Auburn cancels practice for 2nd day

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, AUFriction said:

Annnnnyyyyywaaayyyy....

Did anyone hear if practice happened yesterday?

Did you ? Why don’t you find out and tell us

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

Did you ? Why don’t you find out and tell us

Well I think it’s obvious with no media reports on the team Friday that there was no practice. 

the more interesting answer we need is if there will be a practice/scrimmage today. We need Malzahn to give a pc. 

1 hour ago, AUFriction said:

Annnnnyyyyywaaayyyy....

Did anyone hear if practice happened yesterday?

They did not and are not practicing today. 

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-cancels-another-practice-wont-practice-Saturday-150818268

One of two things will happen. Either they cancel the season completely or they play games with whomever can and will play. Sports are on the brink and it’s going to come to a head soon.

20 minutes ago, jared52 said:

One of two things will happen. Either they cancel the season completely or they play games with whomever can and will play. Sports are on the brink and it’s going to come to a head soon.

I think if teams are going to go into quarantine because a waterboy tests positive, then we won't have a season. Keeping                         people who are actually sick away from the rest will work, but a positive test shouldn't be a big deal. Somehow, the high schools are proceeding, if in a some what herky-jerky fashion.

Quote:"Sports are on the brink and it’s going to come to a head soon." I will truly miss AU sports. The others don't matter to me, except for maybe Super Bowl ads, which have been disappointing in recent years anyway.

There are still the shooting sports to engage in, horses to be ridden and fish to be caught. I don't think losing AU sports will be worth the increased activity in personal sports, but as to the others, I'll gladly trade a good day on the lake for an entire NFL season.

I don’t think they will cancel the season at this point. Heck even the big ten is trying to find ways to start before spring. Too much time , decisions and money has been spent prepping for the season now. 

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t think they will cancel the season at this point. Heck even the big ten is trying to find ways to start before spring. Too much time , decisions and money has been spent prepping for the season now. 

Agree. 

ANd the High schools are not moving forward if they find a positive test on the team. Look around, games have been canceled all around in the first 2 weeks of HS football. 

And with Auburn, this is as good a time(1 month until first game) as any to catch the ones that are infected, isolate, and then get back to football after the self quarantine period is over.

The time to worry is if they are tested the WEEK of a GAME, and then they have to cancel their college game that weekend. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Auburn cancels practice for 2nd day

Archived