No 'gentleman's agreement' with Auburn

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, alexava said:

I can’t see the sec telling Kentucky that they approve the special waiver. but he can’t play against Auburn because Gus is afraid to face his former QB who he was afraid to let play last season. I can’t imagine any scenario that this “agreement”would be mentioned by Auburn or considered by Kentucky or the governing bodies???

Yes - having graciously granted Joey permission to transfer to an SEC school on Auburn's immediate schedule, Gus must be terrified of his former player. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NCAA is doing UK and Gatewood a disservice for waiting this long to decide. All the Information has been on the Table. Auburn has no objections so either should be allowed to transfer now question is wait a year or don't wait a year. If NCAA says yes or no in next few days they could have said the same thing a month ago. Personally as I have said every player should be allowed to transfer once to any school and no 1 year waiting period. If a player wants to transfer second time again any school but sit out a year.

Coaches can change schools, college Presidents can change schools, regular students can change schools, I believe kids on Academic Scholarships can change schools so why shouldn't an athlete be allowed to.

2 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

The NCAA is doing UK and Gatewood a disservice for waiting this long to decide. All the Information has been on the Table. Auburn has no objections so either should be allowed to transfer now question is wait a year or don't wait a year. If NCAA says yes or no in next few days they could have said the same thing a month ago. Personally as I have said every player should be allowed to transfer once to any school and no 1 year waiting period. If a player wants to transfer second time again any school but sit out a year.

Coaches can change schools, college Presidents can change schools, regular students can change schools, I believe kids on Academic Scholarships can change schools so why shouldn't an athlete be allowed to.

NCAA cleared him. It's the SEC holding it up. Not that it changes anything you're saying other than an acronym.

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

NCAA cleared him. It's the SEC holding it up. Not that it changes anything you're saying other than an acronym.

Gotta wait until Saban has a free minute to review the matter.

On 9/22/2020 at 1:06 PM, McLoofus said:

Evidently, lol.

Nah, I honestly don't care about any aspect of this except the logic of it. I don't think we're going to see Joey, and I don't care why. If we do see him, I don't think we're going to lose because of it, and also I don't care why. But the way people are responding to and discussing this is very curious to me.

at least 10% of me would like to see him prove you wrong in this

I hope he's a star and seeing him is pretty much the only intrigue of this game to me. It'd be the most meaningless game on the schedule otherwise

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:
On 9/22/2020 at 2:06 PM, McLoofus said:

at least 10% of me would like to see him prove you wrong in this

I hear ya. Like I said to someone else, I'm glad he's got 9 other games to show his stuff. 

29 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

That stinks for Joey, but having been the springboard for so many back ups and QB coming out parties, I'm okay if his is postponed a week. I think he is uber talented and will be an extremely effective QB and wish him all the success... against others.

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That stinks for Joey, but having been the springboard for so many back ups and QB coming out parties, I'm okay if his is postponed a week. I think he is uber talented and will be an extremely effective QB and wish him all the success... against others.

I feel the same I want to see this guy succeed 1000% but I don’t want to be put in a position to root against him lol

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

its amazing to me theres still people out there that takes the NCAA's side on contentious issues pertaining to athletes 

This is all SEC not ncaa 

6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I was incorrect, thank you for correcting me 

REALLY bad look when ur f-ing over players even more than the NCAA lol

I'm starting to wonder if somehow the agreement was between Gus and the SEC, giving Stoops plausible deniability. What I don't get is why the SEC would agree to play the bad guy in that scenario. But if Joey is suddenly eligible on Sunday, that's going to be pretty juicy. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

But if Joey is suddenly eligible on Sunday, that's going to be pretty juicy. 

This was the scenario that was in my head. I don't think the SEC has truly looked out for Auburn other than allowing Cam to play and playing hands-off with that....but it would make sense, and I want everyone to take a step back while reading this, if they did a solid for the program that has the QB with the most eyes on him and one of their main cash cows. 

I don't think most seasons the SEC NEEDS us, but b/t GA and LSU being even more volatile, I think they need us to be a playoff contender. at least a 7-3 type team. Even if you dont go for this scenario, there's definitely some dealings going on in the background 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This was the scenario that was in my head. I don't think the SEC has truly looked out for Auburn other than allowing Cam to play and playing hands-off with that....but it would make sense, and I want everyone to take a step back while reading this, if they did a solid for the program that has the QB with the most eyes on him and one of their main cash cows. 

I don't think most seasons the SEC NEEDS us, but b/t GA and LSU being even more volatile, I think they need us to be a playoff contender. at least a 7-3 type team. Even if you dont go for this scenario, there's definitely some dealings going on in the background 

Wish I'd more likes to give.

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Wish I'd more likes to give.

its all conspiratorial, but I really think Auburn is going to have a lot of narrative value for the league. Bo is the leading "who's the next Burrow" candidate, there's the Auburn/LSU halloween game, we're the only semi-elite team pegged to be upset (go figure), I don't know if interest will equate to success but I bet the SEC is hoping for this Iron Bowl to be another defacto playoffs game 

Im going to stop spamming this thread after this, but I think their best case scenario is 8-0 Auburn/7-1 Alabama, then 8-1 Auburn vs 8-1 TAMU, then 9-1 Alabama vs 9-1 Florida. Hell, they might host their own playoffs if they can get that. 

7 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

its all conspiratorial, but I really think Auburn is going to have a lot of narrative value for the league. Bo is the leading "who's the next Burrow" candidate, there's the Auburn/LSU halloween game, we're the only semi-elite team pegged to be upset (go figure), I don't know if interest will equate to success but I bet the SEC is hoping for this Iron Bowl to be another defacto playoffs game 

I mean, everyone around here's been perfectly happy to accept for years now that the outcomes of SEC football games are influenced by league politics. So 50% of your argument is already very palatable to Auburn fans.

Archived