* Official Auburn vs. Kentucky Game Thread *

abw0004

7 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Broken record time. 2nd down 1 yard to go and 4th down 1 yard to go, what do we do? Snap the ball 5 yards deep, hand off to the rb with no forward momentum. Results: no gain and 2 yard loss.  When are we going to learn to go under center and hand to our biggest back? I think never.😫

Totally agree. How do you not just man up and get 1 yard?  Gus is dressed like Coach Dye, but those play calls were something Coach wouldn’t stand. 
I hope those lost points aren’t the difference. Until this last defensive stand, this game had the feeling that we were going to have to come away with points on every drive. 

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Respect. I prefer going for it. the stats show that super short yardage situations are converted at a high rate by offenses across football. I personally prefer the aggressive Gus as opposed to the scared Gus even if we leave points on the field early. We just didn't get it this time

That's not fear. It's being smart about taking the better opportunity to get points on the board in a close game. 

2 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

What is going on with Cole, today? First he was laying on the ground and reporting, now he's eating and talking about chicken friend bacon.

I think he is just excited to be on an SEC sideline...especially Auburn's sideline...during 2020! We were all laying around and eating bacon 5 months ago 🙂

Just now, AUpreacherman22 said:

We are REALLY struggling on both sides of the ball right now!  Typical playing a very quality opponent week 1.  

Defense is actually, knock on wood, settling in. Offense is being too cute.

1 minute ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

We are REALLY struggling on both sides of the ball right now!  Typical playing a very quality opponent week 1.  

Let’s not exaggerate. We looked good on the last several drives offensively. The defense always starts slow, and makes adjustments. It seems like they have made the adjustments. 

Just now, DAG said:

If we are looking as sloppy as everyone is saying and we are up by 1 then to me I have nothing but encouragement. 

Defense is settling in and playing well. I think the offensive coordinator is doing a good job playing chess with him. 

Offense is okay but it looks like we're acting desperate for big plays instead of just getting the first down. 

Archived