Bo Nix- underappreciated heading into 2020 (Merged)

aubiefifty

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well it is not even about you being skewed to be honest! Legit the media across the nation has absolutely hyped him up. I mean even folks up here in Wisconsin , who barely know anything about Auburn football, speaks highly about him. When I ask them what they know about him, they usually say he is a true freshman QB and he led us to victory against Oregon. Not entirely false, but it goes to show the power of the media. I am not hating on the young man. I feel like he has the talent to absolutely light the college world on fire like JB did last year. I just haven’t seen it yet, so I am always surprised to hear the likes of people like Kirk Herbstriet blow his name up, when I feel like some of his contemporaries do not get the same love, tbh. Still, I am thinking with Morris we will see a much better statistical Nix!

No doubt! 

Some of those rankings are definitely questionable.

HOWEVER!

As much love as we may have for the *potential* of Bo Nix, he did not demonstrate top tier performance last year. In comparison to the really exceptional true freshman QBs over the past few years, his performance was just so-so. Everyone goes ga-ga over his *potential*. And personally, I think he has great potential too. But he just wasn't  able to really exploit that potential last season (hello, OL and O scheme). This year, under Morris, he may grow a lot -- IF the cobbled-together new OL can help him.

Bo will be a pro. He has huge talent. The problem is that he has not yet been able to develop under Malzahn and the OL is a real problem for hiis first 2 years at AU.

Just MO, of course.

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Btw, wanna hook a brother up with some Spotted Cow!? I'll pay for shipping and more!

That’s the golden stuff . Glad spotted cow is getting the pub it deserves. 

6 hours ago, DAG said:

That’s the golden stuff . Glad spotted cow is getting the pub it deserves. 

So, soooooo good. And their Serendipity is as good as beer gets for me. Tastes like they fresh squeezed the juice into the beer that morning. 

• ellitor changed the title to Bo Nix- underappreciated heading into 2020 (Merged)

where can it be purchased?

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Wisconsin OG! 

My family takes a trip up to Sturgeon Bay, WI every year. This year was only the 2nd year (out of 54) that my mom hasn't gone. LOVE me some Spotted Cow.

I re-watched the LSU game a couple days ago, and then the Florida game tonight. Funny thing about watching them again is that Bo didn't play as poorly as I remembered against LSU, although he still didn't play well. Florida on the other hand. Man. Tough game for Bo right there. And for Gus for that matter. Was really disasterous all the way around. Bad turnovers. Bad throws. Bad stints of play calls. Penalties in the most inopportune of times. 

At the time, I really thought Gus should have pulled Bo during the 2nd half of the LSU game. I don't feel very strongly about that anymore, despite Bo not playing well. On the other hand, Gus absolutely should have brought in Gatewood in during the 2nd half against Florida. I feel much stronger about that now. 

Anyway, don't do what I did. Just rewatch the Alabama game instead. 

8 hours ago, Barnacle said:

I re-watched the LSU game a couple days ago, and then the Florida game tonight. Funny thing about watching them again is that Bo didn't play as poorly as I remembered against LSU, although he still didn't play well. Florida on the other hand. Man. Tough game for Bo right there. And for Gus for that matter. Was really disasterous all the way around. Bad turnovers. Bad throws. Bad stints of play calls. Penalties in the most inopportune of times. 

At the time, I really thought Gus should have pulled Bo during the 2nd half of the LSU game. I don't feel very strongly about that anymore, despite Bo not playing well. On the other hand, Gus absolutely should have brought in Gatewood in during the 2nd half against Florida. I feel much stronger about that now. 

Anyway, don't do what I did. Just rewatch the Alabama game instead. 

Gus should have spent some time in jail for that Florida game. 

Archived