college footballs 2020 mystery team

aubiefifty

12 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Some of y’all are acting like this is Gus related just so you can throw out some sort of tired, generic joke. This is what happens and has happened to literally every coach at AU in the last 40 years at least. Even Dye lost some games we shouldn’t have that cost us a Natty or two. It happens. The JABA thing is kinda played out at times but it is definitely real. I don’t have an answer for why but it’s way beyond who is or isn’t the HC at a particular point in our history. I think it’s a mixture of several things actually. 

Actually, this isn't a normal stretch of mediocrity for us. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Auburn_Tigers_football_seasons

The really unique detail is that our offense has been dictated by our head coach all this time, and our offense has been the primary reason that we've lost 4 or more games each of the last 6 years and have only one division title over that same stretch. 

15 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

The really unique detail is that our offense has been dictated by our head coach all this time, and our offense has been the primary reason that we've lost 4 or more games each of the last 6 years and have only one division title over that same stretch. 

More than that is the way we lost them and the inexplicable lack of adjustments across the seasons. Most offenses grow and evolve our seemingly shrunk

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

The last few years...

376337341.jpg

Hopefully after Chad's hire...

034aeb0b524a08dce315d9998038d2a3.jpg

A little blue and orange paint would fix this bus right, and we’ll be ready for game day baby! Can you still drive @bigbird, or have your kids taken the keys? 😝 I’m sixty, so I don’t have much time left.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

More than that is the way we lost them and the inexplicable lack of adjustments across the seasons. Most offenses grow and evolve our seemingly shrunk

To watch Auburn stagnate on offense while historic run-heavy, vanilla teams like Alabama (and now LSU) have evolved, re-tooled and improved into some of the most complex, prolific scoring offenses in the country has been tough to watch. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

:(

Eugene Levy GIF by Pop TV - Find & Share on GIPHY

Thanks 😊, I think.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Actually, this isn't a normal stretch of mediocrity for us. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Auburn_Tigers_football_seasons

Good analysis here.

We have recruited fairly consistent and well over Gus' tenure, and there have been pockets of really good offense (2013, 2014, 2017) but it is Gus who drives the offense, and most of the games we have lost over the last 6 years has been due to an inconsistent offense due to a combination of avg QB/OL and lack of a diverse offensive scheme. 

And please, I never want to hear another JABA is real comment. It is just an excuse for actual lack of productivity at times in our offense.  Even with the great success Alabama has had over the last 12 years, even Saban has had years that he lost games he shouldn't have or showed flashes of poor field management. I know there are fans that think he should have won even MORE games. What he does well is recruit at a very high level, and he knows how to bring in coach after coach and maintain a highly winning program that hovers around 10 wins. He has JABA moments too, just far fewer. :)

Our problem is we hover around 8 wins. I just want us to continue tweaking our program to get us to that 9-10+ avg winning seasons.

11 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

Even with the great success Alabama has had over the last 12 years, even Saban has had years that he lost games he shouldn't have or showed flashes of poor field management. I know there are fans that think he should have won even MORE games. What he does well is recruit at a very high level, and he knows how to bring in coach after coach and maintain a highly winning program that hovers around 10 wins.

Not to go too far down this path, but 100% spot on. It's a little embarrassing to hear folks say that saban isn't actually a good coach, as though the 99% of the job that he does better than anyone else doesn't count. 

His "bad" decisions pop because they are so isolated and always so high profile. Folks mistaking the exception for the rule. 

Archived