Perfect example of why I can’t support today’s Democrat Party

SocialCircle

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Whoa. Well, I'll hope for a better outcome this time. It's been a stressful year for everyone. 

A lot of stress, a lot of down time, and loss of routine. People start losing their sense of meaning in the world, and all the sudden, they start finding it in places you would have never expected. 

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Unless something recent has happened to kill their credibility, it's a pretty well regarded paper.  MediaBiasFactCheck rates them with a "Right-Center Bias" and "High" for factual reporting and AllSides.com rates them "Lean right."

This has nothing to do with alexava's odd transformation over the last few months.  Just strictly about the Boston Herald.

Nothing odd about a political transformation. It happens. 

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart.  If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

‘If you’re not a liberal when you’re 25, you have no heart.  If you’re not a conservative by the time you’re 35, you have no brain.’

Balderdash.

If by 50 you haven't figured out that on some issues the conservative position is closer to the correct one, and on others the liberal one is closer to correct, you lack critical thinking skills.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

That's ******* stupid. They're the NYPost compared to the Globe being the NYTimes. 

11 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

A lot of stress, a lot of down time, and loss of routine. People start losing their sense of meaning in the world, and all the sudden, they start finding it in places you would have never expected. 

It's a frighteningly easy trap to fall into. We're all susceptible. Thank the Lord I'm still working. 

32 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Balderdash.

If by 50 you haven't figured out that on some issues the conservative position is closer to the correct one, and on others the liberal one is closer to correct, you lack critical thinking skills.

I totally agree. Most here don't. 

Still like the quote. Gives mental midgets fits. ;D

And for the record, I took your balderdash in reference to the quote, not political transformation. If incorrect, my apologies, but at the same time you would be wrong.  

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

That's ******* stupid. They're the NYPost compared to the Globe being the NYTimes. 

Say what?

3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

It's a frighteningly easy trap to fall into. We're all susceptible. Thank the Lord I'm still working. 

My constant refrain on this has been the word "seductive." He believes it now because deep down he always wanted to. Hell, he's inclined to. Human nature.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Say what?

The NYPost, like the Herald, used to be a respected paper too, until Murdoch came into the picture. They're coasting on their name and the reputation of their competitor.

The Herald is barely fit to wipe an ass these days.

5 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The NYPost, like the Herald, used to be a respected paper too, until Murdoch came into the picture. They're coasting on their name and the reputation of their competitor.

The Herald is barely fit to wipe an ass these days.

I don't read the Herald. Can't respond. The NYPost is still relevant to many. 

I like AP, WSJ, Reuters, BBC.

28 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I don't read the Herald. Can't respond. The NYPost is still relevant to many. 

Maybe, it's a full on "batboy is on the loose!" tabloid in this day and age. Ever since Murdoch bought them, go figure. 

1 minute ago, AUDub said:

Maybe, it's a full on "batboy is on the loose!" tabloid in this day and age. Ever since Murdoch bought them, go figure. 

Definitely not maybe. Like everything else for the most part, it is tribal.

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Definitely not maybe. Like everything else for the most part, it is tribal.

Murdoch's ideological bent is pretty clear. Guy also owns FOX "news."

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Murdoch's ideological bent is pretty clear. Guy also owns FOX "news."

I find myself watching FOX more than usual for balance. Call me crazy, but some of their programming seems to be moving more to center right.

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

I find myself watching FOX more than usual for balance. Call me crazy, but some of their programming seems to be moving more to center right.

The news side is, well, decent. 

Wade into the editorial side, i.e. Hannity or Gutfield or Hewitt,  they are God-damned insane. 

4 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The news side is, well, decent. 

Wade into the editorial side, i.e. Hannity or Gutfield or Hewitt,  they are God-damned insane. 

Don't watch them. Cannot comment. Hell, I didn't even know Hewitt had a show.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Don't watch them. Cannot comment. Hell, I didn't even know Hewitt had a show.

He has written editorials hosted on their site. 

But, man, these are their prime time and morning shows, their website, we're talking about here. They're balls to the wall insane.

18 minutes ago, AUDub said:

He has written editorials hosted on their site. 

But, man, these are their prime time and morning shows, their website, we're talking about here. They're balls to the wall insane.

What publication/media isn't insane? Even one's I've mentioned previously get marks for bias. IIWII

4 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Balderdash.

I’ll take this as a compliment.

Yet we have about 4 people here who never see any damn thing any other way than pure left. It doesn’t matter what the issue, how ridiculously obvious the evidence is.... they side with the left. You know who they are. 

This "do what we want or else" position the Democrats have taken is quite the extortion racket. And yet they think it's somehow noble. 

This is also indicative of the fact that we are no longer one country. We are two completely different countries struggling for dominance.  

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

Yet we have about 4 people here who never see any damn thing any other way than pure left. It doesn’t matter what the issue, how ridiculously obvious the evidence is.... they side with the left. You know who they are. 

When your daily bread is Yahoo, CNN, NYT or WAPO, all partisan sourcing, I don't know what you expect? Sadly, our electorate has become lazy. Truth matters not.

5 minutes ago, alexava said:

4 minutes ago, alexava said:

This "do what we want or else" position the Democrats have taken is quite the extortion racket. And yet they think it's somehow noble. 

This is also indicative of the fact that we are no longer one country. We are two completely different countries struggling for dominance.  

My only hope at this point it that you'll look back at this point in your time on this forum with embarassment and realize just how far off into the depths of insanity you have chosen to wade. I don't say this often, in fact, I never have:

I am genuinely sad. You were a special case, but that made you one of our best.

I am taking a break. This place has gone insane.

Later..

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

When your daily bread is Yahoo, CNN, NYT or WAPO, all partisan sourcing, I don't know what you expect? Sadly, our electorate has become lazy. Truth matters not.

This level of irony should leave rust marks on you.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

This level of irony should leave rust marks on you.

I think you should revisit the definition of irony.

Archived