Seven year old dies of coronavirus in Georgia

aubiefifty

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Are you trying to be funny? If so, you're a roaring success. While you're at it, tell us again about those peaceful protests in Portland. https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/08/breaking-mostly-peaceful-rioters-break-portland-police-union-third-time-light-fire/

Ahh deflection to a non related topic. 
Like I said you support a party who doesn’t give a damn about the welfare of school children. Stop pretending that’s the reason you guys want school to open. 

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Defunding the police has nothing to do with anything I said. Stay on topic or stop responding with your whataboutisms.  

Name gun legislation that was passed by republicans after Columbine? Sandy Hook? Stoneman Douglas? I’ll hang up and listen.

First of all funding for safety was increased after the FL shooting. We used the money for extra cameras as well as more secure entries at all of our schools.  Your mistake is you think stricter gun laws means less shootings. Chicago and other cities shows this to be an incorrect theory. 

Having SROs in schools absolutely makes them safer and less likely to suffer from the situation you mentioned. It also reduces drugs on campus. It also provides the DARE program. 

Bottom line - There is no constitutional gun legislation not already on the books that would for sure make the situation you mentioned less likely to occur. Meanwhile, the increased funding for safety and keeping SROs does make our schools safer and less likely to have a shooting. 

1 hour ago, GiveEmElle said:

Not surprising since schools have been closed down. Why is it that right wing people NEVER EVER factor in all the information? Lower cognitive abilities?  Surely if you think a reality game show host was a good choice for POTUS there has to be a problem. 

Schools have already been opened in several other countries around the world. 

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Children also are not as contagious as adults. Last count, in all the world there is one teacher who caught the virus from a student.

The highlighted part of your post is, of course, unmitigated nonsense.

This pandemic is worse in America than any developed country because of MAGA morons— Guys like you, screwing it up for everyone else and then bitching about it. 

15 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

First of all funding for safety was increased after the FL shooting. We used the money for extra cameras as well as more secure entries at all of our schools.  Your mistake is you think stricter gun laws means less shootings. Chicago and other cities shows this to be an incorrect theory. 

Having SROs in schools absolutely makes them safer and less likely to suffer from the situation you mentioned. It also reduces drugs on campus. It also provides the DARE program. 

Bottom line - There is no constitutional gun legislation not already on the books that would make the situation you mentioned less likely to occur. Meanwhile, the increased funding for safety and keeping SROs does make our schools safer and less likely to have a shooting. 

My mistake is thinking gun legislation reduces shootings? 
https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-control-research-how-policies-can-reduce-deaths-2019-8

It does. But I watched Republican inaction after little children were slaughtered at Sandy Hook. Many of them even claimed it was a hoax and accused parents of dead children of being crisis actors. 

I also mentioned free and reduced lunches, but you seem unwilling to address that. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-administration-rule-could-end-free-school-lunches-for-about-500000-children/2019/09/24/4c488f66-def1-11e9-8dc8-498eabc129a0_story.html

Food assistance 

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/04/784732180/nearly-700-000-snap-recipients-could-lose-benefits-under-new-trump-rule

Feel free to explain to me how republicans care about the welfare of school children after these attempts. 

The stupid reality game show host wants school open so everything can get back to normal so he can steal an election.  He doesn’t give a flying **** about school kids. 

9 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Schools have already been opened in several other countries around the world. 

Yeah, in countries where the spread was mitigated BEFORE SCHOOLS OPENED. AMERICA isn’t there. 

6 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Yeah, in countries where the spread was mitigated BEFORE SCHOOLS OPENED. AMERICA isn’t there. 

Per the CDC most of the country is to the point they should open schools. There are some areas that aren’t. 

5 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Per the CDC most of the country is to the point they should open schools. There are some areas that aren’t. 

The areas that aren’t seem to be red states with governors who are staunch Trump supporters. 

8 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

My mistake is thinking gun legislation reduces shootings? 
https://www.businessinsider.com/gun-control-research-how-policies-can-reduce-deaths-2019-8

It does. But I watched Republican inaction after little children were slaughtered at Sandy Hook. Many of them even claimed it was a hoax and accused parents of dead children of being crisis actors. 

