him multiple options while also not having to allow him to think so much. 

2 hours ago, Tiger said:

~16-18 carries for Tank and ~10-12 offensive touches for Shivers should be the targeted distribution IMO Worm is good enough to have earned those touches. Of course game flow/hot hand etc will and should also dictate things but making a defense trying to tackle those guys over the course of the game will be huge advantage for us -- especially if both guys are fresh. The fact both kids run like power backs but have true ability to bust big ones is a major bonus

Think this is a good blue print, subject to game flow like you said. While it's obvious that we need to keep feeding Tank the ball, I hope people realize just how good Worm is running the ball right now. They are a phenomenal 1-2. 

17 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Think this is a good blue print, subject to game flow like you said. While it's obvious that we need to keep feeding Tank the ball, I hope people realize just how good Worm is running the ball right now. They are a phenomenal 1-2. 

I didn't see a huge difference between the two yesterday in terms of running ability.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't see a huge difference between the two yesterday in terms of running ability.

No, definitely not a huge difference. They are both playing extremely well, and I'm excited every time either one touches the ball. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I only felt like Worm would have housed that 1st down play from AU’s own 1 which was a super nice misdirection. The safety was able to get the angle on Tank and take him down after 20-25 yards. I think Worm gets by him. 

It blows my mind that he’s hard core trucked 2 first round dbs.  I love it.  He’s got NFL potential no doubt.  

I'm waiting for Tank to breakout of the several tackles and take it all the way....I've never known when the 'worm' hasn't run hard...go back to the LSU game his freshman year when he got a chance to run it going towards the student section, took a 1 yard carry and made it a 7 yard run...look forward to more 'snot-knocking' runs from him; I know other teams don't... 

13 hours ago, Amwest20 said:

He trucked another LSU defender early in the game.  I love watching this guy play!  

He actually hurt both guys who tackled him on the first two plays of the game. 

Tank and Shivers are both home run threats that just haven't had the chance. Worms longest run is 30 and so is Tank's. They're good compliments to each other.

MAR is a dude too. 

I think his aggression early set the tone, even tho its not reflected in the stats. Tank/run blocking OL had a really slow start, and Shivers gave them a change up look. He deserves more than 6 touches any given game, and hopefully that comes in the form of eliminating the fing speed sweep with Schwartz. 

Shivers is like Pegues’. mini-me!

We need to go ahead and make the Tank/Worm T shirts!  Count me in for a couple of them!  This RB duo is fun to watch!  It’s the first time in a while I’m expecting our RB to take it to the house on any given play.  I really hope Worm sticks around next year so we can enjoy this one more year!

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think his aggression early set the tone, even tho its not reflected in the stats. Tank/run blocking OL had a really slow start, and Shivers gave them a change up look. He deserves more than 6 touches any given game, and hopefully that comes in the form of eliminating the fing speed sweep with Schwartz. 

I keep saying it, but I'm curious if we can do some of the same stuff with this offense that we did in 2010, 2013 and 2014 with Dyer and OMac or Tre/CAP with Grant, with Worm in the OMac/Grant role and Tank lined up with Bo. Just seems like we should have both guys on the field more.

I love the passion Worm plays with.  He is definably a huge emotional lift for the team when he carries the ball due to his No Fear running style.  He may not be getting the touches per game he wants, but he make the most of what he gets!!! If he could bottle his energy and passion that he runs with, I would buy a bottle or 10.

2 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I would love to see him catch some passes out of the backfield.

We tried to get him on Saturday.  Designed wheel route and he was Bo's primary option.  LSU just covered it well.

13 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I would love to see him catch some passes out of the backfield.

Him and Tank, both.

Hoping Saturday was a step forward in expanding the offense. Whether forgivable or not, we're obviously still figuring out what this offense is capable of. I could see where "throw to the RBs" might happen after "throw to the WRs" and "figure out how the RBs can actually run the ball" in that process. 

I noticed one play where Schwartz motioned inside, then back outside and Bo hit him in stride so that he was immediately able to swing north for a decent gain. Possible that it's happened more earlier in the season than I've realized, but I think that might have been a major tweak. Instead of your pure speed guy receiving the ball while standing still, hit him in stride so that he can be a few yards upfield before he has to negotiate traffic. 

Anyway... fingers crossed that we're starting to really see the Morris difference.

22 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Dyer + OMac, Tre/CAP + Grant... Not sure if this offense lends itself to those same plays or not but Gus has done it before.

That's fine as a RB comparison, but it breaks down with the Nix/Cam/Marshal QB comparison. So, Gus hasn't quite done it before.😉

2 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That's fine as a RB comparison, but it breaks down with the Nix/Cam/Marshal QB comparison. So, Gus hasn't quite done it before.😉

Well, we actually saw it Saturday, but with Stove in that flanker role instead of Worm. 

Cam and Nick were very different QBs, also. And they did a lot of different stuff. And Nix would be yet another edition, doing different stuff within the same framework. (Like actually having reads to make and intermediate passes to throw over the middle.)

Archived