Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

tomcat

1 hour ago, PigskinPat said:

@bigbird, I’ve been a member of this board since 2004. I hope you know I would never try to get you or anyone else to reveal a source. I didn’t know it was you that had firsthand knowledge.

I absolutely know that. Its secondhand info, but they undoubtedly have firsthand knowledge of it.

Well let me first say as being the person that bird gets alot of his stuff from and he gets the credit... ..let'snot get out of hand on here. Bird is a shady character with a dual personality

8 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Bird is a shady character with a dual personality

Aww, you think it's just two. Bless your heart.

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I absolutely know that. Its secondhand info, but they undoubtedly have firsthand knowledge of it.

Thank you, Bird. I hope all is well with your son. He has been and will continue to be in my prayers.

8 hours ago, fredst said:

Cristobal would be a great hire and is the anti-Gus. I know that we had a poll here but I’d truly like to know the % of the fan base, completely leaving the buyout out of the equation, that think Gus is the right guy for the AU job at this point. I just can’t believe it even approaches 10% although that might be my own bias. We are in a bad spot.....

They might think it, but you’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone to speak it.

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Fact

You won't see a link to that source, but it's correct information.

Rick Neuheusel has stated this numerous times on his Sirius radio show going back to last summer when Gus was on the 'hot seat' after the Peach Bowl aftermath....

23 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Why is everyone in love with Cristobal?  
Leach is looking about how I expected in the SEC.

Kiffin is intriguing but I’d want to see more than one good showing against Bama.  

As much as I dislike him I think Smart is the big miss.  Who knows if he sticks once UGa opened up either? 

woulda, coulda, shoulda is right.

Oregon had a few disappointing losses in Auburn and ASU last season, but they look like a future power. a SEC built team in the West. they're going to be great as long as he's there

On 10/10/2020 at 11:49 PM, Win4AU said:

Why is everyone in love with Cristobal?  

Starts with recruiting. That is job #1 for any head coach and he is as good an option as there is for us. From there it gets a little more about personal preference and level of optimism. But he would walk through that door as our best hope of upgrading our recruiting, starting with the OL.

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Can someone provide a link to Mario saying he wants to coach at Auburn?  I see it mentioned all the time.  Shouldn't his employer and fanbase be pissed that he's say something like that publicly while he's their HC?

See above. You'll never  see a link to something like that. Links don't exist to private conversations that leak out. You just have to decide if you trust certain people who are willing to stake their reputations on sharing stuff here. I believe it, but I don't blame those who don't. But you won't ever get a link.

Just now, McLoofus said:

Starts with recruiting. That is job #1 for any head coach and he is as good an option as there is for us. From there it gets a little more about personal preference and level of optimism. But he would walk through that door as our best hope of upgrading our recruiting, starting with the OL.

See above. You'll never  see a link to something like that. Links don't exist to private conversations that leak out. You just have to decide if you trust certain people who are willing to stake their reputations on sharing stuff here. I believe it, but I don't blame those who don't. But you won't ever get a link.

Well, count me as having trust issues.  If it's a source from the same pool that brought us the Bob Stoops & the AU Admin meeting with Gus to reduce his buyout in '18, then I'm skeptical.  Just sayin, Josh Moon/JGTate/PMarshall and a few others acted like they had the pulse on the inner workings of the Auburn AD at the time, like one of them were standing around the AD's office and saw Harbert at the table with Gus while Leath was on a trip in DC.  

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man think about it. If you had a son that was wanted by EVERYBODY.....how confident would you feel with letting him go to Auburn for FOOTBALL. I'll be honest right now.....no way in hell I'd let him do it

4 minutes ago, keesler said:

Well, count me as having trust issues.  If it's a source from the same pool that brought us the Bob Stoops & the AU Admin meeting with Gus to reduce his buyout in '18, then I'm skeptical.  Just sayin, Josh Moon/JGTate/PMarshall and a few others acted like they had the pulse on the inner workings of the Auburn AD at the time, like one of them were standing around the AD's office and saw Harbert at the table with Gus while Leath was on a trip in DC.  

The Stoops thing was real. The reduced buyout thing, I'm not sure.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Man think about it. If you had a son that was wanted by EVERYBODY.....how confident would you feel with letting him go to Auburn for FOOTBALL. I'll be honest right now.....no way in hell I'd let him do it

If I play defense or running back, or I'm a kicker? Sure. I'll give Auburn a hard look. Anybody else? Negative, Ghostrider. 

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If I play defense or running back, or I'm a kicker? Sure. I'll give Auburn a hard look. Anybody else? Negative, Ghostrider. 

Without a change in HC or total offensive philosophy, no QB will, at least the top level ones. After we see no development of any of the young WRs this year, we may not see anymore top level WRs come either. Don't even address OL, that's a waste of type.

27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, it would be difficult as a QB, WR or TE to choose Malzahn's "tutelage" or offensive scheme over a top tier program...or almost any other SEC team other than Vanderbilt.

It's sad, but true.

Archived