I also mentioned free and reduced lunches, but you seem unwilling to address that. 
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/trump-administration-rule-could-end-free-school-lunches-for-about-500000-children/2019/09/24/4c488f66-def1-11e9-8dc8-498eabc129a0_story.html

Food assistance 

https://www.npr.org/2019/12/04/784732180/nearly-700-000-snap-recipients-could-lose-benefits-under-new-trump-rule

Feel free to explain to me how republicans care about the welfare of school children after these attempts. 

The stupid reality game show host wants school open so everything can get back to normal so he can steal an election.  He doesn’t give a flying **** about school kids. 

Nothing you cited had it been enacted at the time would have stopped one of the school shootings you referenced. 

Despite the conjuncture and biased articles, there has been no reducing in the eligibility of those who qualify for free or reduced lunch under Trump. Call me when something actually happens.  In fact, the worst thing to happen to school meals since I have been serving on the school board is Michelle Obama. I received more negative calls and emails from the needy in my community when we were forced to change our meals then on any other issue subject. 

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

The areas that aren’t seem to be red states with governors who are staunch Trump supporters. 

There have factually been more deaths per 100,000 of population in states governed by Democrats. Places like NY, NJ, etc...

My county in Georgia is red and we are well under the level of cases where the CDC says it is safe to open.

Did you know the majority of calls to DCFS comes from schools? 

We are offering a choice here and 79% of families here have elected for their student to attend school. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and is completely based on what is overall in the best interests of our students and our community. 

1 minute ago, SocialCircle said:

Nothing you cited had it been enacted at the time would have stopped one of the school shootings you referenced. 

Despite the conjuncture and biased articles, there has been no reducing in the eligibility of those who qualify for free or reduced lunch under Trump. Call me when something actually happens.  In fact, the worst thing to happen to school meals since I have been serving on the school board is Michelle Obama. I received more negative calls and emails from the needy in my community when we were forced to change our meals then on any other issue subject. 

You can’t say that legislation would not have stopped school shootings. 

Now we move to the  of the most predictable right wing lines “biased articles” and the “but Obama.”  Republicans have consistently tried to eliminate food assistant programs, so pretending that you suddenly care about the welfare of school children in light of what the party has attempted for generations is hypocrisy. 

21 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

And what guidelines do they recommend?

6 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

There have factually been more deaths per 100,000 of population in states governed by Democrats. Places like NY, NJ, etc...

My county in Georgia is red and we are well under the level of cases where the CDC says it is safe to open.

Did you know the majority of calls to DCFS comes from schools? 

We are offering a choice here and 79% of families here have elected for their student to attend school. This has absolutely nothing to do with politics and is completely based on what is overall in the best interests of our students and our community. 

I actually work in a school so I’m familiar with problems children face. 
What you fail to factor in, despite your awareness of calls to DCF, is that many parents have no other choice but to send their children to school, despite the options. 

14 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Now we move to the  of the most predictable right wing lines “biased articles” and the “but Obama.”  Republicans have consistently tried to eliminate food assistant programs, so pretending that you suddenly care about the welfare of school children in light of what the party has attempted for generations is hypocrisy

You have no idea how much I care or don’t care. I believe in actions and results and not words. So exactly what have Republicans actually done as it relates to limiting free and reduced lunches.  Let me help you answer.....they haven’t limited them. The Obama actually did change the school lunch program for everyone and it caused an outcry here and in many places.  You know....actions....not words. BTW, I’ll put my actions as it relates to caring for our students up against anyone’s. 

16 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

I actually work in a school so I’m familiar with problems children face. 
What you fail to factor in, despite your awareness of calls to DCF, is that many parents have no other choice but to send their children to school, despite the options. 

Thanks for making my point. I do realize it and am so glad we are able to be there for those who have no other option. That is a good thing. 

23 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

And similarly, you can't say it would have stopped school shootings, nor any other shootings. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be more security measures in place.

