Seven year old dies of coronavirus in Georgia

aubiefifty

23 minutes ago, savorytiger said:

It's times like these where I wish this board had a ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ emoji. 

Anyway, you mentioned distance learning for communities with a 5% infection rate. How is the testing where you are at? Is it widely available, and are results timely?

🤷‍♂️

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SocialCircle said:

Your sources offered no facts ....just like you they only offered opinion and words. Meanwhile I provided specific examples. You have emotion and I have logic and facts. Most of my friends are R and most of my friends show they care by their actions: delivering food during the summer to needy students, donating and handing out book bags complete with school supplies to all students, donating time to install plexiglass in classrooms over the last month to help protect our staff and students, purchased and donated a book for every student through the 5th for every student in our school system  are just a few examples me and my friends have been involved with just in recent months and weeks. How about you? What do you do that you don’t get paid to do to contribute to the well being and safety of the children in your community? You are a liar if you think R here in my community don’t care about our youth. 

You must not understand what facts are vs. opinions. But that’s not surprising since studies have shown that people who adhere to a right wing beliefs have lower cognitive abilities. Let me try to dumb it down for you.

After Sandy Hook, Republicans refused to pass gun legislation. They accused parents of being crisis actors. This is evidence they don’t care about school children.

Republicans have repeatedly attempted to eliminate food assistance programs. One Republican even went so far as to say it was like feeding strays. School children are fed with food assistance programs. This is evidence they don’t care about school children.

The Trump administration wants to reduce students who are on free and reduced lunches. Their policy would impact thousands of students who are fed with this program. This is evidence Republicans don’t care about school children.

And I didn’t even include healthcare. The ACA protects thousands of students by providing affordable healthcare. Republicans have tried to repeal it and are currently pursuing a lawsuit to have it dismantled. More evidence Republicans don’t care about school children. 

3 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

You must not understand what facts are vs. opinions. But that’s not surprising since studies have shown that people who adhere to a right wing beliefs have lower cognitive abilities. Let me try to dumb it down for you.

After Sandy Hook, Republicans refused to pass gun legislation. They accused parents of being crisis actors. This is evidence they don’t care about school children.

Republicans have repeatedly attempted to eliminate food assistance programs. One Republican even went so far as to say it was like feeding strays. School children are fed with food assistance programs. This is evidence they don’t care about school children.

The Trump administration wants to reduce students who are on free and reduced lunches. Their policy would impact thousands of students who are fed with this program. This is evidence Republicans don’t care about school children.

And I didn’t even include healthcare. The ACA protects thousands of students by providing affordable healthcare. Republicans have tried to repeal it and are currently pursuing a lawsuit to have it dismantled. More evidence Republicans don’t care about school children. 

Here is a few things this administration has done for children so far:

* President Trump signed into law a $2.4 billion funding increase for the Child Care and Development Fund, providing a total of $8.1 billion to States to fund child care for low-income families.
* The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (CDCTC) signed into law by Trump provides a tax credit equal to 20-35% of child care expenses, $3,000 per child & $6,000 per family + Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside up to $5,000 in pre-tax $ to use for child care.
* In 2019 President Donald Trump signed the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education and Support Act (CARES) into law which allocates $1.8 billion in funding over the next five years to help people with autism spectrum disorder and to help their families.You don’t get this accomplished if you don’t care about children.

To say anyone who actually has children and does a good job of loving them and raising them doesn’t care about children is simply a lie. Passing gun control legislation or not is just one perspective on the issue of making children more secure at school. Another way some believe to accomplish this to put more security equipment and/or people in place at and around schools. Generally D prefer the former and R prefer the ladder. The D controlled the Senate and the House and the White House just prior to Sandy Hook. Do tell what actions they took to protect those students?  You are very hypocritical to criticize others while not criticizing your own for the same thing. 

As it relates to the school lunch program what actions (not words or opinions) have the R taken to cut it back or reduce it? The answer in none. Again you are a hypocrite as the worst thing in recent years that has happened to school lunches is an action by the last administration advocated and pushed by Michelle Obama. The is universally known by everyone who works in a school. You know it too, but it goes against your narrative. Now the R even controlled the House and Senate and the White House when Trump got elected for his first 2 years and they didn’t cut back the school lunch program. 

R also tend to favor school choice as well that would benefit children now who only have the practical option of attending sub-par schools. 

4 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Here is a few things this administration has done for children so far:

* President Trump signed into law a $2.4 billion funding increase for the Child Care and Development Fund, providing a total of $8.1 billion to States to fund child care for low-income families.
* The Child and Dependent Care Tax Credit (CDCTC) signed into law by Trump provides a tax credit equal to 20-35% of child care expenses, $3,000 per child & $6,000 per family + Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) allow you to set aside up to $5,000 in pre-tax $ to use for child care.
* In 2019 President Donald Trump signed the Autism Collaboration, Accountability, Research, Education and Support Act (CARES) into law which allocates $1.8 billion in funding over the next five years to help people with autism spectrum disorder and to help their families.You don’t get this accomplished if you don’t care about children.

To say anyone who actually has children and does a good job of loving them and raising them doesn’t care about children is simply a lie. Passing gun control legislation or not is just one perspective on the issue of making children more secure at school. Another way some believe to accomplish this is to increase funding and to put more security equipment and/or people in place at and around schools. Generally D prefer the former and R prefer the ladder. The D controlled the Senate and the House and the White House just prior to Sandy Hook. Do tell what actions they took to protect those students?  You are very hypocritical to criticize others while not criticizing your own for the same thing. 

As it relates to the school lunch program what actions (not words or opinions) have the R taken to cut it back or reduce it? The answer in none. Again you are a hypocrite as the worst thing in recent years that has happened to school lunches is Michelle Obama. The is universally known by everyone who works in a school. You know it too, but it goes against your narrative. Now the R even controlled the House and Senate and the White House when Trump got elected for his first 2 years and they didn’t cut back the school lunch program. 

R also tend to favor school choice as well that would benefit children now who only have the practical option of attending sub-par schools. 

I stopped reading her post in the first lines when she spewed that conservatives have less cognitive abilities. LMAO. You aren't going to get anywhere with someone that has such an ignorant mindset as that.  

If I recall they just made it where there needed to be some sort of documentation to show that the family needed assistance with school lunches instead of just having it where the school/district/state/etc. just said they needed X number of money for fee meals. Which is perfectly acceptable to have some system in place to make sure the money is being spent correctly. 

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

You quoted in response to my post about kids not being immune— interesting context if you weren’t disputing it, what were you doing?

Ugh stating facts. Not your strong suit. I understand.

Archived