Trump supporters try to obstruct early voters at polling site in Virginia

aubiefifty

51 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Granted.  But I thought that most on the right felt those protests where people surround and disrupt dinner patrons at an outdoor cafe were dumb and ineffective.  If anything they would turn people against your cause.  Why try to imitate them, even a little?

I think that most on the right and left felt those protests where people surround and disrupt dinner patrons at an outdoor cafe were dumb and ineffective. I also think that most on the right and left feel that standing on a sidewalk with signs and chanting "four more years" is rather ineffective. Ultimately, I usually don't know why people do what they do, but sometimes it is fun to speculate!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Your Chosen One literally said we'd have "one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million" tests for coronavirus available and you didn't blink.  This is just one of a litany of unintelligible sentences and verbal gaffes yet you're perfectly fine.  Spare me.

I don't have any way of knowing how many tests are available. How can I question something I know nothing about. I do however know that there have not been 200 million deaths from the virus. Apples to oranges here.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Yeah, facts, links, and science - such pesky little things.  Much better to operate on emotion, rumor, YouTube videos, and knee-jerk reactions. <_<

I view this particular avenue of "protest" the same way as I view idiots who harass patrons at an outdoor restaurant.  It targets the wrong people and does nothing to further your cause.  Just makes you look like a something ranging between a weirdo to an a**hole.

One of your better posts.

4 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I don't have any way of knowing how many tests are available. How can I question something I know nothing about. I do however know that there have not been 200 million deaths from the virus. Apples to oranges here.

You don't have to know how many tests there are to realize that there's no such number as "one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million."

Apples to apples.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

You don't have to know how many tests there are to realize that there's no such number as "one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million."

Apples to apples.

"Sorry, I missed the extra million part. Yes, that was a misstep on his part there.

1 minute ago, ArgoEagle said:

"Sorry, I missed the extra million part. Yes, that was a misstep on his part there.

Just like saying "200 million" instead of "200 thousand" is a misstep.

8 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Just like saying "200 million" instead of "200 thousand" is a misstep.

It is no doubt. But there is a montage of total brain farts that Biden has made. It's a fact. I have seen them, and there are a bunch. I don't believe Trump is perfect, but he doesn't blunder in his public speaking near as much as Biden. If anyone can't see that, they are just not paying attention, or refuse to see it, or admit it.

That's what I meant by apples to oranges.

3 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

It is no doubt. But there is a montage of total brain farts that Biden has made. It's a fact. I have seen them, and there are a bunch. I don't believe Trump is perfect, but he doesn't blunder in his public speaking near as much as Biden. If anyone can't see that, they are just not paying attention, or refuse to see it, or admit it.

That's what I meant by apples to oranges.

There's a montage of total brain farts from Trump as well.  It's hardly a small handful.  It's a fact and there are a bunch.  You can find them rather easily.  He utters sentences that make no sense and blunders terms and such frequently.  And none of his can even be attributed to issues with a known speech impediment.  If you haven't noticed this, that's on you.

That's what I meant about apples to apples.

1 minute ago, TitanTiger said:

There's a montage of total brain farts from Trump as well.  It's hardly a small handful.  It's a fact and there are a bunch.  You can find them rather easily.  He utters sentences that make no sense and blunders terms and such frequently.  And none of his can even be attributed to issues with a known speech impediment.  If you haven't noticed this, that's on you.

That's what I meant about apples to apples.

WOW!

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

Your Chosen One literally said we'd have "one million eight hundred and seventy thousand million" tests for coronavirus available and you didn't blink.

Nobody blinked because any person whose thoughts weren't clouded by blind hatred knows this was a deliberate exaggeration. Biden's "200 million", however, was far from deliberate. It's an indication of a failing intellect.

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

make no mistake the trumpers were intimidating people or trying to

intimidating? They appeared to be rather harmless fiddy. The crowd seemed to enjoy the distraction and the opportunity for pics. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Nobody blinked because any person whose thoughts weren't clouded by blind hatred knows this was a deliberate exaggeration. Biden's "200 million", however, was far from deliberate. It's an indication of a failing intellect.

No, that's what a partisan who's in the tank for one party "knows."  It was a verbal gaffe, not deliberate and anyone with a scintilla of intellectual honesty can admit that.  They happen.  The thing is, they make for some funny clips on late night TV but that's about it.  Some folks are eloquent speakers who don't often make verbal gaffes such as Reagan or Obama.  Others like George W. Bush, Dan Quayle, Joe Biden and yes, Donald Trump,  make them more frequently.  

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

Try to get past your incessant need to have facts, links, or science added to an idea before you can fathom it and maybe you can understand this.