9 minutes ago, johnnyAU said:

And similarly, you can't say it would have stopped school shootings, nor any other shootings. That doesn't mean there shouldn't be more security measures in place.

If you go back and read my original statement, perhaps you’ll grasp my point. Republicans have never cared for the welfare of school children so there is no point in suddenly claiming the welfare of students is why they want schools opened. 
I used failure to pass gun legislation after school shootings as an example as well as Republican attempts to destroy food assistance and free lunch programs for school children. 

1 minute ago, GiveEmElle said:

If you go back and read my original statement, perhaps you’ll grasp my point. Republicans have never cared for the welfare of school children so there is no point in suddenly claiming the welfare of students is why they want schools opened. 
I used failure to pass gun legislation after school shootings as an example as well as Republican attempts to destroy food assistance and free lunch programs for school children. 

Again “Republicans have never cared for the welfare of school children” is absolutely and completely false. I refuse to let this go. We have a R governor and have had for many years. Funding was in fact increased to improve the safety of our schools. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Name gun legislation that was passed by republicans after Columbine? Sandy Hook? Stoneman Douglas? I’ll hang up and listen.

Happily, there has been none. I can name some state level gun legislation that strengthened 2nd amendment rights. Protecting 2nd amendment rights is one big reason to continue to vote Republican. Gun control does not prevent shootings. If it did, there wouldn't be 20-some murders in Chicago every week.

4 minutes ago, SocialCircle said:

Again “Republicans have never cared for the welfare of school children” is absolutely and completely false. I refuse to let this go. We have a R governor and have had for many years. Funding was in fact increased to improve the safety of our schools. 

That statement is absolutely true. And I don’t consider you a reliable source. So cute a news source that evidences Republicans care about the welfare of school children. 
As I recall, before COVID your cult leader was even accusing schools of indoctrinating students. And as a school board member I’m sure your aware of the Education Secretary’s absolute disdain for public education. 

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Happily, there has been none. I can name some state level gun legislation that strengthened 2nd amendment rights. Protecting 2nd amendment rights is one big reason to continue to vote Republican. Gun control does not prevent shootings. If it did, there wouldn't be 20-some murders in Chicago every week.

Well at least your capable of acknowledging that fact, there has been none.

Gun control does work. But Republicans don’t like those facts. Chicago is a moot point when five miles outside of that city there is no gun control. 

2 hours ago, GiveEmElle said:

Not surprising since schools have been closed down. Why is it that right wing people NEVER EVER factor in all the information? Lower cognitive abilities?  Surely if you think a reality game show host was a good choice for POTUS there has to be a problem. 

Can't you read? I said "all the world" for a reason. As you have already been informed, the schools in other countries have been open for some time now.

2 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

Well at least your capable of acknowledging that fact, there has been none.

That's a great thing!

On 8/10/2020 at 7:07 AM, TexasTiger said:

This pandemic is worse in America than any developed country because of MAGA morons— Guys like you, screwing it up for everyone else and then bitching about it. 

If I had to blame some American group for the unavoidable spread of the coronavirus in America, I'd blame the Democrat mayors and governors of New York, New Jersey etc. and Democrat politicians such as Pelosi, who told the population to "Go to Chinatown and have a block party in the streets". Also, these thousands of domestic terrorists rioting and looting without regard to safe practices is a great source.

That's if we are going to try to place blame on a group in America. The Chinese Communist Party is to blame, but you hate President Trump more than you dislike them, if indeed you dislike them at all. 

21 minutes ago, GiveEmElle said:

That statement is absolutely true. And I don’t consider you a reliable source. So cute a news source that evidences Republicans care about the welfare of school children. 
As I recall, before COVID your cult leader was even accusing schools of indoctrinating students. And as a school board member I’m sure your aware of the Education Secretary’s absolute disdain for public education. 

You have been brainwashed.  There are numerous examples and here is one recent one: https://www.gov1.com/education/articles/covid-19-school-safety-grants-the-cares-act-uA1cqtaMf5ZmMNqH/

Archived