7.5 favorite over Kentucky (Updated)

aubiefifty

1 minute ago, Win4AU said:

In fairness Clemson was an inferior team until about 2012.  The 2011 win was the first time they beat Auburn in about 50 years I believe.  How Auburn kept it close in 2016 playing ring around the QB baffles me.  2017 may have gone Auburn's way if that game happens later in the season.  Stidham is a much better Qb than Kelly Bryant when he isn't getting sacked 12 times.  I'm just glad we aren't playing back to back series with them.  

Yes I am sick to death of playing Clemson 

41 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You'd be surprised. If I told you the poster, it would make a lot more sense. 

24 minutes ago, DAG said:

Does it rhyme with leff?

L

O

L

22 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yes I am sick to death of playing Clemson 

No joke.  It seemed like that was the only team Auburn could get to play them for awhile.  I would have loved to have seen a Georgia Tech, Florida State, or even Virginia Tech series from the ACC over 6-7 games against Clemson in a 10 year period

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

In fairness Clemson was an inferior team until about 2012.  The 2011 win was the first time they beat Auburn in about 50 years I believe.  How Auburn kept it close in 2016 playing ring around the QB baffles me.  2017 may have gone Auburn's way if that game happens later in the season.  Stidham is a much better Qb than Kelly Bryant when he isn't getting sacked 12 times.  I'm just glad we aren't playing back to back series with them.  

I dont know about much better. 12 times is one thing, but Stidham was horrible against pressure and they had one of the best front 7s in modern history. Bryant faced our tough defense and had a fantastic 2nd half after a slow first. Even without much pressure, Kelly Bryant was a winner and was great even in a more pass heavy offense at Missouri. I would take him over Stidham on the college level 9 times out of 10

11 hours ago, DAG said:

Why is that ? With good coaching and buy in, a quality program can be made and compete with anyone. We saw this with Petrino at Arkansas and Franklin at Vandy. 

Auburn had some success about 90% of programs would've wanted last decade I'll admit. But we've lost and/or severely struggled against some BAD matchups. If losing out on a playoff spot bc you couldn't stop freshman Kyle Allen at home doesn't humble you, I don't know what does

we get our ass kicked every other year by MSU, typically play the SECE rotational opponent VERY close, even when they aren't good, and haven't won a bowl game against a comparably talented team in 8, going on 9 years. I just don't know why Auburn is specifically in a position to look down on anyone 

18 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont know about much better. 12 times is one thing, but Stidham was horrible against pressure and they had one of the best front 7s in modern history. Bryant faced our tough defense and had a fantastic 2nd half after a slow first. Even without much pressure, Kelly Bryant was a winner and was great even in a more pass heavy offense at Missouri. I would take him over Stidham on the college level 9 times out of 10

The 17 OL that played Clemson was not the same one that played UGA/UA. Clemson would get some sacks but not double digits. Don’t know how much better it would’ve been but that Clemson game would’ve different later in the year. We were a different team. A lot of Bryant getting hot had to do with our D wearing down, they were on the field the entire game. 

2 minutes ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

The 17 OL that played Clemson was not the same one that played UGA/UA. Clemson would get some sacks but not double digits. Don’t know how much better it would’ve been but that Clemson game would’ve different later in the year. We were a different team. A lot of Bryant getting hot had to do with our D wearing down, they were on the field the entire game. 

Auburn had the ball 5 more minutes than Clemson did

UCF had 6 sacks, the very latest of the year possible

Auburn had a 0.9 YPC with Stidham contributing -2.3 to that. Clemson had a 2.7 YPC with Kelly Bryant donating 3.1 to that. I add that to say that Stidham probably could've thrown the ball away as soon as it was snapped any time he saw pressure and the rushing probably would've been very comparable. Yes it would've been different 10 weeks later, but that depends on the venue more than anything IMO. Against 3 programs hovering around both sides of .500 (Mizz, Ark and A&M), Stidham looked great. In the 16 quarters against UGA (CG), Clemson, UCF and LSU, Stidham might've had....4 good ones? 

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Auburn had the ball 5 more minutes than Clemson did

UCF had 6 sacks, the very latest of the year possible

Auburn had a 0.9 YPC with Stidham contributing -2.3 to that. Clemson had a 2.7 YPC with Kelly Bryant donating 3.1 to that. I add that to say that Stidham probably could've thrown the ball away as soon as it was snapped any time he saw pressure and the rushing probably would've been very comparable. Yes it would've been different 10 weeks later, but that depends on the venue more than anything IMO. Against 3 programs hovering around both sides of .500 (Mizz, Ark and A&M), Stidham looked great. In the 16 quarters against UGA (CG), Clemson, UCF and LSU, Stidham might've had....4 good ones? 

Was Kerryon hurt that game?

3 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Was Kerryon hurt that game?

He looked more like "Im done with this level of football, this game means nothing" and just didnt push himself more than he typically did than "hurt" 

Didn't help that the OL was just getting abused the entire game. They looked just as bad as the Clemson game, just a lesser front 7 they were facing 

17 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

He looked more like "Im done with this level of football, this game means nothing" and just didnt push himself more than he typically did than "hurt" 

Didn't help that the OL was just getting abused the entire game. They looked just as bad as the Clemson game, just a lesser front 7 they were facing 

He didn’t record a single carry so I’m pretty sure that was a Gus call.  Based on what we saw later that year I have 1) a hard time believing Gus would let Kerryon sit out unless he couldn’t play 2) Kerryon wouldn’t play if he could.  He probably would have been drafted anyway but he drastically improved his NFL stock that year.  Dude loved and loves Auburn.  Not a paycheck player IMO

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

He didn’t record a single carry so I’m pretty sure that was a Gus call.  Based on what we saw later that year I have 1) a hard time believing Gus would let Kerryon sit out unless he couldn’t play 2) Kerryon wouldn’t play if he could.  He probably would have been drafted anyway but he drastically improved his NFL stock that year.  Dude loved and loves Auburn.  Not a paycheck player IMO

I thought you were referring to UCF, my bad. Yeah the Clemson game, he had a long run against Georgia Southern week 1 and then Gus did the hurry up no thing and ran Kerryon again and he messed his hamstring up I believe. Pettway was the starter for Clemson. A healthy Pettway WAS (was) the best RB the previous season and the better blocker over KJ though, so I feel like he was about as valuable a player. 

But I'd acquiesce to someone that said having Kerryon's receiving abilities could've mitigated some of those sacks 

On 8/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, DAG said:

Why is that ? With good coaching and buy in, a quality program can be made and compete with anyone. We saw this with Petrino at Arkansas and Franklin at Vandy. 

True, but AU has recruited at a much high level than those schools historically . Sure a blind squirrel can find a nut every now and then , but AU should beat them 9.5 out of 10 times . They have been a hand full recently to echo your statement, but AU should consistently handle them . 

On 8/25/2020 at 6:25 PM, auburn4ever said:

I wonder just how many fans their gonna let in to Jordan-Hare Stadium.

Around 17,500

Archived