Conservatives look at Trump vs. Biden through what they have seen and heard from both candidates. Biden is a walking, talking disaster of a candidate for President. He can't hold thoughts and complete sentences without outside assistance of some sort. His most recent blunder was stating that over 200 million Americans have died from the virus. When you take these and other factors into consideration such as the softball questions he gets from the liberal media trying not to get him flustered, the conservatives know in their heart of hearts that the only way Biden has a chance to defeat Trump is to have corrupt factions such as early voting in liberal states, mail in voting using the virus as an excuse not to have live voting at the polls, so they can underhandedly corrupt the normal voting procedures elections routinely go through.

Coupled along with the fact that, as I said earlier, we are tired of being silent, we are tired of being doormats for the liberal bullies and terrorists, and we feel it is time to start fighting back and finish the war that the liberals started. I feel like this is the first bullet fired by conservatives, and though it is a small step, it has definitely gotten the attention of the left.

Hard to take anything in this post seriously, but the highlighted line beats it all. Have you really swallowed all the BS from Trump and decided to regurgitate it here? Early voting and mail-in voting are corrupt? Both have been going on for decades. Just because they will both be used more for this election, due to a global pandemic that you apparently don't think is a threat, doesn't suddenly make them corrupt. Trump may yet win, but conspiracy theories don't cover the fact that right now Biden is favored by quite a bit in the polls.

The irony is that the only evidence anything was being corrupted with mail-in voting, aside from Trump trying to undermine trust in the system any way he can, was the removal of sorting machines, which would benefit Trump, so please peddle this crap somewhere else.

31 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I don't believe Trump is perfect, but he doesn't blunder in his public speaking near as much as Biden. 

Makes it a bit easier when "I've done an amazing job with (insert topic here). Big things. The best anyone has ever done." while rarely offering any specifics makes up 75% of what you say.

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Hard to take anything in this post seriously, but the highlighted line beats it all. Have you really swallowed all the BS from Trump and decided to regurgitate it here? Early voting and mail-in voting are corrupt? Both have been going on for decades. Just because they will both be used more for this election, due to a global pandemic that you apparently don't think is a threat, doesn't suddenly make them corrupt. Trump may yet win, but conspiracy theories don't cover the fact that right now Biden is favored by quite a bit in the polls.

The irony is that the only evidence anything was being corrupted with mail-in voting, aside from Trump trying to undermine trust in the system any way he can, was the removal of sorting machines, which would benefit Trump, so please peddle this crap somewhere else.

Nah .I'll pedal it here. You can like it or not. Your choice.

Just now, ArgoEagle said:

Nah .I'll pedal it here. You can like it or not. Your choice.

Tried to find a gif of someone pedaling crap, but shockingly none exist.

14 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

No, that's what a partisan who's in the tank for one party "knows."  It was a verbal gaffe, not deliberate and anyone with a scintilla of intellectual honesty can admit that.  They happen.  The thing is, they make for some funny clips on late night TV but that's about it.  Some folks are eloquent speakers who don't often make verbal gaffes such as Reagan or Obama.  Others like George W. Bush, Dan Quayle, Joe Biden and yes, Donald Trump,  make them more frequently.  

Anybody with a scintilla of intellectual honesty knows that President Trump, along with every 3rd grade student in America, understands that there is no way that such a number of tests can exist. It's called deliberate exaggeration and is commonly used in normal American discourse. Here's a short example: " Wow, look up. There are a gazillion stars out tonight!" See how common it is?

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Anybody with a scintilla of intellectual honesty knows that President Trump, along with every 3rd grade student in America, understands that there is no way that such a number of tests can exist. It's called deliberate exaggeration and is commonly used in normal American discourse. Here's a short example: " Wow, look up. There are a gazillion stars out tonight!" See how common it is?

I know he knows that, just like I know Biden knows that 200 million people haven't died from coronavirus.  It's called a verbal flub; a gaffe.

Trump was not exaggerating.  He just made a mistake and stumbled over his words.  He does it regularly and it's not a big deal.

55 minutes ago, Grumps said:

Or as a peaceful protest.

That close to a polling location is getting close to dangerous territory on being legal. 

32 minutes ago, channonc said:

That close to a polling location is getting close to dangerous territory on being legal. 

If they were breaking the law then I hope they were arrested.

Protesting by throwing objects at police officers and destroying property that doesn't belong to you is also getting close to dangerous territory on being legal. I wonder which group will be arrested first.

14 hours ago, Grumps said:

If they were breaking the law then I hope they were arrested.

Protesting by throwing objects at police officers and destroying property that doesn't belong to you is also getting close to dangerous territory on being legal. I wonder which group will be arrested first.

More whataboutism. What a surprise. 🙄

On 9/23/2020 at 9:11 AM, SaltyTiger said:

intimidating? They appeared to be rather harmless fiddy. The crowd seemed to enjoy the distraction and the opportunity for pics. 

you think those cats were not packing? that seems to be the M.o. with trumpers.......

Archived