* Official Auburn vs. Kentucky Game Thread *

abw0004

• Replies 964
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, japantiger said:

So, on short yardage we've run our smallest back up the gut into the middle of 340 pounders; and now our slowest back runs laterally.  Not impressed.  

That was DJ on both carries, FYI. 

Edit: apparently I'm wrong 

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Runs up the middle have to be quicker. 

That’s what I like about Shivers. He gets the ball and in one step he is up to speed . No hesitation at all. DJ dancing to much back there. 

1 minute ago, japantiger said:

So, on short yardage we've run our smallest back up the gut into the middle of 340 pounders; and now our slowest back runs laterally.  Not impressed.  

That wasn’t our smallest back.

2 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Really need to establish a reliable short yardage back. 

We’ve needed this for years now. Offense looks better but nothing is more frustrating than not being able to gain a single yard when that’s all we need. 

1 minute ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That’s what I like about Shivers. He gets the ball and in one step he is up to speed . No hesitation at all. DJ dancing to much back there. 

And Shivers tends to run into the back of his lineman as well if a hole isn’t there, which is no good as well.

Just now, AUFriction said:

Anybody else think the handoffs have looked a little odd so far in this game? That play on 4th would’ve worked if the handoff had been a little... quicker.

Handoffs have looked slow for a while to me and I’ve had the same thought. 

Archived