Grading Auburn’s performance against Kentucky

aubiefifty

I doubt there is a program in the SEC that would not trade their QB for Bo Nix.

That's enough for me to say, "War Damn Eagle!"  

QB U?    Ok, maybe not, tap the brakes.

6 minutes ago, Beaker said:

I doubt there is a program in the SEC that would not trade their QB for Bo Nix.

I think Florida might balk at it. 

I'm trying to temper my optimism about Bo until after Georgia, though. It's not hard to drop dimes when you are being well protected for the majority of the game. For the offensive line, and for Bo, Georgia's defense is going to be a much better barometer. 

@Tigerpro2a and @Barnacle, we're not far apart on this.

Part of my response is directed towards the narrative- not from you guys- that Bo didn't have time to throw. He definitely got pressured a few times but pass pro was adequate for most of the game.

I'm not worried as long as he continues to develop as you would expect.

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@Tigerpro2a and @Barnacle, we're not far apart on this.

Part of my response is directed towards the narrative- not from you guys- that Bo didn't have time to throw. He definitely got pressured a few times but pass pro was adequate for most of the game.

I'm not worried as long as he continues to develop as you would expect.

Dude had plenty of time to throw for most of the game. No doubt. 

People need to calm down on the Bo Nix hype. Glad to see he is progressing , but I am still waiting for him to just take over a game. Especially considering his five state rating. I can tell you right now Bama, UF and Miss State are not envious of Bo Nix right now.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

People need to calm down on the Bo Nix hype. Glad to see he is progressing , but I am still waiting for him to just take over a game. Especially considering his five state rating. I can tell you right now Bama, UF and Miss State are not envious of Bo Nix right now.

He'll inevitably be put in that spot this season - maybe next week. 

Just now, Barnacle said:

He'll inevitably be put in that spot this season - maybe next week. 

Yep! UGA still seems to have a stout defense and I am sure they are going to do everything possible to make us one dimensional, passing the ball. 

11 hours ago, Beaker said:

Step aside man, 😃  going for it in game one when the game was in doubt sent a message to the team and conference Auburn is no longer playing 'not to lose', but to win.  Let that sink in - that is a 180 degree change from Gus' past MO....for a moment I was wondering if we hired the high school coach from North Little Rock who never punts!   I think this was a clear sign and I loved it.

Had we lost 16 to 15 all the talk would have been about the passed up field goal opportunity. I think the best way to win the game would have been to kick the FG. Happily, it didn't end up that close.

6 hours ago, DAG said:

Nix makes key plays, he's football smart and he makes very few mistakes. Currently, he's at 218 consecutive passes without an interception. I wouldn't swap him for any other SEC QB.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Nix makes key plays, he's football smart and he makes very few mistakes. Currently, he's at 218 consecutive passes without an interception. I wouldn't swap him for any other SEC QB.

Well, yes you with your orange and blue auburn goggles wouldn't . But the objective fan would and rightfully so. 

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Wide receive 'er?! I barely know 'er!!!!

(But I would gladly trade all my material possessions to change that.) 

((Also, wildly underrated movie.))

Not familiar with the movie, at least I don’t think so - which one was it?

Archived