NEVER FORGET!

aubiefifty

eom

I will remember this day for the rest of my life. I remember it like it was yesterday.  I would think most people are the same way.

That day was the last day I can remember that the country was as 1.  There was a lack of an individual sense and we came together to fight a common enemy.

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I will remember this day for the rest of my life. I remember it like it was yesterday.  I would think most people are the same way.

That day was the last day I can remember that the country was as 1.  There was a lack of an individual sense and we came together to fight a common enemy.

i do as well. the last time i had the same feeling was when jfk was killed.But the image of folks jumping from the tower still gets to me to this day. the horror of having to make that choice man.................

I remember driving into work and hearing about the first impact. Then the second in the parking lot. It was unbelievable. In fact, not many folks in the building necessarily believed me after I informed them what I had just heard until it had made its rounds.  My son was born just a few weeks prior. 

It was my freshman year.  I was driving back to Auburn for class after spending the night in Montgomery for a family event.  Heard the initial news on the radio.  Watched the first tower fall at a gas station by my place off of Wire Rd.  Spent the rest of the day skipping class and watching TV like everyone else.

I'll never forget the lines to give blood on campus that week and the community response in general.

Seems like a good day to share this pic.  I took it while in a meeting at some offices in NYC last year.  Hard to truly understand the size and scale unless you've been there.

Also worth noting the 9/11 museum.  I've only been to two museums in my life that moved me to tears: that one and the Holocaust museum in D.C.  If you ever have the shot to visit, you need to do it.

IMG_20190416_145758.jpg

4 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was my freshman year.  I was driving back to Auburn for class after spending the night in Montgomery for a family event.  Heard the initial news on the radio.  Watched the first tower fall at a gas station by my place off of Wire Rd.  Spent the rest of the day skipping class and watching TV like everyone else.

I'll never forget the lines to give blood on campus that week and the community response in general.

Seems like a good day to share this pic.  I took it while in a meeting at some offices in NYC last year.  Hard to truly understand the size and scale unless you've been there.

Also worth noting the 9/11 museum.  I've only been to two museums in my life that moved me to tears: that one and the Holocaust museum in D.C.  If you ever have the shot to visit, you need to do it.

IMG_20190416_145758.jpg

Tremendous shot.  I agree with you that the 911 Museum was as fitting a tribute as could ever be....in the wake of continued grief.  Our last visit was October 2018.  It's glorious, day or night...and a bucket list for any who will never forget if at all possible.  

Holocaust Museum is bucket-list for our next DC trip.  We walked the courtyards of Mauthausen Concentration Camp between Salzburg and Vienna in 2017.  I still haven't gotten over that...and I needed no convincing prior.  

6 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

I remember driving into work and hearing about the first impact. Then the second in the parking lot. It was unbelievable. In fact, not many folks in the building necessarily believed me after I informed them what I had just heard until it had made its rounds.  My son was born just a few weeks prior. 

One plane...wow.  Wild.  Second plane...plan.  No mistake.  Like yesterday, glued to computer screen, unfolding.  We'd just walked our Kindergartner to school on the back trail to Atlanta Highway's Head Elementary in Montgomery.  Home with our toddler.  Head organized a "flank Atlanta Highway" patriotic parade with kids/families red/white/blue flags tribute the next day.  Head is no more...but the memories will last forever.  Every school deserves a principal like Dr. Susan Mallett.

Interesting sidenote...I read excerpts of Todd Beamer's book, Let's Roll, to Bahamian middle-schoolers a few years later, during a schools/pulpit-supply (husband) visit.  They were so moved I left the book with them...

I was on duty in Bamberg. Our intelligence mission changed the following day. Never Forget.

57 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I was on duty in Bamberg. Our intelligence mission changed the following day. Never Forget.

Need a WOW button for this.  Thank you for your service, 78!!  There are things you can't unsee or unknow...which could deservedly put us all to shame.

8 minutes ago, ToraGirl said:

Need a WOW button for this.  Thank you for your service, 78!!  There are things you can't unsee or unknow...which could deservedly put us all to shame.

It was an honor.

5 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

It was an honor.

And those four words speak volumes.  

Archived