It's official: Auburn needs to fire Gus despite buyout

aubiefifty

22 hours ago, difball said:

I hear there is a great bar down in Pensacola - any chance we have a recruiting visit there in the near future?

Too bad Gus doesn’t drink 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, Eagle-1 said:

Unless my math is off, it would cost us more to keep him another year, and fire him after next season. Of course that savings of 7.0 would be offset by the cost of the replacement. 

What an imbecilic deal Leath left us with. 

Pretty smart agent getting the contract date that late in recruiting season. If waiting on the payout to drop, it's almost too late to fire the coach. Either fire him near the seasons end to get his replacement in place to salvage recruiting or keep him another season. Not a good choice. 

The genius who approved that contract should never be allowed to negotiate another one.

14 minutes ago, Notjeffco said:

Pretty smart agent getting the contract date that late in recruiting season. If waiting on the payout to drop, it's almost too late to fire the coach. Either fire him near the seasons end to get his replacement in place to salvage recruiting or keep him another season. Not a good choice. 

The genius who approved that contract should never be allowed to negotiate another one.

New Year’s Eve is the exact date it drops, right? I see info on that matter go back and forth.

Mississippi State fired Moorhead after that date IIRC. So not unprecedented. I’m sure there’s other examples (NFL in particular), that’s just the one that comes to mind first.

✈️

9 hours ago, woodford said:

Too bad Gus doesn’t drink 

I mean,  they do serve drinks, but that isn't their specialty 😏

Hopefully we'll see some big changes made come Janurary 1st if not sooner. This team deserves a head coaching change to hiring a proven winner and top notch recruiter.

I trust everyone bought their iPhone 12's.

Surely there is no coincidence that the Gus firing rumors swelling up and the iPhone 12's release would occur on the same week... Right?

5 hours ago, JBiGGiE said:

I trust everyone bought their iPhone 12's.

Surely there is no coincidence that the Gus firing rumors swelling up and the iPhone 12's release would occur on the same week... Right?

l85L4J.gif

Archived