No 'gentleman's agreement' with Auburn

aubiefifty

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, alexava said:

Gus probably asked them to keep the uga qb ineligible till the second week too. 

That doesn't even make sense.

45 minutes ago, alexava said:

Huh? Are you talking about Daniels? He was out for medical reasons.

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Huh? Are you talking about Daniels? He was out for medical reasons.

Correct. And supposedly, he is the best QB UGA has on the roster. Wouldn't Gus want him NOT cleared?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Correct. And supposedly, he is the best QB UGA has on the roster. Wouldn't Gus want him NOT cleared?

Yeah, I'm with you. Curious to hear the explanation.

2 hours ago, alexava said:

Gus has already arranged for the SEC to sit MSU's guy for the week when we play them. The SEC office has now told Gus that he only has one more to use after MSU, so Gus is trying to decide between A&M or bammer  for his final SEC-sponsored QB sit of the season. We have the PULL!

Could it be true? Absolutely. Could it be false? Absolutely. No one will ever know the truth except the individuals involved.

If true, then neither coach would want it advertised publicly, especially Stoops. It would create a lot of questions and controversy after a potential loss if he didn't play a great player because of a "gentlemen's agreement". Also, the agreement would need to be done with SEC approval/oversight. So they could provide coverage for both institutions.

If false, okay.  We'll just have to believe it's extremely coincidental timing, especially since it was the SEC holding it up.

I have my suspicions but, without confirmation, it's just conjecture.

In the end it doesn't matter one iota. The game is in the past, Joey is cleared to have a fantastic career, and we beat UK.

Onto the turd-eating, butt sniffing, leg humping k-9s!

I think Stoops just lied through his teeth and the two HCs just ensured a deal with the SEC for them to take the brunt of the blame. 

I'd need to know more about the Cade Mays situation, but it seems like those teams involved had something very odd going on there as well.

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I think Stoops just lied through his teeth and the two HCs just ensured a deal with the SEC for them to take the brunt of the blame. 

I'd need to know more about the Cade Mays situation, but it seems like those teams involved had something very odd going on there as well.

I think once they waived JG due to the times , there was no way they could say no to the two other prominent players. However, if the time tables were different all of it would look fishy , therefore just allow them all to play the same week.

Archived