who is the smartest leftie and who is the smartiest rightie on fam?

aubiefifty

we should vote on who the "man" is for each side and have a town hall. pick a moderator to ask questions or let members ask their own. have it at a certain time so many of us can enjoy it in the spirit of good ol american debate. i think brad would be great to ask some great questions and i believe he would be more than fair. i am dead serious but being warped i have to add the zinger.........if the righties can find someone smart........lol. no one will do it but it would be fun. have a rule that question have to be answered honestly and no deflections. maybe something along whomever gets the most likes wins and the most negs loses? i would say loof or titan for the left. brad would have been on the list but we need someone who can be fair and impartial. anyone interested? let each side choose their own candidate.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Titan from the right. Homer from the left. 

titan is a rightie? have i been that stoned? good thing i dunna drive high.......

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Titan from the right. Homer from the left. 

Oh yeah. Major social conservative. Get into a discussion with him on abortion. 

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Oh yeah. Major social conservative. Get into a discussion with him on abortion. 

i am a lib and i do not like abortion i just do not have the right answers to make it a non issue.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

titan is a rightie? have i been that stoned? good thing i dunna drive high.......

Titan is a true conservative.  More in line with a John Kasich.  He doesn't do stupid and he doesn't buy into the Trumpism philosophy that has morphed the Republican party.

4 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Drinking this early Dubs???

The old fart is very good in a debate, however waspish he gets lol. 

The fact that you didn't know he's a rightie in 2020 should tell you everything you need to know. And, believe it or not, that's not a shot at Conservatives. It really isn't. I add the "in 2020" qualifier very intentionally. The conversation isn't even about conservative or progressive ideals right now. In, say, 2000, I'm guessing there would have been no such ambiguity and we'd all still hold him in the same esteem. 

I find myself regularly educated by him, Dub, Homie and Brad. 

There are others who possess quite a bit of knowledge but do not use said knowledge to form what I would consider intelligent views. 

i am a lib and i do not like abortion i just do not have the right answers to make it a non issue.

No one in their right mind should like it. It's abhorrent. The approach to eliminating it is what's all screwed up. 

I'm pro-choice, but, as I've said in the past, I could get behind a complete ban on elective abortion if we made a concerted effort to address why women feel the need to have an abortion to begin with. 

It will never be a non-issue because there will never be a complete absence of legitimate reasons for women to have them, and there will never be an acceptance by many that legitimate reasons exist. 

But it would sure as s*** be nice if men would shut up and let women have that conversation.

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

The old fart is very good in a debate, however waspish he gets lol. 

I have been trying to work on the waspy part, mainly by avoiding the worst of the MAGA fools.    (Whoops! ;))

Seriously I think there are several progressive posters on the forum that are more effective than me, including you, Brad and a couple of relative newcomers.

I get too emotional. :pcprobs:

back on topic. dub you or homie or whomever would be fine. i was leaving that up to majority vote. i just thought it would be fun if done the right way. we could have our own drinking games. what would homie say that would require people to take a drink? what word would mikey use over to get people drinking? just because many of us are ol geezers does not mean we could not have fun with it.

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I get too emotional

Have you met me?! Hell I've practically made flirting with the banhammer a hobby lol. 

2 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I have been trying to work on the waspy part, mainly by avoiding the worst of the MAGA fools.    (Whoops! ;))

Seriously I think there are several progressive posters on the forum that are more effective than me, including you, Brad and a couple of relative newcomers.

I get too emotional. :pcprobs:

i disagree my fam friend. you normally give most folks a chance if they say something stupid. me? if it is stupid i shoot first and ask questions later. i think in the end if anyone messes up and apologizes for it they are gold.

6 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Have you met me?! Hell I've practically made flirting with the banhammer a hobby lol. 

Hell, Titan's given me a couple of "vacations" in the past. ;D

(They were deserved.)

Just now, AUDub said:

i am a pretty big fan of yours and i think you to be fair as well. if my memory was normal i would really be bad on here but i cannot trust my own thoughts too often. and i have been temp banned but i was also guilty as charged. i have learned that with bidens avoiding the draft and obama and the families put in cages not to give give my own guys a free pass anymore.

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Hell, Titan's given me a couple of "vacations" in the past. ;D

(They were deserved.)

Oh yeah the vacation I got along with the warnings were definitely deserved as well lol. 

12 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we could have our own drinking games. what would homie say that would require people to take a drink? what word would mikey use over to get people drinking? just because many of us are ol geezers does not mean we could not have fun with it.

"AUFamily Bingo" with a variety of popular phrases/key words used on the card. The "loser" is the one who's words/phrases mostly comprise the BINGO. As punishment, one day ban or drink until you can't type. The choice is your's. 😂

15 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

:popcorn:

you wanna moderate? you need to earn that money the fam is shelling out to ya............lol

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm not crazy

And that, dear sir, makes YOU the smartest, regardless of directionality.  Pass me some of your popcorn, please.  

5 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

And that, dear sir, makes YOU the smartest, regardless of directionality.  Pass me some of your popcorn, please.  

You say popcorn I have popcorn nightly Publix or Target has the best in central Fl. 

Archived