* Official Auburn vs. Kentucky Game Thread *

abw0004

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

Short yardage is going to be a struggle again. OL continues to hurt us but I love the decision by Gus to go for it.

I disliked that decision. Get the 3 points.This could a close game more and we need all the points we can get. 

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broken record time. 2nd down 1 yard to go and 4th down 1 yard to go, what do we do? Snap the ball 5 yards deep, hand off to the rb with no forward momentum. Results: no gain and 2 yard loss.  When are we going to learn to go under center and hand to our biggest back? I think never.😫

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

And Shivers tends to run into the back of his lineman as well if a hole isn’t there, which is no good as well.

Even if he does his balance is so good he just bounces off and keeps on churning. Day what will but no one is running harder than shivers is. 

Just now, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Even if he does his balance is so good he just bounces off and keeps on churning. Day what will but no one is running harder than shivers is. 

Except on third and one in this game and many times last year

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

Needless to say, that 3rd down pass was an easy completion and a terrible throw, good thing it doesn’t say Stidham on the back of the jersey.

In his defense he was flushed out of the pocket immediately but I do think he has to make that throw. Either that or just tuck it and run cause I think he would have had the first down if he ran.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

I disliked that decision. Get the 3 points.This could a close game more and we need all the points we can get. 

Respect. I prefer going for it. the stats show that super short yardage situations are converted at a high rate by offenses across football. I personally prefer the aggressive Gus as opposed to the scared Gus even if we leave points on the field early. We just didn't get it this time

2 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Needless to say, that 3rd down pass was an easy completion and a terrible throw, good thing it doesn’t say Stidham on the back of the jersey.

You didn't see the rusher flying at Bo off the edge? Didn't even have time to set his feet not everyone has Cam Newton arms man

1 minute ago, jmcrosson said:

Is Tank not available? Any word on his progress/status?

He's third/fourth down the depth chart. I'm sure we will see him at some point today, but not expecting many touches. 

1 minute ago, Tiger said:

You didn't see the rusher flying at Bo off the edge? Didn't even have time to set his feet not everyone has Cam Newton arms man

I guarantee Bo disagrees with you and agrees with me.

Archived