7.5 favorite over Kentucky (Updated)

aubiefifty

Sports

Auburn opens as double digit favorite over Kentucky in 2020 opener

Auburn and head coach Gus Malzahn opens up as 11 points favorites against the Kentucky Wildcats. Auburn holds a 26-6-1 overall record in the series and have won two straight, both coming in Lexington. The game is set for Sept. 26 in Jordan-Hare Stadium

there is a video with this but i cannot get it to work like normal..............sorry folks. i feel i have let you guys down.........

Auburn and head coach Gus Malzahn opens up as 11 points favorites against the Kentucky Wildcats. Auburn holds a 26-6-1 overall record in the series and have won two straight, both coming in Lexington. The game is set for Sept. 26 in Jordan-Hare Stadium

like another poster said i hope to see joey play and play well. just not quite good enough to beat us. i still miss the young man.

I wonder if Cole Cubelic has seen this yet. 

200w.gif

I personally don’t like the matchup. Kentucky has a good offensive line so we’ll see how our Dline fairs early. Our offense usually looks unprepared in openers and Stoops is a pretty good coach. Hopefully Coach Morris can change that. 

• WarTiger changed the title to double digit favorite over Kentucky

Year of the defenses. After no Spring spring practices, many offenses - including ours w/ new OC & limited practices - will not exactly look like well oiled machines before November. I think we blunder our way to a comfortable win vs Mildcats. 

• ellitor changed the title to AU 7.5 favorite over Kentucky (Updated)

This makes a lot more sense than 11.  I was all over that 11 pts.  This will be a tough game.  Tennessee Scar only at 3 was interesting.  Guess Vegas isn’t overly confident in Tennessee in quite yet.

• WarTiger changed the title to 7.5 favorite over Kentucky (Updated)
22 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Year of the defenses. After no Spring spring practices, many offenses - including ours w/ new OC & limited practices - will not exactly look like well oiled machines before November. I think we blunder our way to a comfortable win vs Mildcats. 

I come in peace as a UK fan. I don't think anyone is giving uks defense respect. Brought back most of the defense. We don't give up explosive pass plays, a massive d line. Then you throw in a great punter and you see why it's tough to score on Uk

31 minutes ago, Justwar said:

I come in peace as a UK fan. I don't think anyone is giving uks defense respect. Brought back most of the defense. We don't give up explosive pass plays, a massive d line. Then you throw in a great punter and you see why it's tough to score on Uk

Welcome!

UK is a very tough team. Y'all have really taken on Stoops' personality.  While I respect UK's defense, I also recognize some matchups that favor us. I think that it will be a good game...early. I believe we both have stout defenses but our O has too many playmakers. The first half will have growing pains for both teams but I believe we pull away in the 2nd half.

47 minutes ago, Justwar said:

Welcome!   Much more importantly than this game right now, who do you like under Tiz The Law for exotics at the Kentucky Derby?

#asktherealquestions

2 hours ago, Justwar said:

Bet cezannee, still 20-1 I believe 

Next, and much more important question. Which is your favorite bourbon?

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

Next, and much more important question. Which is your favorite bourbon?

Beat me to it.

Welcome to the Wildcat. Treat our Joey with care.

8 hours ago, Justwar said:

Being that this is an home opener, you guys have a quality defense and a quality the coach, it definitely is a recipe for an “upset.”

7 hours ago, Justwar said:

Bet cezannee, still 20-1 I believe 

I like the opportunity underneath there.  My sleeper for the exotics is King Guillermo.  Hasn't raced since April and most have forgotten about him.  But as long as Tiz The Law gets a good trip, he wins.

Honestly though, the best race is the Oaks.  That showdown between Swiss Skydiver and Gamine is gonna ba epic.

There is no planet or universe in which KY should ever compete with AU in football .

oh yeah we gave them gatewood. We will get a game from them 

gus still sucks for that . 

20 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

There is no planet or universe in which KY should ever compete with AU in football .

oh yeah we gave them gatewood. We will get a game from them 

gus still sucks for that . 

Why is that ? With good coaching and buy in, a quality program can be made and compete with anyone. We saw this with Petrino at Arkansas and Franklin at Vandy. 

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Why is that ? With good coaching and buy in, a quality program can be made and compete with anyone. We saw this with Petrino at Arkansas and Franklin at Vandy. 

I've seen people make the same argument here, except instead of Kentucky, it was Clemson. Some people think we should always beat programs they perceive to be inferior, even when those schools have surpassed Auburn in the way of recruiting, wins, championships, & consistency. Granted, we're not talking about Clemson. 

5 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I've seen people make the same argument here, except instead of Kentucky, it was Clemson. Some people think we should always beat programs they perceive to be inferior, even when those schools have surpassed Auburn in the way of recruiting, wins, championships, & consistency. Granted, we're not talking about Clemson. 

I also agree with @DAG, but as someone who thought we should have beaten Clemson in 2017 (and possibly 2016), I did so fully understanding just how good they were. The problem was, we were better than they were but did not put our players in position to play like it. Very similar to Florida last year, and a few other games over the last five or six years.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I also agree with @DAG, but as someone who thought we should have beaten Clemson in 2017 (and possibly 2016), I did so fully understanding just how good they were. The problem was, we were better than they were but did not put our players in position to play like it. Very similar to Florida last year, and a few other games over the last five or six years.

No doubt. This poster in particular was arguing that "we should never lose to Clemson," as a general rule. 

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt. This poster in particular was arguing that "we should never lose to Clemson," as a general rule. 

Yeah, that is silly. But I am sure they have come around to that conclusion themselves by now, lol.

18 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I will say I remember the recurrent theme of us looking down at Clemson and calling it little Auburn with a lake. But then they got over that hump lol. Something we can’t do for whatever reason. 

16 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah, that is silly. But I am sure they have come around to that conclusion themselves by now, lol.

You'd be surprised. If I told you the poster, it would make a lot more sense. 

16 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

You'd be surprised. If I told you the poster, it would make a lot more sense. 

Does it rhyme with leff?

20 minutes ago, DAG said:

I will say I remember the recurrent theme of us looking down at Clemson and calling it little Auburn with a lake. But then they got over that hump lol. Something we can’t do for whatever reason. 

In fairness Clemson was an inferior team until about 2012.  The 2011 win was the first time they beat Auburn in about 50 years I believe.  How Auburn kept it close in 2016 playing ring around the QB baffles me.  2017 may have gone Auburn's way if that game happens later in the season.  Stidham is a much better Qb than Kelly Bryant when he isn't getting sacked 12 times.  I'm just glad we aren't playing back to back series with them.  

Archived